Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:26:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Speed and relevance of Bitstamp support.  (Read 145 times)
landstrykere (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 08:50:31 PM

Hi everyone.

This is fun:
I have verified accounts on main exchangers, among others Bitstamp.
Today the 28 august,  I found in my postbox an email from Bitstamp support. Surprise, as I don't remember contacting them.
I log into the site to read and, indeed, I forgot...
It was the 10 august. I spend five weeks in Russia this summer and the 10 august, when I tried to log into Bitstamp I noticed their website was not accessible.
It was NOT a block on the ISP or russian authority side, but instead the site content not showing, not being served.
I went to my Bitpanda account  and bought there.
Then I left this ticket on Bitstamp:

"I am by now some weeks in Russia. I see that bitstamp.net is not reachable from russian IP. I am now using a VPN as a workaround.
But, there's no ban from russian internet authority. When there is a ban, a redirected page from russian administration is shown, with more or less explanation about the ban.
So it looks like it's on your side: the site isn't served to connecting IPs.
What's that about ?
For comparison, bitpanda is working fine on russian IPs
."

that was the 10 august.
Today, the 28 august, so more than 2 weeks after, the answer to the ticket is:

"thank you for reaching out.
Unfortunately I am not in the position to comment on the matter. We kindly suggest that you contact your internet provider as they might be able to assist you further in the matter.
Should you require additional assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me again.
Best regards,
"

Roll Eyes

shot of the ticket page:
https://i.imgur.com/4ZnWiQi.jpg
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: