Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:43:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Free natural gas, is it worth it to use a Natural gas generator?  (Read 1299 times)
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2542

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 10:51:17 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2019, 12:56:04 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

damn it, ya got me curious...
Search Google using something like cummins generators natural gas  or Onan, or other maker. Lots comes up like these used ones . I'd think there are smaller ones around for the under 100kw market as well.

That rather brings up an important question: How much gas (what rate of flow or max volume per-month) does your contract allow? There should be something about it. If not, ever think of setting up a micro-grid for your area? Wink

For an economics back-of-a-napkin:
You said your rate is $0.07/kWh? Using that and a 300kW load running 24x7 and a standard of 30-day month/12month I get an yearly electric bill of $181,440. If your current area power feed is not setup to give you that, tack on what the Utility or Co-op will charge you to run the power to your location.

Balance that against acquisition, transport, and installation plus maint contract costs of a NG fueled prime-power rated genset over a few years and play with the scenarios. Especially do not forget about the IRS's Section-179 Capital Equipment deduction for small businesses. Good for up to $500k this year Smiley

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: