Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:27:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New miner, need investment advice  (Read 1088 times)
Mike011 (OP)

Activity: 312
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 06:15:37 PM

Hey guys,

I`ve been reading the forum for quite some time and i trust in you ppl to help me out.
So, the question is quite simple, i want to start a mining project, with the electricity cost of about 0.13$ kw/h where i live, and I have a budget of about 20000$. What to invest in? Bunch of gpu`s, or asic miners? If the gpu`s are the option, i was after 1080ti`s, for the asic`s a A5 dashmaster looks awesome... So, i`m quite confused actually with all the variables taken into consideration. Help out a brotha!  Huh
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
llzzyy234

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 06:25:03 PM

20k budget?
just buy etherum/bitcoin/others...it will be much more profitable than building the mining rigs right now and wait for another 10 months to get break even.....
I bet ETH will go POS ten months later, and all miners will rush to the rest like Zec/exp..., and completely crush the market Undecided
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 06:26:48 PM

Forget mining, best thing right now is buy eth, with the speculation coming in few weeks, price might jump 3x at least.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 06:33:35 PM

You will probably need 50% or more of that $20k to upgrade power, provide cooling, exhaust, shelves etc. 1 6 GPU 1080 Ti will cost you $5k or more, so $20k may not go that far.

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
Mike011 (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 10:05:55 PM

Thanks for the advises guys, i`ll think it over again but for not too long and then take action.
valr

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 10:23:50 PM

Forget mining, best thing right now is buy eth, with the speculation coming in few weeks, price might jump 3x at least.

What speculation is it that is going to make the price jump 3x?
Bibi187

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

https://steemit.com/@bibi187

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 10:30:23 PM

If you speak about future coin go to the moon, take a deeper regard on DeepOnion, anonymity powered by TOR network and fair distribution. Is actually on low phase best moment to buy Wink This is the next crypto champion

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
GMPoison

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 10:38:40 PM

Go with the Antminer L3+, much more profitable than gpu's.

Just plug the numbers into a mining calculator, $20k into ASIC's can be very profitable.
g0suboy

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 11:12:27 PM

Hey guys,

I`ve been reading the forum for quite some time and i trust in you ppl to help me out.
So, the question is quite simple, i want to start a mining project, with the electricity cost of about 0.13$ kw/h where i live, and I have a budget of about 20000$. What to invest in? Bunch of gpu`s, or asic miners? If the gpu`s are the option, i was after 1080ti`s, for the asic`s a A5 dashmaster looks awesome... So, i`m quite confused actually with all the variables taken into consideration. Help out a brotha!  Huh

i would def go and buy GPUs rx570 8gb. You can get around 60 of them. With 20k u can set 10 rigs with 6gpu each. With current eth price u will ROI in 6-7 months,after that 116$ profit per day. Eth will be mineable for atleast 1 year and more (casper LATE 2018) and prolly more cos they break every deadline. Even better if u can hold on ether and not sell it as soon u mine it, the eth price will go up and u will ROI even faster.
Thats my honest opinion and i started moth ago with 10k$ budget. Holding on my mined eth and i think ill ROI till new year easily.
Bibi187

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

https://steemit.com/@bibi187

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 11:24:14 PM

Hey guys,

i would def go and buy GPUs rx570 8gb. You can get around 60 of them. With 20k u can set 10 rigs with 6gpu each. With current eth price u will ROI in 6-7 months,after that 116$ profit per day. Eth will be mineable for atleast 1 year and more (casper LATE 2018) and prolly more cos they break every deadline. Even better if u can hold on ether and not sell it as soon u mine it, the eth price will go up and u will ROI even faster.
Thats my honest opinion and i started moth ago with 10k$ budget. Holding on my mined eth and i think ill ROI till new year easily.

If u are really about mining in other hand, u can invest for now at my point on DeepOnion / ETH / SC / NEO and wait december for now version of ASIC release, that where u can grab real money if u are here in right moment right time. First batch is good value normally, care about scam and fail to do industry.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Mike011 (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:02:32 AM

wait december for now version of ASIC release, that where u can grab real money if u are here in right moment right time. First batch is good value normally, care about scam and fail to do industry.
Thanks, this sounds like the best option for asic`s. If the gpu`s are the way, i`d go for nvidia and zec, since eth is going pos. I might even put half the money now in gpu`s and other half could invest till new asic`s pop up.
candyiman

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:38:46 AM

Can someone Provide me a Post from the past that  Actually someone said YES to a question "should i Invest  20k or 10k on mining?"

GO to Ethereum forum and see every year its the same thing I remember a Member the smoking man(he is actually from the good members but History proved him wrong everytime, at least till now)     was "arguing' against mining about a year ago in march or febrouar 2016?  so what did we learned from the "Bad mouthing of 2016 against Mining? people with 6x480 in one year made 100k$  (180mhs ETH x Months was 50 Eth as of June or july 2016)

and  again other members  about 2 weeks before ZEC   and we remember how ZEC started and how many MONEYZ some people have made,

There is a Post here in Bitcointalk with the title "  My friends coming with 40k budget for mining" or something   and you see same thing all over again 

"bad idea"    " just buy"  ""dont""     """ mining POS""" or what ever,

I did in the  about the same time? or  investment on minig with 4k wich is not much and already made 55% of ROI (2 months and 7 days)         and I lost more or less 300$ on the stupid Burst coin

So if nothing changes in max 3 months  i will be making ROI (did some good gains with Signatum over the last 2 weeks but just HODL)

TO the OP   Just make a plan and See your EC cost if its Over 0.18 it MAYBE better to Invest  if its 0.09 and under go for it

To the members Just be honest say  "DUDE DONT START MINING IT RAISES THE DIFF AND WE ARE MAKING LESS"

What if he will start mining LBC and in a year he will gather like 156k of LBC and in a year 1 LBC will be at 4$?   

Tinaathidsfd

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 05:53:41 AM

yeah,you should buy more eth right now.as the price will be jump more than 5X soon,I promise.
umine

Activity: 405
Merit: 136

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 08:52:05 AM

The TS asked about mining project. Not about investment. 20000$ would be enough for 3 rigs of 8xGTX1080Ti with cooling. It's about 7 kW power consumption. So there is a question to TS: what is the placement where you plan to build miners? You should use at least AWG10 power cable at 220V

Mike011 (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 09:59:15 AM

The TS asked about mining project. Not about investment. 20000$ would be enough for 3 rigs of 8xGTX1080Ti with cooling. It's about 7 kW power consumption. So there is a question to TS: what is the placement where you plan to build miners? You should use at least AWG10 power cable at 220V

Well, actually i am about to start with 2 rigs, 6 * 1080ti each. One rig draws approx 1900W (290w each card and 150w for the rest of the system). I have 20 amp breakers just in case and i plan to use different wall socket for each rig. Electricity cost is 0.13$ kw/h here. Rest of the money is waiting for new asics.
onefinecoin

Activity: 94

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 11:30:24 AM

I totally back @candyiman, for what he said.

When i started out 10 months back all forums were filled with fear of Eth going POS, and having nothing to mine anymore and everything going in loss...but we are almost in the end of 2017 and I am confident Mining is going nowhere. New coins will come, new economies will be formed. Even ETH will not go POS by end 2018, not be rolled all at once, it will be done in phases, I would challenge, if POS will even prove to be what it is, I think its going to make everything centralized again.

Coming to your investment, 1080ti seems to be the best at the moment. You can also look into 1060s, but will generate more heat, take more space for only a little better ROI than 1080tis...

I would suggest you keep some money atleast 25% aside for long and short term investing. Invest in BTC, and other projects you feel have good potential, Good ICOs.

All the best !
umine

Activity: 405
Merit: 136

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 11:49:32 AM

Well, actually i am about to start with 2 rigs, 6 * 1080ti each. One rig draws approx 1900W (290w each card and 150w for the rest of the system). I have 20 amp breakers just in case and i plan to use different wall socket for each rig. Electricity cost is 0.13$ kw/h here. Rest of the money is waiting for new asics.

The breakers can be any. But what about your entire power cable cross section. Is it enough for all your planned hardware? It's recommended at least 1.5 reserve of the cable: for example AWG10 maximum acceptable current about 30A, so for 24/7 working should not exceed 20A load (i.e. 4-4.5 kW at 220V)

Shermand100

Activity: 55
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 02:54:17 PM

I've mined for a couple of years as a hobby, and in my experience/hindsight I would go down the GPU route. Not ASICs. I've tried both.

I bought 2nd hand a couple of Antminer S3's when I first started, and a Gridseed Blade. Whilst they were great at what they did at the time, now they're only good as fan heaters. Old ASICs in my opinion are hard to re-purpose/sell.

GPUs however can always be traded in for better, there's always a 2nd market with gamers and are much more fluid with regards to mining different algorithms as new cryptos arrive on the scene or difficulty makes the current mining venture un-profitable.

I like that you call it "$20000 to invest" because the key word is "invest". You just don't know what will happen, nobody does. You can only prepare for increasing difficulty and the likelihood that a newer, better coin will emerge. This is all in it's infant years, things are going to change and GPUs cope better to change than ASICS.

I'm happy with what I've achieved, for your info I've gained +500% of what I've spent on hardware in coins, (and still have the hardware to sell). However it is true that this value would be considerably higher if I had just bought the currency at the time HODL'd and sold today. I estimate +2000%  if I had done that instead.

Like you said it's an investment, but you're still comparatively early to the show, plenty of money to be made. Enjoy the ride.

http://pinode.co.uk How to Guide Library for Nodes
zer0k

Activity: 349
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 03:07:56 PM

Can someone Provide me a Post from the past that  Actually someone said YES to a question "should i Invest  20k or 10k on mining?"

GO to Ethereum forum and see every year its the same thing I remember a Member the smoking man(he is actually from the good members but History proved him wrong everytime, at least till now)     was "arguing' against mining about a year ago in march or febrouar 2016?  so what did we learned from the "Bad mouthing of 2016 against Mining? people with 6x480 in one year made 100k$  (180mhs ETH x Months was 50 Eth as of June or july 2016)

and  again other members  about 2 weeks before ZEC   and we remember how ZEC started and how many MONEYZ some people have made,

<SNIP>

How much more would they of made if they invested all of their money straight into ETH? or ZEC?

puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:08:09 PM

Can someone Provide me a Post from the past that  Actually someone said YES to a question "should i Invest  20k or 10k on mining?"

GO to Ethereum forum and see every year its the same thing I remember a Member the smoking man(he is actually from the good members but History proved him wrong everytime, at least till now)     was "arguing' against mining about a year ago in march or febrouar 2016?  so what did we learned from the "Bad mouthing of 2016 against Mining? people with 6x480 in one year made 100k$  (180mhs ETH x Months was 50 Eth as of June or july 2016)

and  again other members  about 2 weeks before ZEC   and we remember how ZEC started and how many MONEYZ some people have made,

<SNIP>

How much more would they of made if they invested all of their money straight into ETH? or ZEC?

Unless they have money to burn (the best kind of money) who in their right mind would have plopped down $20K on a new coin like Eth or Zec a year ago?  There were no guarantees.  Same as today...  Would you invest $20K in Signatum, Denarius, or Zencash right now... and be strong enough to hold for a year?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: