Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:21:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Signing messages using Bitcoin libraries  (Read 331 times)
agourbet (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2020, 01:09:21 PM

Hello, i am a Java developer and i am experimenting with signing and verifying messages using Bitcoin elliptic curve keys. I would like to ask the ones that have a bit more experience that me about this topic. I have create an endpoint in which a user can send me a signed message using his Bitcoin private key and his public key. Later i am calling the verifymessage function using BitcoinJ library in order to check if the message was signed by the private key of the user. The issue that i am having is that even though the same endpoint works for users that use BitcoinJ library, it doesn't work for users that use a php library that does the same things as BitcoinJ library. So my question is, is it possible that an implementation in Java, of verifymessage function for Bitcoin network, uses different algorithms to make calculations from a php library or Javascript library? Thank you

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MixMAx123

Activity: 161
Merit: 168

View Profile
June 03, 2020, 03:09:58 PM
Merited by hugeblack (1)

You are also welcome to test my Java ECDSA classes. https://github.com/MrMaxweII/Secp256k1

agourbet (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2020, 01:54:18 PM

As i can see there isn't any update on your library for years.
MixMAx123

Activity: 161
Merit: 168

View Profile
June 04, 2020, 03:11:59 PM
Merited by ABCbits (1)

As i can see there isn't any update on your library for years.

Yes, the signature algorithm has not changed in years and the ECDSA mathematics will not change either.
Signatures are a mathematical algorithm that is always the same. Have you ever received an update for your calculator?
But if you want I can change the version number. :-)
If you want software with many updates, the best thing to do is buy Windows.
A little tip from me: You can recognize good software by the fact that there are few updates and not many!
agourbet (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2020, 12:31:19 PM

I understand what you are saying and i am in your camp also. I thought that it was a signature issue but instead it was something else. I found the problem and i will try your lib also. Thanks for your help.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: