Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:39:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth!  (Read 94820 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
spoonyg

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:39:39 AM

I am very interested in this coin.
I think that it is a wonderful coin with a promising potential,
but is the maximum coin issuance limit not pear?

There is no max. Each year, 5% will be added. A max supply doesn't really make sense with a POS-only coin.

See: http://coinwiki.info/en/SpectreCoin#Specifications

5% is looking a bit too much compared to this https://www.statista.com/statistics/191077/inflation-rate-in-the-usa-since-1990/ I am not 100% positive if the numbers are absolutely correct here, but anyways, Looks like 1 - 2% is going to be better.

Since the PoS is future in my opinion, especialy because the speed and the scalabitliy is the future. If we want to get mass adoption, to not get into the point where the bitcoin is today. I would like a system of staking that is incentivizing stakers to use - sell - throw their or part of their "5%" back to the market. Something like PoS - PoI (proof of importance) that is using NEM. Its a PoS that is incentivizing stakers to use their coins (not just sending to another wallet of yours Cheesy ) What do you think guys.

Another thing, what do you think about governments cracking on the anonymity coins. I guess anonymity coins are going to be first ones attacked by govs, Have you any ideas how to avoid that, or some vision into the future in case its going to happen. You know anonymity coins wont have to pay taxes  Lips sealed, thats going to be a problem and an advantage  Cool .

Another point to consider, is that a small inflation rate, hard to say what exactly, offsets the coins that are lost forever due to wallets getting lost, destroyed etc. There are tons of stories of people who have lost wallets with no backups.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 05:57:15 AM

I am very interested in this coin.
I think that it is a wonderful coin with a promising potential,
but is the maximum coin issuance limit not pear?

There is no max. Each year, 5% will be added. A max supply doesn't really make sense with a POS-only coin.

See: http://coinwiki.info/en/SpectreCoin#Specifications

5% is looking a bit too much compared to this https://www.statista.com/statistics/191077/inflation-rate-in-the-usa-since-1990/ I am not 100% positive if the numbers are absolutely correct here, but anyways, Looks like 1 - 2% is going to be better.

Since the PoS is future in my opinion, especialy because the speed and the scalabitliy is the future. If we want to get mass adoption, to not get into the point where the bitcoin is today. I would like a system of staking that is incentivizing stakers to use - sell - throw their or part of their "5%" back to the market. Something like PoS - PoI (proof of importance) that is using NEM. Its a PoS that is incentivizing stakers to use their coins (not just sending to another wallet of yours Cheesy ) What do you think guys.

Another thing, what do you think about governments cracking on the anonymity coins. I guess anonymity coins are going to be first ones attacked by govs, Have you any ideas how to avoid that, or some vision into the future in case its going to happen. You know anonymity coins wont have to pay taxes  Lips sealed, thats going to be a problem and an advantage  Cool .

5% is still okay compare to most of the coin
1-2% for certain coins work but that would for large number of coins

Spectre has only 20M + so its still okay xd

andriyana

Activity: 842
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:46:28 PM

whether there are bounty and airdrop projects for coin farmers
srqrebel

Activity: 256

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 02:48:37 PM

The 5% annual inflation rate is a sweet bonus to someone who keeps their wallet open for staking 24/7 (or even just part time, but regularly.)  Since the staking reward distribution amounts to 5% of the overall supply, but goes only to those who have their wallets open for staking, and many holders don't stake at all, those who do stake regularly end up with more than 5% of their balance annually in staking rewards.

A few people have objected to the 5% inflation rate, but I don't get where these objections are coming from.  5% is not nearly high enough to affect the utility of Spectre as a stable currency, but it is a sweet reward for those who stake.  So, instead of objecting to the small and steady inflation rate, how about staking your coins on a regular basis, thus keeping up with the inflation rate?  Or better yet, stake 24/7 and beat the inflation rate, and claim some free money.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Native TOR+OBFS4  ●  Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon!  ●  Ghost Protocol
XSPEC Slack  ◆   Website  ◆  Twitter  ◆  Facebook  ◆  Reddit  ◆  Telegram
koYnsta

Activity: 125

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:32:13 PM

plus the 5% is a good balance between incentive to generate passive income by staking on the one hand and not too much inflation for the coin ecosystem on the other hand.
I mean this could keep the users interest in staking instead of dumping  Wink
srqrebel

Activity: 256

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:46:24 PM

plus the 5% is a good balance between incentive to generate passive income by staking on the one hand and not too much inflation for the coin ecosystem on the other hand.
I mean this could keep the users interest in staking instead of dumping  Wink

Excellent point about it disincentivizing dumping.  Not only do the rich staking rewards offset any speculative gains from dumping - people who stake their coins don't have them parked at an exchange with an itchy trigger finger, since the coins have to be kept in a wallet in order to stake.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Native TOR+OBFS4  ●  Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon!  ●  Ghost Protocol
XSPEC Slack  ◆   Website  ◆  Twitter  ◆  Facebook  ◆  Reddit  ◆  Telegram
TalRasha

Activity: 48

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 07:10:46 PM

I was checking block explorer on this website https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xspec/#!rich
I would like to ask why is that number so low, 919 addresses only, why is there so few addresses on spectre. Does that mean that people are just having spectre on cryptopia and not using wallets ?
Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 07:51:54 PM

I was checking block explorer on this website https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xspec/#!rich
I would like to ask why is that number so low, 919 addresses only, why is there so few addresses on spectre. Does that mean that people are just having spectre on cryptopia and not using wallets ?

One reason could be that there are simply few people who have heard of Spectre yet.

Also keep in mind that not all funds are displayed in the block explorer, it does not display those stored as private balances.

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
sirsplashalot

Activity: 520
Merit: 123

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 09:21:04 PM

Yes, those are sell orders.

And the other addresses are stealth addresses.

Worried about my trust rating? I am too. Bitcointalk users ‘Lauda’ and ‘gmaxwell’ have abused their superior powers in trust system to align their views with the ‘correct views.’ In no legal system in any jurisdiction do we have a definition for what Bitcoin is, they do not have the power to tell us what it is based on the rule of law.
skichamp84

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 11:07:23 PM

This tech is awesome.  Once people start realizing TOR integration is the way its going to get crazy.  I love how active the community is and cant wait to see it grow.

found XSPEC when it was at $0.10 fuck me an I happy now.  If deep onion is sitting at $4.00 then I can see this coin being one of those $10+ coins easily.  I cant wait for the future!
TalRasha

Activity: 48

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 12:44:59 AM

One reason could be that there are simply few people who have heard of Spectre yet.

Also keep in mind that not all funds are displayed in the block explorer, it does not display those stored as private balances.

Thx for the reply, that makes sense, so there can be thousands of stealth addresses that wont be shown there, + people that have coins on cryptopia on their wallet + few people
kacakkipri

Activity: 350
Merit: 171

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 12:47:32 AM

I think the developer loves james bond movies Smiley There is an interesting name of the project. Good luck for developer and the community

▀▄▀  T E M C O ~ Supply Chain Powered by Bitcoin Network, RSK ▀▄▀
  Officially Supported by RSK, TLDR Capital and Korea Investment Partners (KIP). 
Website   ★   Facebook   ★   Twitter   ★   Telegram   ★   Medium   ★   Reddit
shogun47

Activity: 1750
Merit: 554

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 05:21:39 AM

If the whales contribute enough to allow the dev to work fulltime, it would be amazing for the project. How close are we to making the goal?

I am happy to announce that the fundraising goal has been reached!  Smiley Big thanks to ontopicplease and all other investors who donated (mainly original ICO investors). We now have a professional full-time dev, JBG, who will be bringing this project forward with higher intensity than ever before. We have a lot of goals, and JBG is very open for all kinds of suggestions the community carries to him. He will soon confirm it here personally.
Congratulations.
I will wait with interest for the results of your work.

Congratulations guys. I think the plan you outlined and the vision you have really justifies that you could raise what you were aiming for. Now I hope you stick to your promises and make it all happen!
justvamp

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 05:48:03 AM

In my opinion it's the most promising coin out there.
VEEGOLD

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

Iron sharpeneth iron BTC 13TZeA5bWGfrAsUqbnAUiQHhq

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 10:39:31 AM

Just like in scriptures of truth any one buying into spectre is like that merchant that was seeking a treasure and when he found one he went and sold all he had and bought it.

Buy some Spectrecoin now
jpatz100

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 05:35:31 PM

The Deep Onion moon is one of my reasons for still holding. If that can moon 15x then XSPEC will be at least $5-10.
pilvlp

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 06:07:22 PM

Any idea when this coin will hit bittrex or any big trading sites?
HippiePyro

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

A non technical guy in a technical world

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 07:57:40 PM

Just testing my new signature. And no one has to pay me to wear it.! Would anyone have issue if I made some changes to it? Its from the old OP. I also think we should have the signature's in the new ANN thread.
Beachguy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 09:26:43 PM

You need to edit the links.
I made a sticky in the slack channel with edits too.pinned in marketing

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Beachguy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 09:29:26 PM

The Deep Onion moon is one of my reasons for still holding. If that can moon 15x then XSPEC will be at least $5-10.

Deep onion isn't mooning...its dumping at the moment and people are getting blacklisted.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: