Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:07:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Below Freezing Point Temperature For Miners..What Would Happen?  (Read 65 times)
antened (OP)

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 07:49:51 PM

I am in story as well, testing this winter in Winnipeg Cheesy

I'm only a couple hours away, I'm planning on moving my miners into the basement and running them to my furnace intake. I know they were loving the cold nights the past few weeks. I never did start them in freezing temperatures though.

-30last couple days, works great l3+, d3 is having issues
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinIntern

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:14:03 PM

I'm only a couple hours away, I'm planning on moving my miners into the basement and running them to my furnace intake. I know they were loving the cold nights the past few weeks. I never did start them in freezing temperatures though.

What kind of issues? Does the hash goes lower or the D3 stops completely? Thanks.
antened (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:26:37 PM

What kind of issues? Does the hash goes lower or the D3 stops completely? Thanks.

Lots of hw errors, hashboard would just give me xxxx on chips. Also power supply wasnt doing good as well the one from bitmain. For l3 i was using the evga one . So maybe ps issue . But yeah i need to move in d3 because of cold. But l3 thats beast 😁
BitcoinIntern

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:30:03 PM

Lots of hw errors, hashboard would just give me xxxx on chips. Also power supply wasnt doing good as well the one from bitmain. For l3 i was using the evga one . So maybe ps issue . But yeah i need to move in d3 because of cold. But l3 thats beast 😁

Uh oh...that's not good. Are you going to reduce the exhaust fan speed to maintain temperature? Also, what about the intake? What kind of evga PSU are you using? I have never used those. Thanks.
antened (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 03:04:08 PM

Uh oh...that's not good. Are you going to reduce the exhaust fan speed to maintain temperature? Also, what about the intake? What kind of evga PSU are you using? I have never used those. Thanks.

so miner is in regular cooler with two insulated pipes coming out of it , they are like 3 m long and intake pipe is taking little bit of worm air from out one, not much otherwise will be to warm for miner. you need to tweak this. if its taking only cold air i might be to cold for it and it will give you hw errors. the ps is in separate box its heating its self (evga 1300 gold). the regular bitmain ps looks like cant warm itself enough for our winters.... now l3 fan speed is 3000/1200, for d3 they are higher (by software, i dont like to set it for manual just in case if overheats it)
GbrilliantQ

Activity: 189

ƃqɹᴉllᴉɐuʇb

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:46:54 AM

Yeah, this week we were hitting -12f and it would actually start to mess with the D3's. The S9's were fine, but I had to stop my vent fans to warm up the area. They would lose hashboards and show 1/3 of the hashrate until the temp came back up. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: