Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:45:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin really secure?  (Read 21543 times)
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:39:45 AM

Bitcoin security comes  with individual safety.The fiat banking system (USD, Euro, etc) is like a walled garden. Not much can happen to your money in normal every-day use and your bank is responsible for the security of your funds. If something goes wrong you can usually call someone to fix the issue or even initiate a charge-back. The average bitcoin user is not used to this radical shift in responsibility and as a result a lot of money can be lost by simple mistakes. And there is no one you can call to have it fixed.In a nutshell, you are your own bank.
things make those newcomer think that bitcoin are not secure are because of there's a lot of case where bitcoin user lost their access to their wallet or a case where a big exchange hacked and lost millions of dollars. actually it's about how the media provide a misleading information. bitcoin generally could be considered as the most secure financial system comared to any other financial system like bank for example.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rizalzal

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:57:02 AM

bitcoin is actually very secure where we can transact and others can not trace it
elie_s

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:05:50 AM

Bitcoin has a high level in security
All it's data are encrypted
Such high end security
U just have to use a safe internet connection from your house
And always change ur password Wink

•••     BitCloud  BTDX    |    A new type of decentralized currency     •••
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     Most  Profitable  Masternode Coin     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
• Wallet  • Details  • Exchanges  •Masternode    •    ANN  Blockexplorer  MN Calculator  Twitter  Github  Slack
dancingnancy

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:08:22 AM

Hello pals,
Recently I introduced Bitcoin and cryptocurrency to my friends and family,they liked the concept but they asked me a question that I wasn't able to answer.Is Bitcoin really secure?What if a hacker was able to hack Bitcoin system/blockchain?Who manages Bitcoin security and what are the security measures taken to avoid hackers being able to steal Bitcoins?Why Bitcoin is not blocked for those who use it illegally by buying/selling in the deepweb market?What if governements ban Bitcoin because of these people?
I really appreciate if you  guys give me some answers
It's heavily protected with efficient security measures. You should enable two-factor authentication to make it impossible for anyone to access your account without your knowledge. Also invest in a hardware wallet for added security.
shejunk

Activity: 164

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:19:06 AM

Bitcoin is safe. You just need to protect your private key. Do not give people a chance to know your private key. You can also put bitcoin in multiple wallets. Do not put bitcoin in a single wallet. You can also use the offline wallet. Smiley

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
heleng05

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:20:14 AM

I think it is safe and secure you can even ask all people here who uses it, and even it is decentralized many people trusted to use it and I like how it work than other furom it really help me a lot.

OrangeII

Activity: 2058
Merit: 503

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:25:11 AM

I have no idea. I can only say that it's not very safe. because in every system, there must be a gap. well, some people never lose the bitcoin they have. but whether it's because of themselves, or something else.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Isaacck

Activity: 207

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:43:32 AM

Hello pals,
Recently I introduced Bitcoin and cryptocurrency to my friends and family,they liked the concept but they asked me a question that I wasn't able to answer.Is Bitcoin really secure?What if a hacker was able to hack Bitcoin system/blockchain?Who manages Bitcoin security and what are the security measures taken to avoid hackers being able to steal Bitcoins?Why Bitcoin is not blocked for those who use it illegally by buying/selling in the deepweb market?What if governements ban Bitcoin because of these people?

That's quite hard question from your family and friends, hahaha. Bitcoin, is not really secured, because it's found on internet and hackers' now is more professionals even in deepweb they can get a link
heureca

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:48:42 AM

I think it is safe and secure you can even ask all people here who uses it, and even it is decentralized many people trusted to use it and I like how it work than other furom it really help me a lot.

Yeah, however it is necessary to enable all protection options on BTC wallet. Using all protection options will significantly increase your level of security.   

██                                                     
██████                                                    
██████████                ████              ████          
█████████████          ██████████        ██████████       
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████     ████████████████   ████  ██████████  ██████████ 
█████        ██████████          █████████        █████████
█████         ██████             ██████              ████ 
█████         █████              ████                     
█████         ███████            ██████              ████ 
█████        ███████████         █████████        █████████
█████     █████████████████  ████   █████████  ██████████ 
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████████████          █████████         ██████████       
██████████                ████              ████          
  ████                                                    
/Distributed
Credit Chain
//
Empower Credit, Enable Finance
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
thenameisjay

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 10:12:54 AM

I think we can all agree that bitcoins are safe but really depends on the person keeping the bitcoins. If you really do value your bitcoins, you should be smart enough to keep yourself from connecting to suspicious internet connections and transacting without a safe vpn.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Amial

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 10:14:33 AM

Hello pals,

Yes, thats why crypto are very popular!
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:14:36 AM

I think we can all agree that bitcoins are safe but really depends on the person keeping the bitcoins. If you really do value your bitcoins, you should be smart enough to keep yourself from connecting to suspicious internet connections and transacting without a safe vpn.
To be safe in the cryptocurrency world, we should not trust people easily, we need to make sure that we will make a transaction to the people who are trustworthy and have a trusted reputation. If you want to just be safe in cryptocurrency then do not share any details of your bitcoins to the other people so they will not have any idea of your account and so they will not get interested for hacking it.
chichigirl

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

HELENA

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:18:16 AM

Bitcoin is always secure when you know how to manage your bitcoin. Secure with you your password and donnot let everyone open your cellular phone or computer to avoid from every hackers working all the time.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y
|    TWITTER    |   TELEGRAM   |    DISCORD    |
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JOIN NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:26:02 AM

Bitcoin is always secure when you know how to manage your bitcoin. Secure with you your password and donnot let everyone open your cellular phone or computer to avoid from every hackers working all the time.

i can know how to manage my bitcoin, but how can be sure to avoid every past/present and future malware? run an antivirus/anti-malware and ovoid that kind of site/mail, do you think is enought?
mrdrumspin

Activity: 95
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:55:55 PM

you cant hack-duplicate coins if thats what you mean. but storing your acc info anywhere online makes it accesibile to a hacker who can then steal money from you. but he can't hack bitcoin system because blockchain because its decentralised. everyone has a copy. everyone would know you changed data and it would not be valid.
Rebelf

Activity: 33

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:01:00 AM

It could be that a cyberpunk has your wallet if you give him a privatkey, or give him your email address. But as long as it doesn't occur very guaranteed bitcoinso much we've never discovered an instance of online hackers there who can crack the wallet.
mxyzptlkof6th

Activity: 294
Merit: 26

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:06:21 AM

Bitcoin is not really secure because there are many scammers. Also if you have a very large value of bitcoin, you must keep a low profile from others.
Ru chin Salcedo

Activity: 30

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:17:12 AM

I think securities in the world wide webbis always at stake
..you cannot be 100% sure of its security may last long
Tiktik

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:23:43 AM

Hello pals,
I can say 100% that bitcoin is not secured because like in eth wallet adresses somebody can see your wallet but not your private key so be careful always and try to use wallet that trusted and gard to hack for your security.
twicezeroiszero

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:05:12 PM

Hello pals,
I really appreciate if you  guys give me some answers
I can say 100% that bitcoin is not secured because like in eth wallet adresses somebody can see your wallet but not your private key so be careful always and try to use wallet that trusted and gard to hack for your security.
Save your private key in the safest place and guarantee only you or the people you can trusted have permission to know this key.
Remember, save your private key in PC is risky, because you always surfing website, download, watching ... many things through online.
It is the advantage for hacker attack your computer.

Tra

╓███▄
                            ]████▌
                            ]███▀
         ╓▄▄█████████▄▄    ,▄█▀  
      ▄████▀▀█████µ   `▀▓██▀`    

╓████╜   ╙███████▄▄█▀▀`▀▄    
   ]███▌        "▀██████▌    ▓Ç  
   ]███        ,▄█▀" ▀████   ]█  

▓██      ▄█▀▀     ▓███▌  á█  
     ▀██╖ ╓▄█▀        ▓███▌ ▄█▌  
       ▀███▒         ╓███████`   

,▄██╜"▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀      
   ,▄██▀                         
  ▄██▌                           

╓████▌                           
█████┘                           
 ▀▀▀                             
ion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
 Transitions You to A Crypto-ready Society 

Github   Telegram   Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Reddit   Youtube
 TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO 
u
\ \ \ \
/ / / /
PRE-SALE STARTS APRIL 15, 2018
/ / / /
\ \ \ \
u
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: