Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:55:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BCC more profitable to mine  (Read 2032 times)
Zaizoun (OP)

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:17:13 PM

It is currently 2% more profitable to mine on the Bitcoin Cash blockchain.

https://cash.coin.dance/blocks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:28:14 PM

And I am hoping that there would be more miners who will shift their focus on BitCoinCash (BCH). BCH will have a place in the sea of so many alternative coins. In fact, its value is right now going up. I am sure there are many people who are happy to know of this latest development. I am not a miner though and I am not planning to be one since it can be expensive to invest in mining equipment.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:39:31 PM

that is only because of the recent pump that whales did in the past 30 hours (about 82% pumped) combined with the fact that they manually changed the difficulty and reduced it a lot.

but you still need a large investment in ASICs for mining, a cheap electricity, a place to run a mining farm or at least a couple of these to produce enough hashrate and the willingness to take the risk of doing it because you can not spend a coinbase transaction (the mining reward) right away. it needs to mature and price of BCC is very unstable.

There is a FOMO brewing...
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 03:59:25 PM

Maybe for now while the difficulty is low but would it still remain more profitable when difficulty starts climbing up. Since you are investing on hardware, would it still be more profitable, long term, if you mine bitcoin?
skyline247

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 04:20:31 PM

Doesn't this percentage change on a daily basis? The prices of each go up and down by 5% every day... it isn't fair to say BCC is always 2% more profitable to mine than Bitcoin.
Funeral Wreaths

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 04:40:04 PM

And I am hoping that there would be more miners who will shift their focus on BitCoinCash (BCH). BCH will have a place in the sea of so many alternative coins. In fact, its value is right now going up. I am sure there are many people who are happy to know of this latest development. I am not a miner though and I am not planning to be one since it can be expensive to invest in mining equipment.
hoping it would happen... i just even knew recently that bitcoin cash already has its own mining, well since before I really wanted to try mining but i guess it would be too rough for me, considering the expenses for equipments and organize how to maintain my mining. it would also be great if you are an early adopter in mining bitcoin cash, those chances and possibilities on the price to become higher is really desired. but still it depends, there are also daily changes to ones market.
ardentvolcanoes

Activity: 1036
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 04:46:24 PM

Maybe for now while the difficulty is low but would it still remain more profitable when difficulty starts climbing up. Since you are investing on hardware, would it still be more profitable, long term, if you mine bitcoin?
good question mate and its really a gamble to change and divert our rig to mine this project better to seek more information before switching
I guess the previous pumped drives miner to try to switch over but if the value dumped again most of those miners will go back as well.
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 04:57:41 PM

Strange thing.
The blocksize is very often under 100kb.
To me that shows that not very much transactions are made. And the transaction fee is way lower than on the bitcoin network.
So the only thing that would make mining worth is the bounty for finding a block, or am i missing something here?

It's me!!!
iluvpie60

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 05:25:46 PM

that is only because of the recent pump that whales did in the past 30 hours (about 82% pumped) combined with the fact that they manually changed the difficulty and reduced it a lot.

but you still need a large investment in ASICs for mining, a cheap electricity, a place to run a mining farm or at least a couple of these to produce enough hashrate and the willingness to take the risk of doing it because you can not spend a coinbase transaction (the mining reward) right away. it needs to mature and price of BCC is very unstable.

Difficulty is going down by another projected 50% to 60% on Sunday.

If the current price of BTC/BCH stays the same as it is right now, BCH will be about 30% more profitable to mine.

Miners want profit. It is an alarming thing to see h appening. It looks like the bitcoin community is going to have to continue arguing their side of which coin is better, the split has still not been healed from what I see and read here.
Gaaara

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 05:36:55 PM

It is not a bad thing for bitcoin though, they taugh that the split will bring problem to bitcoin core but in the end bitcoin core is still the number one coin in crypto world. Nevertheless if the price of BCH will be consistent I intend to be mining the profit is way too high for me not to consider and it is unexpected so probably I'll buy mining equipments then try to earn some decent amount.

MOCKTAIL  -  THE  FIRST  SEMI-FUNGIBLE  TOKEN  ON  BSE 
        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER        SMART CONTRACT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN

reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 05:42:07 PM

Why not bitcoin and other altcoins as well. You can mine bitcoins to all profitable altcoins that would be my opinion in this case. Purchase Hash rate according to your need and do mining to see the profit. However thanks for the information and the link.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:25:21 PM

the miners who count probably haven't sold on a exchange in years.

they'll have otc deals with buyers that have been set up for years. do you think those buyers are gonna be impressed when they have a load of bcash dumped on them instead of the bitcoin they were expecting?
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:42:51 PM

Doesn't this percentage change on a daily basis? The prices of each go up and down by 5% every day... it isn't fair to say BCC is always 2% more profitable to mine than Bitcoin.

You're right, but that's not the point here. Before this price increase, rational miners (without deeper motives) wouldn't mine BCH. Now, it might be worth it for some to defect, especially if BCH/BTC continues to rise.

If Jihan Wu really wanted to make a power grab with Roger Ver, the stage would be set. How would it look: BCH holds value when everyone thought it would die (done), then it gains significantly against BTC (in process), then hash power starts defecting to the BCH chain. Remember, Bitmain is rumored to control a majority of hash power!

Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 07:19:29 PM

Difficulty is going down by another projected 50% to 60% on Sunday.

If the current price of BTC/BCH stays the same as it is right now, BCH will be about 30% more profitable to mine.

Miners want profit. It is an alarming thing to see h appening. It looks like the bitcoin community is going to have to continue arguing their side of which coin is better, the split has still not been healed from what I see and read here.

While it may look good short term. Over the long term it could mean bch price will implode as a bubble the way ethereum did from being artificially overvalued and unsustainable by its transaction volume/intrinsic value and other fundamental metrics.

Also if the mining difficulty arbitrarily changes & developers make up whatever rules they want to, when they want to, that could be viewed as an unreliable and immature way to approach finance, which could cause many investors to lose faith in bch as a whole.
freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 08:03:50 PM

Whatever that could fly your coin mate, why not lets do cloud mining some BCC or BCH, you haven't yet decided what to call your fork coin and now

Promoting it like hell. if there is any cloud mining plans you are offering and is available right now with guaranteed profitability, then count me in but

If you suddenly decide to go crazy shit on me after a few weeks with the excuses of difficulty increasing I'd like to have a refund then, that's the way

I like to ride BCH and it's supporters.
Bingooop

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 08:07:13 PM

Mining is good but is very dangerous because it cannot insure the best currency in the world and also the world together with sitting in the Future to the lowclass also it is the best option for you to
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 08:19:21 PM

The volatility in price is a given. Even the price of BTC has fluctuated a lot, so I wouldn't put that down as a disadvantage for BCH.
Even if they can't spend the mining reward right away, they will just have to wait around for the right moment.

aakashsangwan

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 09:07:33 PM

I also just came to know about the mining profitability of bitcoin cash through an article stating the same and also I think bitcoin cash is going to become the next big thing after ethereum price pump in the upcoming months.

Here is the news article https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-price-dips-4273-bitcoin-cash-becomes-profitable-mine/

WatchMaker

Activity: 518
Merit: 104

PUFFY FINANCE

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 10:44:36 PM

Sorry, do you know how to mine BCC? May I mine BCC with my PC?

Thank you, sir.

Swap & Trade Tokens, Enjoy Great Yield & APYs
▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬  PUFFY FINANCE  ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬
▬▬▬JOIN PRIVATE SALE▬▬▬ >>Early Opportunity<<▬▬▬
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 10:54:06 PM

Sorry, do you know how to mine BCC? May I mine BCC with my PC?

Thank you, sir.

nope. you'd still need a dedicated mining machine. the difficulty would have to drop super radically for that to be possible, and there are thousands of old miners and gpus that would pick up the slack before a pc could do it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: