Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:51:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what do you do when your idea is taken ?  (Read 6562 times)
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 09:29:49 AM

idea is a small part, idea is important but execution makes the difference
got a good point there mate, idea can be copied but the transition to success are not, its really hard for someone to continue converting an
idea into a success lots of effort and determination are needed to complete things that we want to achieved.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BenOnceAgain

Activity: 208
Merit: 84

🌐 www.btric.org 🌐

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 09:53:08 AM

2. Create the project for the original idea anyways. You see, it's not about the number of times your idea is been executed, but who has the gut and drive to stick with it to make it succeed. Because someone executed your idea doesn't mean they know or have the drive to make it successful.

This.  If you know in your heart and soul that your idea has great potential, never give up.  Maybe make adjustments to compensate for competition.  In fact, always be agile and willing to make changes to keep up with the pace of progress.  But if you have an idea that is so important to you, make it happen.  Failure is not an option.

Dream it. Plan it. Build it.
Need help with your project? [MY WEBSITE] | [MY COMPANY] | [BLOG] | [TWITTER] | [LINKEDIN] | [EMAIL]
Want to help support the blockchain charity I'm building? [LEARN ABOUT BTRIC] | [DONATE] | [TWITTER] | [EMAIL]
Casatokuser

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 11:48:49 AM

I talked with founders and inventors and none of them ever said
they feared their ideas could be stolen as the ones who would be really interested
in stealing are the ones who just want to make profit out of it but do not want to input
the work needed to generate the profit.
DirtyMartini

Activity: 277
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:09:40 PM

As others have already said, the success of an idea is in the execution. Other things like available resources, budget etc also come into play.

When I was young and naive I had an idea stolen by someone who had a lot more funds and connections than I did at the time - there was nothing I could do about it as I simply didn't have the resources to win the battle. Lesson learnt.

Whenever sharing ideas with other parties, always have a non-disclosure agreement in place. Otherwise, only ever give an outline and don't give away the fine details.
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 02:59:03 AM

Well the thing is things like this are preety common instead of sulking about it go ahead and do what you planned to do at first because no matter who stole it how they stole it at the end of the day you thought about it thus you will be able to produce something even better or more accountable yes... People might say that you stole their idea etc..but... You should know one thing... The only person that should matter or that might make you feel bad should be... You yourself!
best of luck🙌

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
jonnytracker (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 261

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 08:52:30 AM

I dint say stolen ..
Hero_Member

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 09:59:06 AM

If you know your idea very good you will do it anyway, without asking advices.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 10:21:49 AM

Why you have to backout if your idea is much better than the other one? Try to distinguish if your idea was stolen or try to look if the other idea is much better to you. But if you can see that you have the advantage with that idea and you want to pursue it because you believe with your idea and it's going to be a very successful one.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
bitblackred

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 12:21:17 PM

That I need it is good pr and the best quality
YohoCube

Activity: 53

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 10:07:34 PM

Back in the days when there was no Internet, many inventions were fulfilled simultaneously. Some succeded, some were a failure from the start, some died in competition. Telephone, light bulbs... Now many intentions are announced before realization, consequently - some give up before trying, although they cold be much better at designing and project development than some blatant salesman with big marketing budget.
fishbonez11

Activity: 322
Merit: 116

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 04:41:21 AM

When someone else gets my idea, I'll totally get discouraged! For a while, I would probably hold grudges towards the person and be grumpy. But the competitive part of me would then arise. I'll feel proud that someone else took interest with my idea. Since the idea he worked upon on is not his original, then there would surely be a subjective difference, and not everything he has done is according to the exact plan you had in your mind. Go work on you idea and do it better than what the idea-taker did.
finthebar

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 10:15:47 AM

You actually started first but someone else does it first. do you still launch as competition or quit give up and go back in the closet ?
While there is value in many original ideas I think often times people get hung up on the idea itself and worry too much about "protecting" thier idea, as opposed to implementing it. In most fields there is room for many people doing the same thing, Google was not the first search engine, Facebook was not the first social network etc.

Go implement your idea and pay less attention to what someone else is doing - if you believe your idea is workable of course.
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 10:27:54 AM

You actually started first but someone else does it first. do you still launch as competition or quit give up and go back in the closet ?

There is no business out their without competition, so keep that in mind. Ebay has Amazon, PayPal has bitcoin etc. Every business has one, you just have to come up with a unique strategy which will benefit your customer. Because once you get the customers on your side, your business will boom. Well that's my opinion.
masterwakokok7

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 12:24:22 PM

This is one of the reason why you shouldn't share much information to others unless they're your partner/s. I did experience this before,  what I did was I reprogram my idea in which I have my own signature touch and did some additional modification just to put an edge into my former group. Luckily I haven't shared them my notes in regards the software in which they only know how to make it but doesn't have any idea on what is the purpose of it. A proper execution and implementation is really the key in a success.

stomachgrowls

Activity: 2842
Merit: 768

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 05:37:55 PM

There is no business out their without competition, so keep that in mind. Ebay has Amazon, PayPal has bitcoin etc. Every business has one, you just have to come up with a unique strategy which will benefit your customer. Because once you get the customers on your side, your business will boom. Well that's my opinion.
Competition would really be always there and the thing you said was right once you got customers on your side then it would really be an advantage for you but as being said here if the idea was stolen then it would be a disaster thing specially when you saw that hes getting lots users or customers it would really be an insult into your part.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
MisterKT

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:41:26 PM

Improve your idea, make it better or add specific functionalities to target specific segment.
For instance, Iphone was copied couple of times by other Chinese competitors such as OPPO, VIVO or Honor. Although they propose similar model, they still manage to be very profitable by selling the Iphone alike model.
cragany

Activity: 38

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 06:54:24 PM

▬▬  Goal Bonanza ◆ Football Betting Revolution  ▬▬
█ █   [Whitepaper] [Telegram] [Slack] [ANN Thread] █ █
▬▬▬▬▬   preICO ▶ Oct 1, 2017   ▬▬▬▬▬
chineseprancing

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:13:26 PM

Improve your idea, make it better or add specific functionalities to target specific segment.
For instance, Iphone was copied couple of times by other Chinese competitors such as OPPO, VIVO or Honor. Although they propose similar model, they still manage to be very profitable by selling the Iphone alike model.
That is a good idea hence improving idea is always receive negative feedback regarding copy writing nor there were tendency that they accused you of piracy. Maybe you should create a new idea and don't discuss to everyone it, to lessen the risk of stealing idea.
OpenPub

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:36:34 PM

When your idea is taken and you think it really worth it, you continue to improve it to make a better offer Smiley It is okay to have competition and it is also okay to not be the first proposition. What counts, in the end, is how serious you are and the quality of the product you are able to deliver.
barabut

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 06:09:51 AM

If you can really think that you can change something in there and this change would work and create value then no problem, in summary if you believe that this will work so why not, try it...
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: