Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:14:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Selling 4 mining rigs for BTC, will sell whole or in parts  (Read 4450 times)
einsteinx2 (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 06:11:01 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2011, 11:14:09 PM by einsteinx2

I live in Orlando, FL, and I have 4 rigs I'm currently looking to sell for BTC. I am willing to ship internationally, or we can even do local pickup if you're in the Orlando area.

All of the parts are less than a week old, with the exception of the 5870's which I bought used on eBay.

All 4 rigs have AMD Sempron 140's with 1GB of ram and an ASRock motherboard with 2 PCI slots. Three of them have dual overclocked 6950's pushing 350 mhash/sec each (700 total per rig) except one 6950 that is only stable at 850MHz so it pushes 335. Those three have a 750 w power supply. Then I have a fourth that has two 5870s and an 850w power supply. The 5870 rig isn't even fully built yet so I don't have numbers for mhashes yet (the mobo for that comes in tomorrow). All four are caseless.

The rigs are already set up with a customized Ubuntu install for headless mining. Just pop them on your network, connect with SSH, and kick off the miners.

I'm also willing to sell separate parts. I'd prefer to sell for BTC, but I'm willing to entertain offers in USD as well.

Also, if you're looking to use one for a gaming PC as well as a miner, the boards allow for a quad core AMD processor to be dropped in and the ram can easily be upgraded. I customized them with mining in mind (hence the single core Semprons), but to also be easily upgradable (thank you AM3 slot Wink).

I know I'm pretty new on this board, but I'm willing to do whatever is necessary to prove my legitimacy. I have an ebay account with 39 positive feedback and no negatives. I can take pictures with the parts and my username, and I'm willing to give you my personal phone number and address. I'm a professional software developer with my own business (I can show you the sunbiz.org records and I can show you the app I have in the app store that's sold under my name and can prove I own the website for it), so I'm not just some random username on a forum.

Please post here or send me a PM if you're interested and we can try to work out a price.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Reikoku

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

firstbits: 1kwc1p

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 03:23:08 PM

Posting pics would give you some more legitimacy I expect. Good luck selling anyway. ^^

Rei | 1Kwc1pqv54jCg8jvnm3Gu1dqFQYhS34Bow
Trades So Far: 7
detroit

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 03:42:36 PM

What brand(s) on the 5870s?

Tradehill.com referral code: TH-R1494
Please consider using it if I've said something useful!
einsteinx2 (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 07:17:58 PM

I'll post some pics up today, didn't have my camera handy last night.

The 5870s are Saffire Vapor-X factory OCed cards. Supposedly the best stock heatsink/fans on the market from what I read when I bought them.
einsteinx2 (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 11:16:33 PM

I'm actually going to hold off on this for a little bit. I've been running the numbers, and since I still have 3 weeks to just return the parts to NewEgg, it doesn't make sense to sell them right now. When you include shipping costs, I'd need to charge close to new just to match the amount NewEgg will give me back. I very well might be posting back here in a month or two with parts though depending on how everything goes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: