Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:19:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] PROEMTHEUS: ◄► First Decentralized Email System ◄►  (Read 10287 times)
proemtheus

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 12:57:42 AM

From what I have looked around Proemtheus is the first team to propose an independent email.
For our team to have an independent email means:
- decentralized accounts
- keep all user data private
It also means that even if Proemtheus will cease to exist you can use our software to have an active email account.

Proemtheus will not be a platform in the way you are calling it, meaning it will NOT be a closed system, but rather a different email that works seamlessly with the current email but in the meantime offer unique features.

In the case of email the existing system simply cannot be changed/improved because this will mean to cut off all free service offering companies from the pool of user data you know as profile. From exploiting this resource they make profits.

Hope I have address all your comments

Seems great, looking forward to more info!

Thank you. I guess we can count on you as a contributor  Smiley
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arteis406

Activity: 474
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 02:16:09 AM

pre-sale is ended? crowdsale is start and still running? I want join crowdsale sir
give me detile info, I don't see detile
thank you

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄     
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Erowind

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 03:14:37 AM

Holy hell in a handbasket bro, this is something crypto based that I would use on a daily bases! Too busy to read whitepapers and whatnot at the moment, can someone fill me in on when the devs will have a working email client up? I will switch off of Protonmail super quick if this tech is reliable and secure.

Can't snort crack through a rolled up bitcoin Wink
sebr1ng

Activity: 260

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 06:13:01 AM

From what I have looked around Proemtheus is the first team to propose an independent email.
- decentralized accounts
It also means that even if Proemtheus will cease to exist you can use our software to have an active email account.

Proemtheus will not be a platform in the way you are calling it, meaning it will NOT be a closed system, but rather a different email that works seamlessly with the current email but in the meantime offer unique features.

In the case of email the existing system simply cannot be changed/improved because this will mean to cut off all free service offering companies from the pool of user data you know as profile. From exploiting this resource they make profits.

Seems great, looking forward to more info!

Thank you. I guess we can count on you as a contributor  Smiley

Sure, as soon as we get something to test - I'm looking for something like this for a long time!
mdodong

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 06:39:16 AM

This is an exciting project dev. If this rolls out I'll be willing to use this everyday and not rely on those free emails from big companies who used your information for ads and subscription. And having an option to have your PC serve as an independent email provider and earn along the way is a plus. I can see great future for this project.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
namorthesu

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 09:42:21 PM

It's really important in our days to have full control over our emails, that's why I think that this project is a very good idea
proemtheus

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 10:34:07 PM

pre-sale is ended? crowdsale is start and still running? I want join crowdsale sir
thank you

Thank you for your interest.
You can join the presale following this link: https://www.proemthe.us/join.html
asdalani

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 10:38:11 PM

thank you

What is the reason for another member posting this announcement thread for you? Is it because you couldn’t post images at that time or is it more to it than that reason?
This does seem like something that I would be interested in investing in considering that the Presale could be completed soon depending on how many people are interested in this coin and since you had a reputable member post the information for you it shouldn’t be a problem to gather those funds.

As for the presale statistics, is it possible to give us the wallet addresses of both Ethereum and Bitcoin so we could view the progress? Thanks.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
proemtheus

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 10:48:59 PM

- decentralized accounts

Hello.

Thanks for your answer you addressed almost all the comments.
That is nice to hear you plan to implement an open system.

My question was related about reuse of existing codebase of other projects or other similar project or collaboration
with developers that aim to decentralize services.

I have seen your latest post in the thread and it speak about "Mailinabox".
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2098671.msg21550317#msg21550317
I have never heard of it until now. Smiley

The question is could you reuse this code and build on top of that your email client or collaborate with the developer of that system
or you plan to build  the client from zero?

Also when it comes to email storage how your email clients will store the data ?
Can it use existing decentralized platforms / projects like Sia, Stor-J , datacoin, Burst to store data
or maybe integrate one of those existing applications:
https://prism-break.org/en/all/#file-storage-sync

specifically this one: https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs

or you have to build this also from 0 as well?

If so what would be the reasons to build the system from 0 and not reuse the existing code?!

Short answer: in regards to the email, client and server, we plan to build all software from zero.
Because most of the time writing fresh code is easyer than debugging / modifying / adapting ;-)
And also it's better to have alternatives.
Our email software will advise you to store data on the your devices. Preferably.
But you will be also able to use any storage solution you wish (decentralized or not).

Regarding the distributed storage we believe in a slightly different approach.
Proemtheus will create a network from the user personal devices in order to backup or retrieve to and from any of them. This means storage space available on all user devices will be unified.
There will be the option for public sharing / renting of space, but based on a score system maintained by reviewers.

The main problem with decentralized cloud (using storage rented from other users) is that a user renting space has its same information stored on more than one location, in case the storage-user is not online.
For example user information is stored on 10 other devices. But if no. 7 is not online you cannot retrieve that piece and therefor use your whole data set. So the system needs to multiply no. 7, and in fact all the other devices, by a factor depending on the storage-user online availability. The user depends on the slowest moving piece of his data. This multiplying of data translates in huge redundancy aka waste of space and bandwidth.

So we think it's best to build the storage also from zero as you can see we think a bit differently.
Thank you
proemtheus

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 10:52:46 PM

It's really important in our days to have full control over our emails, that's why I think that this project is a very good idea

Will help us a lot to have your support.
Today it's almost impossible to build a software product just in your free time since you have to battle with the internet giants.
Every piece of support counts.
proemtheus

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 10:58:01 PM

thank you

What is the reason for another member posting this announcement thread for you? Is it because you couldn’t post images at that time or is it more to it than that reason?
This does seem like something that I would be interested in investing in considering that the Presale could be completed soon depending on how many people are interested in this coin and since you had a reputable member post the information for you it shouldn’t be a problem to gather those funds.

As for the presale statistics, is it possible to give us the wallet addresses of both Ethereum and Bitcoin so we could view the progress? Thanks.

As you correctly guessed Sylon started the thread for this project simply because we could not post images.
Our problem is that we do not have enough funds for a full size media campaign and thus the presale is going slow.
Both addresses of the wallets are available on our website in the JOIN section.
asdalani

Activity: 882

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 11:04:07 PM

thank you

As you correctly guessed Sylon started the thread for this project simply because we could not post images.
Our problem is that we do not have enough funds for a full size media campaign and thus the presale is going slow.
Oh I see it now (I had to click the Ethereum and the Bitcoin logo in order to see the wallet addresses), thanks. It seems like you guys are heading for a nice start considering that you guys collected over 4 thousand dollars in Ethereum (15.52395321 Ether) already. People seem to be holding onto their Bitcoin so it makes some sense why there isn’t any deposits through that currency.
Is there anything that you will release during the presale? Like a demo of something that you are working on or are you guys waiting till the ico ends so you can post something later?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
proemtheus

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 09:45:00 PM

thank you

Oh I see it now (I had to click the Ethereum and the Bitcoin logo in order to see the wallet addresses), thanks. It seems like you guys are heading for a nice start considering that you guys collected over 4 thousand dollars in Ethereum (15.52395321 Ether) already. People seem to be holding onto their Bitcoin so it makes some sense why there isn’t any deposits through that currency.
Is there anything that you will release during the presale? Like a demo of something that you are working on or are you guys waiting till the ico ends so you can post something later?

We know the presale is low but are not discouraged.
From the past ICO's, we've seen the majority of the heavy funded projects showed just a concept and a website so we figured out to actually show something to the public.
We are working on, and plan to present the UI before ico, or the latest during ico. The reason is that for the average user this is the relationship it will have with the software.
And we plan to have a new and amazing approach.
sebr1ng

Activity: 260

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 06:55:32 AM

Cool, really looking forward to testing your product!
agng27

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 11:20:38 AM

this may be the first e-mail decentralization project ,, I think it's great for email security
proemtheus

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 08:46:19 PM

this may be the first e-mail decentralization project ,, I think it's great for email security

Proemtheus will cover email security, privacy and further more users will earn money from their online history/profile
Soon to release new details on our website
Blazin8888

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 01:53:35 PM

We have decided to extend the presale until 20.09
The simple truth is that no sufficient funds have been raised because we burned the become popular enough stage.

Right now, our efforts are concentrated on:
- overhauling our design to display more comprehensive and clear information
- put emphasis on some details previously left in the background
- soon we expect to start a good marketing campaign
- also we expanded the team with developers and advisors

We believe this is a solid project and we prefer to pause/delay, optimize and then move forward rather than go on a wrong path and mess things up.

Bear with us please, it's our first ICO  Wink

I'm glad that the team considers it essential that community's members will be aware of the future plans, but it sounds rather obscurely, whithout concrete things. For example, how do you plan to improve marketing campaign?
namorthesu

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 10:47:41 PM

thank you

We know the presale is low but are not discouraged.
From the past ICO's, we've seen the majority of the heavy funded projects showed just a concept and a website so we figured out to actually show something to the public.
We are working on, and plan to present the UI before ico, or the latest during ico. The reason is that for the average user this is the relationship it will have with the software.
And we plan to have a new and amazing approach.

If you really present some results and elaborations before the ICO starts, I think, the investing interest to your project will grow immediately.
Retired

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2017, 11:07:31 PM

What measures are you planning to take against data mining (of the mailboxes' addresses) and spam?
proemtheus

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2017, 09:00:23 PM

What measures are you planning to take against data mining (of the mailboxes' addresses) and spam?

Data mining will not exist in a decentralized email system. Both account and server reside only on the user devices. Proemtheus will not be the holder of the email account nor have a backdoor.
Accounts exist INDEPENDENT.
As we mentioned in a previous post we intend to construct Proemtheus in such a way that the accounts function with or without our company.

In regards to spam well nobody has eliminated spam completely: filtration, filtration and filtration.
For the first 2-3 years we plan to rely on common techniques currently in place. Your account will be as spam free as any other account.
We have also in plan some new filtering options and inter-user collaboration for reporting spam.
Equally important will be the users from the community, developers - auditors - reviewers etc, that will be token rewarded for reporting.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: