Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:40:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 177 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]❁ KORE Tor Masternodes, Browser, VoIP, Aether OS, KOREPhone, KOREbay Funded  (Read 152270 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (12 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Plorark

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:40:37 PM

The market is crazy today ...
If you want to understand why, here there is an article about it:

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/jun/11/bitcoin-price-cryptocurrency-hacked-south-korea-coincheck

It's sad that something that doesn't have nothing to do with any specific crypto itself makes the prices decrease.
Well, at least we know it's nothing definitive. Everything should be back to normal again pretty soon.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheMatrix101

Activity: 330
Merit: 130

Ⓚ Kore Application Developer Ⓚ

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 09:25:44 PM

The market is crazy today ...
If you want to understand why, here there is an article about it:

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/jun/11/bitcoin-price-cryptocurrency-hacked-south-korea-coincheck

It's sad that something that doesn't have nothing to do with any specific crypto itself makes the prices decrease.
Well, at least we know it's nothing definitive. Everything should be back to normal again pretty soon.

Sadly I have a feeling coinbase has either tried this shit or will try this. Their CEO is pretty anti bitcoin and the rest of the company doesnt seem too thrilled about BTC either. of course they would never admit to messing with the price buuuuuut i bet someday soon they will be "hacked" as well and BTC price will drop to near nill.

Matrix

█████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████
dmz241

Activity: 519
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 06:18:20 AM

Very interested in your project. Tell me if I get the necessary number of coins to run the masternode, how much will I receive from her passive income per month? is there some statistics on payments?

Not sure how these works havent tried it myself. But I did some search:
https://masternodes.online/currencies/KORE/
dmz241

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 06:19:46 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2018, 06:32:37 AM by dmz241

A few questions.
1) What is the advantage of running a master node rather then a regular node and staking?
Supporting the network, especially when future updates roll out.
2) I read the instructions on how to run a master node. So I need a remote VPS and a local wallet running. Do both of these have to be active inorder to receive the master node benefits?
Its a hot/cold setup so no, the local wallet just needs to be there to start the mn and then can be shut down and you will still receive rewards.
3) Has anyone tried running a master node on a raspberry pi if so could you share instructions/tutorial guide etc?
This was one of my projects a few months back but there were tor errors running on pi and took about 4 hours to compile so i shelved that project pretty fast. Hoping the next big update will fix the issues and i can do it and release a doc for it.
4) Also I read that there is a requirement of 500 coins to be locked up. So if I lock up more coins does that help?
Please dont. Its 500 coins. No more. No less. You wont be able to start your node because the transaction does not meet requirements if you send say 550.
5) Lets say I want to discontinue the master node how can I get the funds back?
Just comment out your masternode.conf and restart your local wallet Smiley
Once again thanks KORE team.

Hope that answered your questions adequately

Matrix
Thanks man that helps will try to start master node soon. Another question on this doesnt running a regular node also help the network? as you still get staking rewards I guess we get better rewards with mn but just wanted to know for self knowledge.
Yes a regular node helps distribute the however home nodes have several points of failure. for example internet, that could go down, or your power could go out, or if you are running windows then they can force an update. this is why 99% of the time i will not help with windows masternode configurations. however a masternode running on a linux vps has several backups.

hope that helped Cheesy
Matrix

Cool I am travelling once I am back I would love your help in setting it up. Glad to see a developer here finally. Before it was always Mike replying he did a great job keeping this project alive.
TheMatrix101

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 01:43:51 PM

Hey guys,

A month or so ago I said I was going to work on an easy way for you guys to retrieve your onion address. I partially made good on that promise soon after by writing scripts and applications (shell scripts and PHP Node Monitoring Service) that would grab the network info and then parse it for your onion address but it bugged me that it wasn't in the actual wallet. As many of you know I am an applications developer but I don't work with CPP because it's a very ugly language and not my cup of tea per say. However, after looking into everything and working on it for a while I have finally gotten a hang on a few things with CPP and was able to create the getonion command which has now been pushed to the git and can be grabbed. I have not compiled wallets for it yet, other than linux, but it will be available next release in all the wallets. If you are running a linux wallet and want to use this command you can pull it now but if you are on windows/macOSX you will need to wait for next release to utilize it.

I made a promise I would make an easy way to grab your onion, what easier way than for a command in the daemon/rpc just for it instead of having to parse network data or running a script. When I make a promise I do my best to make good on it to the best of my abilities, even if I have to learn a bit to do so. I'll continue to do what I can for this coin where I can and when I can.

Matrix

Guardsman

Activity: 574
Merit: 117

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 03:19:56 PM

Great news! I am glad that the project lives and develops! I hope that the situation on the market will change and the project will receive an additional start for the growth of the coin rate!
MikeMike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020

★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 11:50:21 AM

Great news! I am glad that the project lives and develops! I hope that the situation on the market will change and the project will receive an additional start for the growth of the coin rate!

We are getting there.
Just a little more time is all it will take.
 Cool

MikeMike

Plorark

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:44:50 PM

Hey guys,

A month or so ago I said I was going to work on an easy way for you guys to retrieve your onion address. I partially made good on that promise soon after by writing scripts and applications (shell scripts and PHP Node Monitoring Service) that would grab the network info and then parse it for your onion address but it bugged me that it wasn't in the actual wallet. As many of you know I am an applications developer but I don't work with CPP because it's a very ugly language and not my cup of tea per say. However, after looking into everything and working on it for a while I have finally gotten a hang on a few things with CPP and was able to create the getonion command which has now been pushed to the git and can be grabbed. I have not compiled wallets for it yet, other than linux, but it will be available next release in all the wallets. If you are running a linux wallet and want to use this command you can pull it now but if you are on windows/macOSX you will need to wait for next release to utilize it.

https://kore.life/getonion.PNG

I made a promise I would make an easy way to grab your onion, what easier way than for a command in the daemon/rpc just for it instead of having to parse network data or running a script. When I make a promise I do my best to make good on it to the best of my abilities, even if I have to learn a bit to do so. I'll continue to do what I can for this coin where I can and when I can.

Matrix

THIS!
Big commands in CMD scary me a lot.
Thank you for putting this together Smiley
maX0x64

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 04:40:52 PM

guys, what's the trick to get staking enabled? I have wallet unlocked for staking, fully synced and it keeps saying staking not active, is there a minimum balance required?
dmz241

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 05:22:04 AM

Another question. Can I have one local wallet and multiple MN running on VPS. If so how would we go about doing that?
TheMatrix101

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 02:25:51 PM

guys, what's the trick to get staking enabled? I have wallet unlocked for staking, fully synced and it keeps saying staking not active, is there a minimum balance required?

How much coin do you have? also might be a good idea to move it all to one address for a better chance

Matrix

Guardsman

Activity: 574
Merit: 117

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 03:23:45 PM

Despite the fact that this coin is not the biggest profitability indicator, I really like it, because I think that this is one of the most promising masternode for today! Good luck to the developers!
TheMatrix101

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 05:10:31 PM

Another question. Can I have one local wallet and multiple MN running on VPS. If so how would we go about doing that?

You can run a local wallet and a masternode running on a VPS or multiple masternodes running on multiple VPSes.
Of course there is a way to run a thousand masternodes on your local machine or even on a single VPS but that does more to hurt the network than it does to help it so you wont get any support from team members if you decide to go that route.

maX0x64

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 06:22:05 PM

How much coin do you have? also might be a good idea to move it all to one address for a better chance

Matrix

37 KORE, all in one address
TheMatrix101

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 07:11:04 PM

Matrix

There is no minimum balance required, however, 37 KORE is a little small to stake. "Staking not active" is a known issue that i am going to look into personally if i can figure it out. If the wallet is unlocked it will eventually stake. I'd recommend 50-100 coins to stake on a semi-regular basis.

Matrix

Plorark

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 07:36:02 PM

Despite the fact that this coin is not the biggest profitability indicator, I really like it, because I think that this is one of the most promising masternode for today! Good luck to the developers!

Indeed. The development didn't stop since the swap.
Mxrider420z

Activity: 619
Merit: 289

Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★ Portuguese/SPA

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:05:36 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2018, 08:18:34 PM by Mxrider420z

Hey guys, how you doing?

Stopping by to wish a great week to all and post a cool picture from Silvana from this past weekend.

The next main event for the WSL women´s championship is the Corona Open J Bay in Jeffreys Bay, Eastern Cape, South Africa and it will run from July 6th to the 16th, if you live in the area go check it out those events are awesome

If someone posts a picture from this upcoming event with Silvana proving you were there i will personally send freebies(shirts and mini-surfboard keychain) to you.

Go Kore, Go BTC

Cheers  Grin

dmz241

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 05:31:54 AM

You can run a local wallet and a masternode running on a VPS or multiple masternodes running on multiple VPSes.
Of course there is a way to run a thousand masternodes on your local machine or even on a single VPS but that does more to hurt the network than it does to help it so you wont get any support from team members if you decide to go that route.
I wouldnt want to hurt the network in anyway. But not sure why that would be the case could you explain a bit? I have more then 500 coins and would like to stake all of them. If I have 2 vps running wouldnt that mean more nodes and better network. The only thing I will be using a local machine to access those 2 nodes. What I am looking for is why is this bad? Wouldnt more master nodes mean that people will have to lock up more kore hence increase in prices also? while more security due to multiple nodes? You know better but just trying to learn this.
dmz241

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 05:33:21 AM

Matrix

There is no minimum balance required, however, 37 KORE is a little small to stake. "Staking not active" is a known issue that i am going to look into personally if i can figure it out. If the wallet is unlocked it will eventually stake. I'd recommend 50-100 coins to stake on a semi-regular basis.

Matrix

To this I agree I have been running the node for over 24 hours. Still no stake and same problem as above and I have more then 500 coins
dmz241

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 05:35:03 AM

I wouldnt want to hurt the network in anyway. But not sure why that would be the case could you explain a bit? I have more then 500 coins and would like to stake all of them. If I have 2 vps running wouldnt that mean more nodes and better network. The only thing I will be using a local machine to access those 2 nodes. What I am looking for is why is this bad? Wouldnt more master nodes mean that people will have to lock up more kore hence increase in prices also? while more security due to multiple nodes? You know better but just trying to learn this.

Also one thing to add, I am not looking to run 2 master nodes on 1 vps. I am looking at buying 2 vps 1 core with 1gb of ram each and running them as 1 MN on each. Since the cost of each is only $10 per node it will cover for the cost and yet save me some funds while still helping the network correct me if I am wrong?
Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 177 »
  Print  

Jump to: