Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:27:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 ... 177 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]❁ KORE Tor Masternodes, Browser, VoIP, Aether OS, KOREPhone, KOREbay Funded  (Read 152262 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (12 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
TheMatrix101

Activity: 330
Merit: 130

Ⓚ Kore Application Developer Ⓚ

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 07:43:39 AM

Another question. Can I have one local wallet and multiple MN running on VPS. If so how would we go about doing that?

You can run a local wallet and a masternode running on a VPS or multiple masternodes running on multiple VPSes.
Of course there is a way to run a thousand masternodes on your local machine or even on a single VPS but that does more to hurt the network than it does to help it so you wont get any support from team members if you decide to go that route.
I wouldnt want to hurt the network in anyway. But not sure why that would be the case could you explain a bit? I have more then 500 coins and would like to stake all of them. If I have 2 vps running wouldnt that mean more nodes and better network. The only thing I will be using a local machine to access those 2 nodes. What I am looking for is why is this bad? Wouldnt more master nodes mean that people will have to lock up more kore hence increase in prices also? while more security due to multiple nodes? You know better but just trying to learn this.
Ahh okay, so to answer your question there are multiple facets to be looked at here
masternodes
price
network stability
network respect

Due to how the question was phrased, and possibly my sleep deprivation, I was under the impression you wanted to run multiple masternodes on a single vps. This would of course still be good for the price of KORE (which team doesnt care too deeply about) as well as increase network stability while they were running. However, this introduces a single point of failure for multiple masternodes, which can cause slight network instability if they were to go down. of course 2 mn compared to 250+ mns doesnt make much of a hit when it comes to stability but if people see that and decide they want to move all their mns to one vps then we have a much bigger problem. The point is to distribute the network, which a single vps running multiple nodes doesnt do. because of this it's not really respecting other mn owners who have a vps for each mn and are properly distributing the network (im looking into how to fix this so it cant be done btw but it will be a slow process)

How you just said you want to do it is how it should be done, and yes it is very easy, just follow the process a second time (add the second mn information to your local machines masternode.conf on the line below the first mn and restart your wallet)

I sincerely hope that cleared up that misunderstanding,
Matrix

█████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheMatrix101

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 08:33:54 AM

guys, what's the trick to get staking enabled? I have wallet unlocked for staking, fully synced and it keeps saying staking not active, is there a minimum balance required?

How much coin do you have? also might be a good idea to move it all to one address for a better chance

Matrix

37 KORE, all in one address
There is no minimum balance required, however, 37 KORE is a little small to stake. "Staking not active" is a known issue that i am going to look into personally if i can figure it out. If the wallet is unlocked it will eventually stake. I'd recommend 50-100 coins to stake on a semi-regular basis.

Matrix

To this I agree I have been running the node for over 24 hours. Still no stake and same problem as above and I have more then 500 coins
I know you are looking to  setup a masternode... have you already setup the masternode in your masternode.conf? if so that 500 coins will never stake as it is "locked down." so if you have 509 coins and you have a masternode setup then you will only stake the 9 coins. also, is your wallet unlocked?

Matrix

Zelux

Activity: 86
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:13:30 PM

guys, what's the trick to get staking enabled? I have wallet unlocked for staking, fully synced and it keeps saying staking not active, is there a minimum balance required?

How much coin do you have? also might be a good idea to move it all to one address for a better chance

Matrix

There is no minimum balance required, however, 37 KORE is a little small to stake. "Staking not active" is a known issue that i am going to look into personally if i can figure it out. If the wallet is unlocked it will eventually stake. I'd recommend 50-100 coins to stake on a semi-regular basis.

Matrix

To this I agree I have been running the node for over 24 hours. Still no stake and same problem as above and I have more then 500 coins
I know you are looking to  setup a masternode... have you already setup the masternode in your masternode.conf? if so that 500 coins will never stake as it is "locked down." so if you have 509 coins and you have a masternode setup then you will only stake the 9 coins. also, is your wallet unlocked?

Matrix

Hey Matriz, thank your for supporting Kore, it is really good to see that this coin is live !

Cheers
TheMatrix101

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 03:11:36 PM

Hey everyone,

So it has come to my attention that there is a lot of confusion about how KORE's staking works. This is because KORE staking does not take into consideration coin age at all! We believe that those who support the network by constantly keeping their wallet online and staking should be rewarded more than those who run their wallet once a week/month/year. It has taken me a bit to reply to this issue frankly because I have been so busy as well as the very big fact that...well...I like math, but math hates me. Back to what we were discussing.

Of course, there is the issue with disappearing coins and that is being looked into, we believe we have found the two causes. A fix will be out soon for the first which should GREATLY reduce the number rate of disappearing coins. The second will make the issue almost nonexistent however requires a lot more work.

So back to the task at hand. Each stake, regardless of size (10 coin stake or even 10,000 coin stake) will reward the staker with a 0.012% increase in coin. So a stake of 10,000 coin will come back with 10,001.2 coin then the next time it stakes it will return with 10,002.400144 and so on. So here is how it is broken down.
an address with a decent amount of coin will stake once every four hours (maximum) (at least that's how the network is configured, doesnt always work that great.)
each stake gives a return of 0.012%
each day you will stake an average/maximum of 8x PER ADDRESS
so daily return is a little over 0.072% (im not good at nested fractions, 8 stakes will get more than this because of the percentage it received from the last stake, we are just assuming 10000 coin is staked every stake, not including the previous rewards, dont hate me i dont like math lol.)
this makes the return per week a little above 0.504%
and monthly percentage return;  a bit above 2.232%
and yearly percentage return is a fair bit higher than 26.784%

Of course right now, with the disappearing coins issue, this percentage is very hard to achieve without some decent scripting capabilities but like i said, two updates will come out that will each greatly help with this issue.

Sorry for hopping around a bit,
Hope I helped clear up some things,
Matrix

CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 10:19:52 PM

Another question. Can I have one local wallet and multiple MN running on VPS. If so how would we go about doing that?

You can run a local wallet and a masternode running on a VPS or multiple masternodes running on multiple VPSes.
Of course there is a way to run a thousand masternodes on your local machine or even on a single VPS but that does more to hurt the network than it does to help it so you wont get any support from team members if you decide to go that route.
I wouldnt want to hurt the network in anyway. But not sure why that would be the case could you explain a bit? I have more then 500 coins and would like to stake all of them. If I have 2 vps running wouldnt that mean more nodes and better network. The only thing I will be using a local machine to access those 2 nodes. What I am looking for is why is this bad? Wouldnt more master nodes mean that people will have to lock up more kore hence increase in prices also? while more security due to multiple nodes? You know better but just trying to learn this.

Also one thing to add, I am not looking to run 2 master nodes on 1 vps. I am looking at buying 2 vps 1 core with 1gb of ram each and running them as 1 MN on each. Since the cost of each is only $10 per node it will cover for the cost and yet save me some funds while still helping the network correct me if I am wrong?

DigitalOcean is $5 a month for a VPS. Just make sure you the swap file script from the masternode page. There are 2 options on that page.
dmz241

Activity: 519
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 04:23:19 AM

Matrix

Matrix

Matrix
Hey Matrix thanks for all the help. No havent set it up. Is it possible I can pm you for help? I dont want to declare my holdings here. I dont have much but just enough to run 2 mn. But the weird thing is that its not showing my full balance and nothing is staking either.
dmz241

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 04:51:13 AM

Also one thing to add, I am not looking to run 2 master nodes on 1 vps. I am looking at buying 2 vps 1 core with 1gb of ram each and running them as 1 MN on each. Since the cost of each is only $10 per node it will cover for the cost and yet save me some funds while still helping the network correct me if I am wrong?

DigitalOcean is $5 a month for a VPS. Just make sure you the swap file script from the masternode page. There are 2 options on that page.
Thanks, yes looking at digital ocean and vultr.
dmz241

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:16:53 AM

For some reason the image is not showing or being blocked
https://imgur.com/TigCXQT
Weird my coins just said they are now staking coins but this was some of my holding. Just sharing here so you can look at it.
TheMatrix101

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:38:09 AM

Weird my coins just said they are now staking coins but this was some of my holding. Just sharing here so you can look at it.

Feel free to message me at any time, I might be slow to reply because i normally do discord support but here goes.

You have staked four times so everything is working fine Smiley
As for the balance not showing correctly, this is because someone found a block right before you staked so yours orphaned, we are currently working on a fix, soon we will be testing our fix for this issue.
for now just add zapwallettxes=1 into your kore.conf and any time it shows a wrong balance restart your wallet and you will be fine Smiley

Matrix

Zelux

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 12:13:05 PM

Hey guys, how you doing?

Stopping by to wish a great week to all and post a cool picture from Silvana from this past weekend.

http://i66.tinypic.com/120rqk9.jpg

The next main event for the WSL women´s championship is the Corona Open J Bay in Jeffreys Bay, Eastern Cape, South Africa and it will run from July 6th to the 16th, if you live in the area go check it out those events are awesome

If someone posts a picture from this upcoming event with Silvana proving you were there i will personally send freebies(shirts and mini-surfboard keychain) to you.

Go Kore, Go BTC

Cheers  Grin

I like taking pictures ... I would love to have a chance to take surf pictures like this one.
Thinking about South Africa lol lol
dmz241

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:53:39 AM

Feel free to message me at any time, I might be slow to reply because i normally do discord support but here goes.

As for the balance not showing correctly, this is because someone found a block right before you staked so yours orphaned, we are currently working on a fix, soon we will be testing our fix for this issue.
for now just add zapwallettxes=1 into your kore.conf and any time it shows a wrong balance restart your wallet and you will be fine Smiley

Matrix

That was 3 months ago. The new staking running for 6 days not a single stake now. Where do I add zapwallettxes=1?
dmz241

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:03:15 AM

Matrix

That was 3 months ago. The new staking running for 6 days not a single stake now. Where do I add zapwallettxes=1?

Never mind my bad I just saw not sure how this works. Could you just tell me where to add that zapwallettxes?
MikeMike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020

★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 12:27:58 PM

Matrix

Never mind my bad I just saw not sure how this works. Could you just tell me where to add that zapwallettxes?

Add:
zapwallettxes=1
Into your conf file in your kore folder.

dmz241

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:58:41 AM

Matrix

Add:
zapwallettxes=1
Into your conf file in your kore folder.
MikeMike thanks. It seems for the staking to show up when i restart the wallet.
Plorark

Activity: 20

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:15:12 PM

Hey guys!

Just passing by to say that now Kore have a dnsseed (and two more about to come out of the oven).
Also, some checkpoint were set up.

Everything 100% done and working in the Momentum branch, included in the last PR in the official GitHub repo.

I hope it to be on a release real soon.

Go Kore, Go BTC!
Zelux

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 08:54:48 PM

Hey guys!

Just passing by to say that now Kore have a dnsseed (and two more about to come out of the oven).
Also, some checkpoint were set up.

Everything 100% done and working in the Momentum branch, included in the last PR in the official GitHub repo.

I hope it to be on a release real soon.

Go Kore, Go BTC!

Nice to see this coin getting new stuff done.
Having checkpoints make the wallet more secure ! This is really important.
Looking forward to see this new update from Kore.

Congratulation guys
Mxrider420z

Activity: 619
Merit: 289

Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★ Portuguese/SPA

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 02:01:02 PM

Hey guys good morning how you doing?,

Stopping by to wish a great week to all and to post a cool picture of Silvana Lima surfing this past weekend.

Go Kore, Go BTC.

Cheers

MikeMike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020

★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 04:35:57 PM

Well, downloading new wallet right now, nice team!!!
Keep working  Wink

We are testing some updates to the KORE wallet.
Could be a small release out soon.

MikeMike

Zelux

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 12:10:30 PM

Is there anybody here following the World Cup ?
Plorark

Activity: 20

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 07:00:37 PM

Is there anybody here following the World Cup ?

Looking forward to see Kore logo on the Neymar's shirt lol
Pages: « 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 ... 177 »
  Print  

Jump to: