Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:50:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Did you lose BTC somehow? forgot passord, computer crash ...  (Read 1465 times)
Sniper150

Activity: 357
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 08:58:59 AM

Did you lose BTC somehow? forgot passord, computer crash ...

I didn't yet experience losing of bitcoin, forgot password or computer crash you know why? Because, every time that I've to create an account, I am saving all my account and password on my computer in case of forgetting my password, I was just looking on my computer to check it out. Password and account are important especially in MEW you need to keep your private key hidden to secure your wallet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jc89

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:48:13 AM

Luckily, I haven' had this kind of situation and my coins ate intact. Loosing them is very unfortunate and I hope nobody else experience it. I've been keeping my password and private key in my notebook and I believe no one will ever find out about it except me. So I am confident that my coins are safe. I just hope that I won't be a victim of hacking like those I've read using the same wallet as me where they just clicked on a certain link then all of a sudden their btc were gone. That's why I always keep in mind to never click any link especially those that used url shortener.

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:55:44 AM

I have never really been in this position out of carelessness of loosing my password, seed and so on... The only way I know I have ever lost BTC was when I tried to give gambling a little try and as much as I do not want to regret it, it was quite painful back then and that was just about 0.01BTC, so nothing much than what one cannot afford. Except for that, I have been careful with my assets.
Bagrras

Activity: 57
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 11:01:19 AM

Thanks God I have never lose it
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 11:04:07 AM

Yup... certainly. I lost Bitcoin in many ways. Hacked, scammed - you name it. A year does not go by where I lose BTC in some way. It is sad, really that crypto has come to this. We cannot trust anyone... even trustworthy people, or accounts which may seem trustworthy are actually scammers. If you don't believe me, try trading on LocalBitcoins. You will soon figure out that even "trusted" members cannot be...

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
yndye

Activity: 616
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 11:12:58 AM

Yup... certainly. I lost Bitcoin in many ways. Hacked, scammed - you name it. A year does not go by where I lose BTC in some way. It is sad, really that crypto has come to this. We cannot trust anyone... even trustworthy people, or accounts which may seem trustworthy are actually scammers. If you don't believe me, try trading on LocalBitcoins. You will soon figure out that even "trusted" members cannot be...

I lost bitcoin because I was scammed. I am just a newbie and I purchased more than one bitcoin to deposit in an HYIP site. This was last year when the price was around $400-500. I am confident that I will be able to get back my coins since there are so many testimonials that they are paying and I received it every day for a time directly to my wallet but then after a while, the site went offline and I was never able to recover around half of what I invested. It was a great lesson for me never to invest in an HYIP site again. Regarding losing password or computer crash, no I did not lose BTC because of that because I always write my password and private key when creating a wallet.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████████▄
██████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀  █████████████
███████████▄▄█▀  ▄███▀   █████████
█████████████  ▄███▀      ██████████
▄████████████████▀        ███████████▄
██████████████▀          ▄████████████
███████████▀             █████████████
████████▀               ██████████████
████████▄              ███  ██████████
▀██████████████        ██  █▀ ███████▀
███████████████      ██▀ ▄█ ▄███████
██████████████     ███  █  ███████
██████████████   ▄██  █▀ ███████
▀████████████▄ ▄█████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████████████████▄
████████      ████████
██████████████████████
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██████████▀▀██████████
████████▀    ▀████████
████████▄    ▄████████
▀█████████▄▄█████████▀
  Download on the
App Store

GET IT ON
Google Play
  ●  FACEBOOK
●  TWITTER
●  TELEGRAM
nightways

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 03:22:40 PM

Had a 1.85 btc accumulated from the dust spam way back 2015, and have stored them only on a blockchain.info wallet without any clue to spend it or to transfer it somewhere safe. Those dust came from numerous private keys that I just swept and somehow accumulated it to 1.85 btc without me knowing it. I've lost the identifier and the password (most especially the mnemonics to unlock the wallet) that could potentially give me a good $5000 at most since I already found a way to spend those dust outputs.
I don't know who is responsible behind this mishap but sorry to hear about your loss. 5000 dollars is a good amount however, it is not the end of the world. You can earn that much amount again by the same method you used earlier and nest time you must write down the identifier and password somewhere safe so that no such causality occurs again.
stepwilli

Activity: 1042
Merit: 273

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:19:11 AM

Nope. I didn't able to experience such instances and I don't want to because we all know that the bitcoin we earned is the product of our hardworking so we must know atleast ho to protect it by simply guarding it with all of our hearts in order for us to avoid loosing it and we can use it in the future.
For that, only, it is always mentioned for the newcomers and even the legendary users to learn maximum about bitcoins, how to use, how to convert, ifs and buts and all that stuff that can make you some loss. Bitcoins are earned so hard, so huge power of mind and waiting and many others are involved so better is to take care of it.
magicmeyk

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:28:55 AM

i haven't experience that kind of situation yet, you can still retrieve your account if you only forget your password.
suryati

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:30:57 AM

I had lost bitcoin when my important data related to my wallet was lost erased by my boy kid and he was playing computer, and until now my wallet could not be opened, my not-so-big balance about $ 25 finally froze there, and I already willingly accept the loss of the bitcoin.
Karpeles
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:36:05 AM

...or sent to the wrong address and could not recover it?

once I sent some bitcoin to an old address from btc-e, after they changed their wallet and the address wasn't valid anymore, I lost everything
The Alchemlst

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 06:50:06 AM

I had once an electrum wallet installed on my computer. This was 2-3 years ago, when I just started with bitcoin. I was receiving bicoin from faucets and I remember that the mininim that was sent to me was 0.001 bitcoin (1 mBitcoin).  I also rememeber that I had one receiving transaction of 1 mBitcoin into this wallet. I forgot about thiw wallet for about 2 years then opened it. When I opened it there was no bitcoin inside, so I can say I lost 0.001 bitcoin. Now it would have been 3-4 USD, not important. There is also a chance that I never received that transaction from the faucets or that I do not remember.    

It happened to me once I accidentally deleted my file containing infornations about my wallet and i just couldn't remember the key good thing though it doesn't have a lot of coins but lesson learned. I now save backup files encrypted zip folders online in my email just in case something happens again.

Reatim

Activity: 2828
Merit: 357

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:53:50 AM

It really looks like there are possibilities that I can lose my bitcoin if I'm not careful about it. You need to backup your seeds, private keys and be careful for phishing. Glad that I still don't have any bitcoin yet, but I will took every reminder here so that I will get less chances of losing my bitcoin. And thanks to everyone for sharing their stories here.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
giarised

Activity: 357

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:13:45 PM

Had a 1.85 btc accumulated from the dust spam way back 2015, and have stored them only on a blockchain.info wallet without any clue to spend it or to transfer it somewhere safe. Those dust came from numerous private keys that I just swept and somehow accumulated it to 1.85 btc without me knowing it. I've lost the identifier and the password (most especially the mnemonics to unlock the wallet) that could potentially give me a good $5000 at most since I already found a way to spend those dust outputs.
I don't know who is responsible behind this mishap but sorry to hear about your loss. 5000 dollars is a good amount however, it is not the end of the world. You can earn that much amount again by the same method you used earlier and nest time you must write down the identifier and password somewhere safe so that no such causality occurs again.
There is no such condition before this and this was exceptional case my advice is to contact the security department and register your complain there, a lot of money is lost by you and they should negotiate your loss, and use some credible wallets to keep you coins safe and sound so that they can’t be taken away by anyone else.
cynical

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:25:36 PM

I'm new to bitcoin and I don't have much bitcoin yet but this is daunting, to possibly loose bitcoin somehow. I suppose once you have the passwords and keys to wallets a hardware or computer crash is not the end

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
fredemar12

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 09:17:27 AM

This has not happened to me, but I do not deny that this is impossible. Failures happen in any technique and in any mechanism or system. But if everything is done accurately and competently, then you will not lose bitcoins.
Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 09:28:41 AM

I'm new to bitcoin and I don't have much bitcoin yet but this is daunting, to possibly loose bitcoin somehow. I suppose once you have the passwords and keys to wallets a hardware or computer crash is not the end

However, please read the security measures to have the bitcoin in your wallet. if you do't any coins now also it will be help you for future. Most of the wallet gives you wallet seed initially you can able to save when creating your wallet.
Other than that you can save your private key and wallet.dat file to keep secured you wallet account.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 01:32:44 PM

I already lose a lot of bitcoins in my newbie days because i don't have an idea on how these things work and what are the things that i need to do and don't so i am just a wild newbie who wants to try anything that most of the people say so i lose my bitcoins in investment because of the hyips that offers big returns in a short time but now i am smarter enough to not do it again.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: