Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:51:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what do you do when your idea is taken ?  (Read 6562 times)
JihanAs

Activity: 70
Merit: 5

PITCH – THE FUTURE OF OPPORTUNITY

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:56:20 AM

If you think someone has stolen your idea, the first thing to do is…nothing. Emotions can run high when it comes to attribution, so don’t let your anger get away with you (or stymie a chance for real resolution).
The best thing you can do is take a pause and give your emotions and your mind a bit of time to cool off before acting. Make room for mindfulness in your daily routine so that stressful moments like this will find you ready to respond peacefully

PITCH  »  THE FUTURE OF OPPORTUNITY   
THE ONLY PLACE WHERE STARTUPS PITCH INVESTOR LIVE
tokens.pitch.ventures

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hamphser

Activity: 2464
Merit: 325

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:52:59 PM

You actually started first but someone else does it first. do you still launch as competition or quit give up and go back in the closet ?
Go ahead with some innovation. That is bad condition, we should be better from the first one. People will choose the first one rather than the next. World is full of competition, don't give up, anything will not end if we don't give up.

Exchangers is one of the most used ideas/project out there but the battle between them is been set to their performance that's why we can see that some of them rise and some of them get down since the uniqueness is one of the best key for success, and we should think that competition is just there and we need to work hard to gain success.

And Business tracks will be Boring if no competitors would bring up some competition since it can make us learn to improve and create new ideas.  Grin
As a business minded person you will eventually think off these things which will really strive you to make good ideas which arent present on current business on where you would compete of and its really much better but everyone would really think that it much better to have no competition at all so that they would able to solo the market when it comes to profits which is good but sooner or later there would really businesses which would really try to compete and the cycle on competing on each other will long last.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Forbiddenone

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:41:10 AM

we always think that our idea is unique but actually it is not, someone had or is doing the project on same idea.getting a new idea is very difficult and protecting and make it successful is more difficult.and even if my idea is taken then also continue working towards it and do better then other similar project.
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:54:42 PM

Like they saying goes, "there is nothing new under the sun". So the idea you have, someone already has it, or someone is already working on it somewhere. But, never give up and go back in the closet. The truth is that an idea can be broad, so it depends on how you approach it. Like another saying goes "There are different ways to kill a cat". I think you should keep working on the idea and use a unique way of doing the same thing. For example you can choose a niche market to serve rather than the entire broad market which you may have initially thought about. The more research you do about the niche market, you would realize that their needs would be different, and there are certain steps or processes which only work for them. With that you will come up with an innovative or new approach to deal with that. So, same broad idea, but narrowed down bespoke solution, and you can become the master of that. The truth is that innovation doesn't necessary mean a totally new idea out of the blue, it most often means finding newer improved ways to do the same old things. Stick to your idea, especially if you are really passionate about it, research it deeply and you would uncover something the rest haven't. 
jean-lux

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:12:46 PM

Having a competitor is actually an indication that your idea is good! Think of it as challenge and have fun doing it.
MoneyMotivatesMe

Activity: 96

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 02:41:16 AM

They might have the same idea but I know that there are still some differences on the context. If your idea is much better then execute it asap.
bratko99

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:07:53 AM

If you are really passionate about your idea, than do it.
Screw the competition. If you want it more and work harder on it, they'll be scared  Wink

Kean1998

Activity: 60
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:37:05 PM

If your idea is taken by others you should inhance it or upgrade it or else create/think a new one their are different context of the idea that you have. Uniqueness is the way to success.

▬██▬▬▬  HORIZON  ▬▬▬██▬
FIRST TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMPANY IN THE WORLD EMPOWERED BY THE ETHEREUM BLOCKCHAIN
▬  HORIZONCOMM.CO  ▬
quirijn de greef

Activity: 20

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:36:09 PM

I think if your idea has a good foundation, you will just have to continue. and ensure that your idea gets a better result that you compete
gogrowglow

Activity: 308
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 07:17:27 AM

I would felt bad if this case happened to me but then I will just have to move on and be very careful to safeguard the confidentiallity of my idea before revailing it to the public.  Learn a lesson from it, and use it in future ideas.
samp123

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 08:35:27 AM

You actually started first but someone else does it first. do you still launch as competition or quit give up and go back in the closet ?

Don't give it up right away!

How big is the market? Is the competition well funded? Do you have a sense of how many customers/users they have?

So long as you can compete in customer acquisition and the market is big enough, there's no reason to quit just yet. It takes years for companies to reach critical mass and there's usually room for more than one player. Try and think a little bit about how to differentiate yourself.

Good luck!
Beyond Seen Screen

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:54:18 AM

The idea is worth nothing without execution. If you are really passionate about the idea, you can overperform competition.

Also, if we are talking about blockchain project, you should see what your competition is doing and improve it in some context. If both of you have the same idea, it's not realistic that execution will be the same. It will be so much different and do your best to execute it better.
neliawesome

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:29:51 AM

Well if your idea is taken you should move on and create or build another much better idea and make sure that it is already secured or safe so that it will never stolen again by other people.Learn to secure all your projects before presenting it to anyone.
alroys

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:00:21 AM

before we make the project, and we have a good idea for a project. let us not tell anyone about our idea. we have to keep it a secret, and secure it. if that's the case, let's just leave it and we'll come up with a new idea.
Caelanpelley

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:06:03 AM

You have a good idea but your idea has been taken by others. If you have registered for copyright, you have the right to sue and to make compensation. Or you can sell your copy to others. You do not have to do better than what others do. Products must be more reputable and quality than your competitors.
Dataeum

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 11:07:22 AM

I actually think you have nothing to worry about - unless your idea had no legal protection and they have fully copied. Even in this case you don't have to give up - you can always differentiate your service offering in terms of marketing. You just need to obtain a wide media coverage - both press and social media and also change your positioning so that the projects are not perceived like twins by your target audience.
Hope you'll find the best solution!
Beparanf

Activity: 2744
Merit: 754

Burpaaa

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 11:19:23 AM

I actually think you have nothing to worry about - unless your idea had no legal protection and they have fully copied. Even in this case you don't have to give up - you can always differentiate your service offering in terms of marketing. You just need to obtain a wide media coverage - both press and social media and also change your positioning so that the projects are not perceived like twins by your target audience.

I don't think so that his Idea was fully copied since he stated that his project is not yet started so no one can ever touch his whitepaper except him. I believe that his idea is too common that's why it was taken too by others.

My suggestion to OP is if the market of your idea is still in demand then proceed as competitor but if it's too saturated just like e-commerce, loan and etc then back out and  take another course. There is so many ideas that still not discovered that fitted on blockchain.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
arwin100

Activity: 2716
Merit: 805

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 01:46:22 PM

I don't think so that his Idea was fully copied since he stated that his project is not yet started so no one can ever touch his whitepaper except him. I believe that his idea is too common that's why it was taken too by others.

My suggestion to OP is if the market of your idea is still in demand then proceed as competitor but if it's too saturated just like e-commerce, loan and etc then back out and  take another course. There is so many ideas that still not discovered that fitted on blockchain.

There are identical project has been running right now so I don't think there's something wrong to pursue that idea, But we make sure that we can implement it so that the people will see and choose to use the service we provide. And if there's someone will exist who's the same with us? well let people go decide on which service provider are good and which is not.

Marcel555

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 10:24:29 PM

Firstly, it us 'an' idea. The fact you thought about it doesn't mean someone else can't. Great minds they say, think alike.

Theres more to an idea: Process, plan e.t.c.
You have to put it all together, in order to create something. If someone dude it first cause maybe you face too much away. Fair play!
cryptoZcoin

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:46:42 AM

If you give up because someone stole your idea then you really didn't have any business pursuing it in the first place. You would inevitably face an obstacle and give up on it. In order to successfully implement your idea you need a passion for it and do whatever it takes to get it up and running. This is the mentality you need. Think of any product or service, then see how many competitors they have. First movers advantage is important, but if its only an idea you do not actually claim it unless its patented. As others have said an idea is a dime a dozen, what matters is the end goal and implementation.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: