Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:54:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would Bitcoin Futures be good or bad for the open Bitcoin market?
Good - 5 (55.6%)
Bad - 3 (33.3%)
I don't know - 1 (11.1%)
Total Voters: 9

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Futures- The Bank Attack on the Crypto-Market  (Read 624 times)
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:48:31 PM

I don't realy think that it will have a strong influence on bitcoin. I see to musch risk in BTC futures trading and I don't belive that it will be popular. I can hardly see traditional investors buying this type of futures just because BTC is too unpredictable for them. In general the bitcoin futures look more like a new type of gambling rather than an investment and I wouldn't expect any large flow of capital.
Any investment is a sort of gambling to begin with,you really never know what the future holds,i am really interested to see the options of having a futures market in bitcoin,but i have not thought about the way it is mentioned in the article,i do expect big institutionalized manipulation in the price of bitcoin when the future market starts and how to evaluate those situations is to be seen.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTRIC
Copper Member

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

BTRIC: Innovate. Institute. Labs.

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 02:15:27 AM

Don't Buy Bitcoin Now - At USD6000:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2349008.0

Establisment of any future markets always benefit certain players, usually the super rich. It is not a true futures market as long as there is no physical  settlement, but only designed for the speculators. Now the super rich could manipulate bitcoin prices for their profits. See the last post (above thread) on how a simple :"Buy fast Sell slow" strategy can make the super rich huge profits. This CME futures contract would be a great help to the top 1% in fooling the average bitcoin speculator/investor.

[edit]
Another note, the daily settlement price is determined by the CME. How? How if the market moves USD1000 a day.

They have a whitepaper on their website that explains how they reach their daily reference rate.  I've been looking if they have a free source of the historical reference rate but I think you have to subscribe to their market data feeds to get at it.  Ugh.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: