Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:14:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thinking about starting a business in bitcoin?  (Read 505 times)
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 10:34:23 PM

To start a business now in bitcoin, you need to be creative. To be creative, you need to remove yourself from that which dilutes your creativity (aka this forum). Take a look at other places on the internet for inspiration, focusing on places where bitcoin could actually solve a current problem or expand on an existing solution. It may take a while but sometimes those inspirations will just jump out at you even while you're walking down the street. Sometimes those aren't inspirations, but are really muggers. Either way, you'll probably lose money in the end.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RagnarDanneskjold

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 08:45:50 AM

This is fun, reads like a haiku or is it  iambic pentameter?

I cannot help but troll, as I reject your premises.  One does not have to be remotely creative to have a successful business in any sector, no mater how revolutionary or esoteric.

I would contend that all one needs is luck & determination.  It helps to be clever..which is not the posterity of IQ or education, ANy person can become as clever as he wants to be, it is a choice just like digging ditches.

Oh, and [looking for] inspiration is for commies and plagairizers.  If something or someone becomes your muse, then so be it. But don't go looking for a hole to fill, that is what everyone else does.  Tear yourself a new hole and fuck it.

If you were making the same argument about say art or music, I would agree with you. Being mugged, btw, is in itself a highly valuable experience.

Also, as as more practical and fundamental matter, do you not believe that the ratio of 'successful' to failed btc startups is likely much greater than those in the outside world.  I would argue that any entrepreneur has a better chance starting here, where you have an obsessive, captive audience holding lots of coin with practically nowhere to spend it.  Sounds like a gold mine to me.

git  |  | ID
'Bitcoin is the progress toward a society of privacy. The savage’s whole existence is public, ruled by the laws of his tribe. Bitcoin is the process of setting man free from men'
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 10:44:55 AM

You make some good points, I wasn't intending to be serious with this thread but I suppose I was strictly referring to the over saturation of "same" businesses (t-shirts, million bitcoin pages, chain games, ponzis, mining contracts, "investments", etc)

RagnarDanneskjold

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 12:01:38 PM

At the risk of going too far (something I excel at) I am calling you on BS disingenuousness.  I read your tortured personal history and am holding you to your commitment of turning a new leaf this year.

Your original post (albeit lighthearted) is a passive-aggressive means to undermine, discredit, and slander the economy and people for which you have dedicated years of your life.  Not only that, you, a reputable btcpreneurer, are posting a broad, clear announcement to ward off newcomers "Thinking about starting a business in bitcoin? Either way, you'll probably lose money in the end."

You, more than anyone are entitled to your cynicism and vitriol.  Or, perhaps you are shooing them away so there is more of the BTC pie available for you and yours - if this is the case, I tip my hat to you, well done sir.

git  |  | ID
'Bitcoin is the progress toward a society of privacy. The savage’s whole existence is public, ruled by the laws of his tribe. Bitcoin is the process of setting man free from men'
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 12:04:54 PM

At the risk of going too far (something I excel at) I am calling you on BS disingenuousness.

Yep, that's really far. I made this exact thread as a joke in Off-topic. (it's actually a repeat of my post in a different thread). It's interesting you read so much into it, but that's what got people in trouble the past few years too-- reading too much into the things I do.  Wink

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:50:40 PM

On one hand, you could say that you don't "look for creativity", you either have it or you don't, but that seems a little bit elitists. Many good ideas do just come to people, but I suspect it's not without influence. Bitcoin has given many people some good ideas, and they had to come looking for bitcoin.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: