Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:16:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ATTN] BitSyncom: I need to change my shipping address for my batch 3 avalon  (Read 1794 times)
mrSprinkles (OP)

Activity: 265
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 09:39:06 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2013, 03:32:06 AM by mrSprinkles

It says in the ToS that it is allowed for special occasions, and I feel that this is one. I have moved from Canada to the US for work.

I have updated my address on the webpage, which seems to only affect future orders as the default shipping address since the order page still shows the original address. I also sent BitSyncom a PM on May 4th.

Is updating the address page on my order all that is required? Do I need to contact the payment processor (bitinstant I believe) and ask them to update my address as well?

I can supply any info you need such as my driver's license showing original address, and lease signing / bank statement showing my new address. I can even give you the phone number of my apartment building so you can verify that I am a resident at the building.

Please help me out with this, it would be a real headache to have it shipped to my old address.

EDIT: Has anyone successfully changed addresses?

EDIT 2: Called EMS, they do not allow address changes, it is the responsibility of the seller to change the address. Running out of ideas here.

EDIT 3: Thinking about buying the $25 LinkedIn Premium so I can send Yifu Guo an inMail, which carries a "guaranteed" reply of 7-days. Or maybe my friend that works there can hook me up.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 09:56:07 PM

Wouldn't it be easier to call DHL and convince them to change your address? Or maybe they can inform you when they will ship so you can be at that address.

mrSprinkles (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 09:59:12 PM

Good idea, I'm going to be going with EMS though. I'll have to give them a call. I highly doubt that they will allow such an address change though, the customs form will probably be different (I moved from Canada to the United States for work in the beginning of May).
mrSprinkles (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 06:55:15 AM

bump
mrSprinkles (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 01:41:37 AM

bimp
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 08:06:58 AM

Maybe try to figure out when will they ship it to the old address and just be there? With all your documents of course...

grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 06:19:17 PM

don't waste your time. the never respond to: PM, email, or tickets.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
kaerf

Activity: 631
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 06:22:53 PM

FWIW, I had yifu change my address in batch #1 (since I moved). I got a confirmation email from their management software that said the changed had been made. When the actual shipping happened, the unit was shipped to the old address. While the unit was in transit I called DHL and had them hold it for pick up. I was fortunate enough to have been called by DHL to inform me that I'd be receiving a package the following the day...without that notification I would not have known my package was incorrectly addressed.
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 07:47:40 PM

You should be able hold at shipping center for pickup.  Give them a call and they should be able to make it happen.

The other shippers offer this as a pretty common feature.  I imagine DHL can as well.
coastermonger

Activity: 367
Merit: 250

Find me at Bitrated

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 08:11:46 PM

Isn't it possible to set up a mail forwarding address with your local gov office so that any mail sent there under your name is directed to your new address? 

Plan B: I would get someone you trust to hang out at the old place on a day that the package is supposed to arrive.

Bitrated user: Rees.
mrSprinkles (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 06:28:20 AM

FWIW, I had yifu change my address in batch #1 (since I moved). I got a confirmation email from their management software that said the changed had been made. When the actual shipping happened, the unit was shipped to the old address. While the unit was in transit I called DHL and had them hold it for pick up. I was fortunate enough to have been called by DHL to inform me that I'd be receiving a package the following the day...without that notification I would not have known my package was incorrectly addressed.

How did you get in contact with yifu?

Isn't it possible to set up a mail forwarding address with your local gov office so that any mail sent there under your name is directed to your new address?  

Probably, but I'm in the United States now, and my original address was in Canada.
StringTheory

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

Making Sense of Things

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 06:50:59 AM

When it comes down to it, look:  You ordered Avalon to the address that you initially listed.  Unless you are reselling or a scammer, there is no real explanation for why you would need to change your address for delivery.  If there is anything Avalon is trying to avoid, it is to get involved in the politics of reselling or facilitating any activity beyond initial delivery of the product.  Unless you can justify your movement of address with severe crisis ie. natural disaster, government intervention, bloody revolution (which I'm guessing you cannot) there is no justification on your end for this issue, and there is no reason for Avalon to address your convoluted "problem".  Receive your unit at the initial address and then resell it.  If you claim you listed the "wrong address", that is your fault, they explicitly stated there will be little to no customer service for their sales in their terms of service.

Successful Transactions: jayson3 +1
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 09:36:47 AM

When it comes down to it, look:  You ordered Avalon to the address that you initially listed.  Unless you are reselling or a scammer, there is no real explanation for why you would need to change your address for delivery.  If there is anything Avalon is trying to avoid, it is to get involved in the politics of reselling or facilitating any activity beyond initial delivery of the product.  Unless you can justify your movement of address with severe crisis ie. natural disaster, government intervention, bloody revolution (which I'm guessing you cannot) there is no justification on your end for this issue, and there is no reason for Avalon to address your convoluted "problem".  Receive your unit at the initial address and then resell it.  If you claim you listed the "wrong address", that is your fault, they explicitly stated there will be little to no customer service for their sales in their terms of service.

Did you read this topic?
I have moved from Canada to the US for work.

grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 02:40:19 PM

Did you read this topic?
it doesn't seem plausible that he was given less than 2 months notice to move to a new country.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 03:05:12 PM

Did you read this topic?
it doesn't seem plausible that he was given less than 2 months notice to move to a new country.

Are we really starting to investigate why does he want to change his address? Feel free to do it, but as long as he doesn't want to change his delivery name i don't think anyone else can pick it up if he changes his address.

jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 04:21:05 PM

He should be talking to DHL...

We can speculate as much as we like... but DHL is the one who will be able to help him out.

Personally, for the cost of the Avalon, I would be willing to book a flight to pickup the machine in Canada (who knows... say hi to friends and fam) and then reship it to wherever he needs it to go (just like the Avalon purchase rules stated).
mrSprinkles (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 03:28:34 AM

I had several pending offers and wasn't certain that I'd be moving to the US when I ordered to my original address. When I received my offer for a US company, I accepted it and shortly after began work. Many software companies do hire many months in advance (up to a year sometimes), but I started applying late in the school term, so that is why it was short notice for moving. It does state in the ToS that address changes are allowed for "special occasions" and I'm trying to figure out a way to get in contact with Yifu.

He should be talking to DHL...

We can speculate as much as we like... but DHL is the one who will be able to help him out.

Personally, for the cost of the Avalon, I would be willing to book a flight to pickup the machine in Canada (who knows... say hi to friends and fam) and then reship it to wherever he needs it to go (just like the Avalon purchase rules stated).

I chose EMS for shipping, they can't really do much for me unfortunately.
mrSprinkles (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 02:47:32 AM

bump. Really hope BitSyncom sees this.
mrSprinkles (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 01:28:05 AM

bamp
farproc

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

ALGORY.io Crowdsale starts on 8/12/2017

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 05:59:06 AM

The custom service of BitSyncom is not very good.

▀███████████████▄▄
              █████████████████
               █████████████████
                █████████████████
                 █████████████████
                  █████████████████
        ▄▄▄▄       █████████████████
    ▄██████████▄    █████████████████
   ██████████████    █████████████████
  ████████████████    █████████████████
 ██████████████████    █████████████████
 ██████████████████     █████████████████
 ██████████████████      █████████████████
  ████████████████        █████████████████
   ██████████████          █████████████████
    ▀██████████▀            ▀████████████████▄
       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ 
ALGORY  Multifunctional Tool for Cryptocurrency Trading 
Join Whitelist and Get 20% Bonus┃CROWDSALE ON DEC. 8
           ░████████████▒
       ░████████████████████░
     ░████████████████████████▒
   ░████████████████████████████░
  ░██████████████████   █████████▒
 ░███████████████      ▒██████████░
 █████████████         ████████████
░██████████            ████████████░
░██████                ████████████▒
░█████████████▒▒      ▒████████████▒
 ████████████████     █████████████░
 ▒████████████████    ████████████▒
  ▒████████████████▒  ████████████
   ░█████████████████ ██████████▒
     ██████████████████████████░
       ▒█████████████████████
          ░██████████████▒
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 06:03:41 AM

Customer service doesn't exist. Cutting cost to a minimum.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: