Bitcoin Forum
July 17, 2019, 11:53:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.18.0 [Torrent] (New!)

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scammed by Bittrex.com  (Read 745 times)
tyyywilldie

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:42:35 AM

What happened::
I sent some bitcoins to this crap site and then verifed my account like they made me do. After I verified my account, I tried to withdrawl. They say the minimum fee to withdraw is .001, half of the coins I deposited. So I tried to withdrawl half of my coins, at that point it said my account balance was too low to withdraw. But I will post images it says in their FAQ that withdraws fee

Scammers Profile Link:

Reference Link:
Amount Scammed:
Payment Method:
Proof of Payment:
PM/Chat Logs:
Additional Notes:
https://image.prntscr.com/image/tAOWBPEYQ4y-P7ap1NNb6g.png

https://image.prntscr.com/image/ncwOnXtXTPKhfpU6s-I_jA.png

So my total balance is 0.00260628. so .25% commission, that's less than 1%. So figuring up .25% as it says in their fees page, should be 0.000065157. So why are they trying to take .0001 from me? Then deny my withdraw because after taking half my bitcoins I no longer have enough to withdraw?

https://image.prntscr.com/image/udMItg7ATxmbbRL4AdHdtg.png

What gives?

***I know I don't have all the info for the scam report I'm still putting it all together but this is the main issues .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DaMut

Activity: 826
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:27:49 AM

First of all they're not scamming you at all,
it was you didn't about their rules and terms,
also have you tried to withdraw it using other coin? for example you can buy dogecoin and then do it,
as far as i know you can minimize your fee by doing that.

indeed,some people have a problem with it,
but this one can not be categorize as one of those a problem it's completely nonsense in my honest opinion,
before doing anything try to do some research.
i believe you can do it using other coins,

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████▀
░░░░░░░▄████░░████████▀
░░▄█████████████████▀
░░░████████████████▀
░░░░██████████████▀
░░░░░██████░░█████▀
░░░░░░██████████▀
░░░░░░░████████▀
░░░░░░░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░░░░░░░█▀

▄████████████▀▀█▄
████▀▀▀▀▀░░░▄ ░██
██▄░░░░░░░▄▀░░███
████▄░░░▄▀░░░████
██████▄█░░░░█████
████████░▄░██████
▀███████████████▀
▄████▀▀▀█▀▀▀████▄
████░▄▀▀▀▀▀▄░████
██▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀██
█▀░░░█▀█░█▀█░░░▀█
█░░░░▀▀▀░▀▀▀░░░░█
█▄░░▀▄░░░░░▄▀░░██
▀██▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██▀

▄█▀███████▀▀████▄
██░░▀███▀░░░░▀▄██
███░░░░▀░░░░░░▄██
████░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████▄░░░░░░░░▄██
██▄░░░░░░░░░▄████
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████▀░▀▀▀▀░▀████
████░░░░░░░░░░███
████▄░░░░░░░░▄███
█▀████▄▄░░▄▄█████
██▄▀▀▀▀░░░░██████
▀██████▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██░██
██░▄███████▄░█░██
██░█▄▄▄▄▄███░█░██
██░▀███████▀░████
███▄▄░░░▄▄▄▄█████
▀█████▄█████████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░▄▀█▀██▄░▀███
██░▄█▀░▀░▀▀██▄░██
██░███░▀▀▀ ▀██░██
██░███░████░██░██
██▄░█▄░▄░▄▄▄▀░▄██
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀

holydarkness

Activity: 1246
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 06:08:11 AM

First, you have to know that you look at the wrong section. You quoted (screenshot) their terms about trade, and you complained about withdrawal, they're two entirely different things.

Bittrex is indeed charge you 0.25℅ for a trade, it means if you sell your bitcoin to a DOGE or something else, they will charge 0.25% from the amount you sell and it is done automatically. The minimum amount for trading is vary on each coin.

As for withdrawal, they charge you flat 0.001. It means you take your bitcoin from your wallet to other wallet. This amount is quite high for some people, true, but it's the amount that's charged on most exchange.

tyuner4

Activity: 322
Merit: 179

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 06:15:27 AM

0.001 BTC is the withdrawal fees for any BTC amount you withdraw. Perhaps, you want to withdraw after you have more BTC in the account. In this case, the % will be lower.
GreatOrchid
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 06:26:37 AM

Bittrex has not scammed you, you deposit less than $8 dollars, and all withdraw fees are not less than $4 each.
i dont understand why you deposit and then wanted to withdraw.
by the way, i haver neved trusted in any exchanger, i prefer to hold coins by myself instead of having them in a site that it could be probably seized in anytime.

tyyywilldie

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 02:53:41 AM

Ok I stand corrected there but tell me this people:

IF i PAY THE .001 FLAT RATE FOR "WITHDRAW" THEN WHY DOES IT SAY AFTER I PAY THAT AMOUNT "YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH TO WITHDRAW"

OK THE REASON I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH IS BECAUSE THEY ARE TAKING THEIR .001 RIGHT OFF THE TOP. TO ME, IF THEY CAN AFFORD TO TAKE .001 "FLAT RATE", AND THUS ME PAYING THE "FLAT RATE" WOULD COVER THE TRANSACTION, THEN WHY WON'T THEY TRANSFER THE SMALL AMOUNT. CONSIDERING THE "FLAT RATE FEE" IS TO PAY FOR THE "WITHDRAW" THEN WHY WON'T THEY LET ME CASHOUT.

OH OK IT'S IN THEIR TERMS OF SERVICE. WELL IF THEY DIDNT' TAKE OUT .002 THEN I WOULD HAVE ENOUGH TO MOVE MY BITCOINS... BUT AFTER THEY TAKE IT OUT I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH? SINCE WHEN WAS IT STANDARD TO "PAY A WITHDRAWL FEE" ONLY TO NOT BE ABLE TO WITHDRAW?

WHATEVER CLOSE THE THREAD WHATEVER YOU GUYS WANT TO DO BUT IT'S STILL GRIMEY SHIT BUSINESS PRACTICES.

I guess I wasn't so mad about charging me the fee, but only the point was after charging me their fee, they said i couldn't withdraw because I didn't have enough balance.
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1036

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 02:59:23 AM

Ok I stand corrected there but tell me this people:

IF i PAY THE .001 FLAT RATE FOR "WITHDRAWL" THEN WHY DOES IT SAY AFTER I PAY THAT AMOUNT "YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH TO WITHDRAWL"

OK THE REASON I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH IS BECAUSE THEY ARE TAKING THEIR .001 RIGHT OFF THE TOP. TO ME, IF THEY CAN AFFORD TO TAKE .001 "FLAT RATE", AND THUS ME PAYING THE "FLAT RATE" WOULD COVER THE TRANSACTION, THEN WHY WON'T THEY TRANSFER THE SMALL AMOUNT. CONSIDERING THE "FLAT RATE FEE" IS TO PAY FOR THE "WITHDRAWL" THEN WHY WON'T THEY LET ME CASHOUT.

OH OK IT'S IN THEIR TERMS OF SERVICE. WELL IF THEY DIDNT' TAKE OUT .002 THEN I WOULD HAVE ENOUGH TO MOVE MY BITCOINS... BUT AFTER THEY TAKE IT OUT I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH? SINCE WHEN WAS IT STANDARD TO "PAY A WITHDRAWL FEE" ONLY TO NOT BE ABLE TO WITHDRAWL?

WHATEVER CLOSE THE THREAD WHATEVER YOU GUYS WANT TO DO BUT IT'S STILL GRIMEY SHIT BUSINESS PRACTICES.

No one is saying it's good business practise it's just what you have to deal with when you use a centralized exchange. They make rules, you follow them.
tyyywilldie

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 03:25:31 AM

yes sir

delete this thread anyway i just think sites like this should br more transparent... not to where you have to dig and dig through a terms of service just to realize all the hidden fees and limits

sorry admin remove thread
latosha

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 04:32:56 AM

And it would not be better for you to do some trading so you have more bitcoin to do widraw?
Greg M

Activity: 7

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 07:32:06 AM

Wow, yet another example of when someone does not understand something and they automatically scream scam. Bittrex is not a scam. I use many exchanges and although I don't trust leaving any large amounts there, most are safe and it's all the same withdraw fees on average for any coin.

Bitcoin is rather expensive to send now and miner taxes have increased significantly due to constant full blocks (mempools) and sometimes lists of transactions that are waiting for a block to be in to initiate the first confirmation.

Your best alternative is to withdraw Litecoin, Dogecoin, or any smaller crypto. If your goal is to hold bitcoin long term then definitely just trade alt coins until you have a decent amount of btc, and then move it to a hardware wallet.

Hope this helps and please refrain from posting that a company is a scam until you do your homework, or ask some questions here in the appropriate thread. 🚀
Slow death

Activity: 1246
Merit: 701

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 12:09:28 PM

0.001BTC is the fee and minimum withdraw is 0.004BTC. If you want to withdraw then you must have 0.004 in your account and you should write like this: 0.004BTC and you will receive 0.003BTC

Delete this accusation

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.