Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:39:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth!  (Read 94820 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ti460

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 02:27:10 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2017, 02:47:27 PM by ti460

Why do you think so? Originally, "whitepaper" is a term that comes from a scientific background. Some early projects had a scientific whitepaper, because they had a scientific background that explored the possibilities of blockchain technology. Investors liked it, so people started imitating it. Nowadays, what is called a whitepaper is nothing more than a brochure of what the coin offers. Maybe some technical details. No quality control whatsoever, no guarantees of correctness or coherency. Most so-called whitepapers have a very low quality.

This project does not have a scientific background, and we don't claim to have. We have a practical background. We know the technical details, and we do have a vision. We do not have a brochure of it yet. If you like to know some technical details, or if the vision is unclear, you are free to ask and someone will try to answer it as good as possible.

In the meanwhile, I am trying to give a more detailed overview of what the coin offers on this wiki page: http://coinwiki.info/en/SpectreCoin
JBG is working on extending the website to include more info as well. And at some point, we will have a brochure called whitepaper that will summarize it once again.  Smiley

Thanks Gandalf86, to point out the problem with whitpapers in cryptoworld...everyone asking for whitepaper without having the notion about what a whitepaper is!

EDIT:
I proposed several times in different projects to publish green papers instead as a alternative and also to initiate a participatory/bottom-up process with the community, to give the possibility to create a common sense, shared vision, etc...no one cared about, I support your conclusion regarding the low quality of those so called "whitepapers"...thanks again, it makes me happy to see that there is people out there thinking similar!  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Beachguy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2017, 02:41:30 PM

@ti460 -  We like the format of Gandalf86's coinwiki alot. It's much more versatile and informative.
And in the end....what's the difference? What you call it?
Oh, and  please edit your quotes down to no more than 3....thanks.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
ti460

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 02:46:42 PM

@ti460 -  We like the format of Gandalf86's coinwiki alot. It's much more versatile and informative.
And in the end....what's the difference? What you call it?
Oh, and  please edit your quotes down to no more than 3....thanks.

of course, thanks to keep things clean beachman Wink

ps: done
Beachguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2017, 03:12:36 PM

Much appreciated....I have some housekeeping above to do to.  Grin
Have you thought about coming to the Spectrecoin slack channel?
Link is in my sig below.

Beachguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2017, 03:18:16 PM

Is there anyone that tried to stake the coins on a rasperry pi? I thought about staking some coins with a debian and i think one of these coins will be XPSEC Smiley Very nice to see that the most stakingcoins growing up slowly. Maybe I should add some more long term positions.
I would think you would need to build the wallet from its source code until spectre_jbg finishes a linux wallet. He's the dev at our Slack group...link found in sig.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 03:24:28 PM

@Cryptohunter @3x2 - Moderator here....I posted about these endless walls of text some folks seem to feel necessary to make a point.
They're distracting, serve no useful purpose and I will not have them in this thread.
Please
 clean them up and reduce the size.
You have 12 hours or I will clean them up for you.

Don't show fear of observable facts it illustrates guilt.

Start deleting my posts here I take offense. I take offense I put effort into highlighting this coins crazy narrow initial distribution outside of a thread of spec supporters. I also put more of effort in to highlighting the moderation of facts in this thread.

I do not feel it was deliberate however the collusion is there still it was never free to find a fair market start.

There is nothing untrue in my posts it is only a statement describing observable events in history.

Trying to draw a twin here with bitcoin is not only laughable it is totally misrepresenting the distribution of both projects. I'm sure as closed minded as you are that even you can not see that the crypto community was magnitudes smaller than small compared to when the launch of spec took place.

Asking for a solution to a insanely narrow initial distribution is like asking for a time machine.

I'm not a full critic of this project since it seems to have been more of a victim of events rather than a planned collusion and market making scheme. However I am simply saying this is what I consider to put people off. Well those that research before they jump in.

These are not walls of text they are simply sentences helping you understand your greater issues with this project. You don;t wish to accept his because you are one of the whales here. Sorry about that but your fear of the truth is very telling.

All whales should donate 50% to a pot that is burned or distributed to the board freely like onion for advertising it.
It would actually do more good than you know but whales will never do it they still believe they can hoard it collude and manipulate the market. Which they can whilst noobs are unaware of the dangers.

bzyzny

Activity: 274
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 03:59:14 PM

I agree people should have an honest understanding of the coins history, including initial distribution. No one is trying to hide the facts. It may make some people uncomfortable to invest, but unfortunately it is not easy to have a completely "fair" distribution. ICO, PoW, airdrop etc all have their drawbacks. Even with "fair" distribution, whales can later accumulate large percentage of coin supply from trading on exchanges. This is unavoidable in a free market, but I feel that the benefits of having a free market outweigh the downsides. Others are free to disagree. Personally my only gripe with Spectrecoins ICO is that I didn't hear about it in time Cheesy
uscoin1

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 04:01:02 PM

Love Spectrecoin.

Can't wait for Spectre Cash.  Think this has many potential.
spetalkuhfie

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 04:54:38 PM

How can I make staking work for me? Is it enough to have Spectre in an exchange wallet or do I need to have it in a proper (e.g. windows) wallet and leave the programm running?

___ dock.io _______Decentralized professional data exchange powered by Ethereum_______
WHITEPAPER     █ █ █ █     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     █ █ █ █     ANN THREAD
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ● ⚫ ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
enzeperix

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 05:28:27 PM

@cryptohunter : I agree with you , the distribution was the only thing i didn't liked about this coin . The whales should donate a chunk of their coins for developement , not necessarily to community. This way the leading team could hire more people and create a larger well established team. IOTA did the same thing , they raised $500K or so in BTC at that time and the money weren't enough to pay devs so they asked for help from the community and they community responded and donated and look what these guys have achieved so far ! I strongly believe in IOTA i see it as a project easily comparable with Ethereum in what concerns the importance and value.
IMHO everybody who is an early Spectercoin investor and bought coins at 0,001$ and has more than 20,000 ( 0,1%) in their bags would be nice to donate 1-5%.
Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:30:40 PM

These are not walls of text they are simply sentences helping you understand your greater issues with this project. You don;t wish to accept his because you are one of the whales here. Sorry about that but your fear of the truth is very telling.

Your post wasn't deleted because of its length or its content. It was deleted for containing a quote of a quote of a quote of a quote of a quote, each of them in full length. Beachguy warned about this multiple times that he would delete such posts. You still did it, so you got a warning, and afterward it was deleted. The right way to do it is to select the part you are referring to, like I am doing in this post. It's basic forum / email usage and should be commonsense.

Your thoughts may be right that getting a better distribution would help. But if whales would distribute their coins to multiple addresses, the problem would be "solved" as well from an outside perspective. You cannot tell people to give away money for free, that's not how this world works, unfortunately!  Cheesy The distribution will improve over time as the whales are taking their profits one by one and leaving.

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
VEEGOLD

Activity: 105

Iron sharpeneth iron BTC 13TZeA5bWGfrAsUqbnAUiQHhq

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 09:29:58 PM

@gandalf86 nicely said you don't tell people to give away money like that it is a choice if they want to donate their money to the project that would be good though but they took the risk when nobody else did.

Buy some Spectrecoin now
VEEGOLD

Activity: 105

Iron sharpeneth iron BTC 13TZeA5bWGfrAsUqbnAUiQHhq

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 09:32:49 PM

I wish I had put real money during the ico I would have become a millionaire by now I just put a peanut then.

Buy some Spectrecoin now
sirsplashalot

Activity: 520
Merit: 123

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 11:28:03 PM

@Cryptohunter @3x2 - Moderator here....I posted about these endless walls of text some folks seem to feel necessary to make a point.
They're distracting, serve no useful purpose and I will not have them in this thread.
Please

Don't show fear of observable facts it illustrates guilt.

Start deleting my posts here I take offense. I take offense I put effort into highlighting this coins crazy narrow initial distribution outside of a thread of spec supporters. I also put more of effort in to highlighting the moderation of facts in this thread.

I do not feel it was deliberate however the collusion is there still it was never free to find a fair market start.

There is nothing untrue in my posts it is only a statement describing observable events in history.

Trying to draw a twin here with bitcoin is not only laughable it is totally misrepresenting the distribution of both projects. I'm sure as closed minded as you are that even you can not see that the crypto community was magnitudes smaller than small compared to when the launch of spec took place.

Asking for a solution to a insanely narrow initial distribution is like asking for a time machine.

I'm not a full critic of this project since it seems to have been more of a victim of events rather than a planned collusion and market making scheme. However I am simply saying this is what I consider to put people off. Well those that research before they jump in.

All whales should donate 50% to a pot that is burned or distributed to the board freely like onion for advertising it.
It would actually do more good than you know but whales will never do it they still believe they can hoard it collude and manipulate the market. Which they can whilst noobs are unaware of the dangers.

ohhhhhhhhh you.'re a deep onion guy. That explains your sore anus. I was wondering what Shitcoin brought your attitude here.
Can you please show the math behind the deep onion distribution and how much the devs have for us? Show your work for us.
Furthermore how a coin with airdrops subject to only Bitcointalk members be the solution in a world of 8 billion people.

Your saying I should give 50% of my share away even though I've invested 10+k USD because you want your airdrop coins that are free? ill hold thanks. Put your hand back in your pocket.

Worried about my trust rating? I am too. Bitcointalk users ‘Lauda’ and ‘gmaxwell’ have abused their superior powers in trust system to align their views with the ‘correct views.’ In no legal system in any jurisdiction do we have a definition for what Bitcoin is, they do not have the power to tell us what it is based on the rule of law.
maxmad_x

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

It takes a lot to build but not much to lose

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 11:33:59 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2017, 10:41:24 PM by maxmad_x

EDITED TO REMOVE TOO MUCH STUFF IN THE POST FROM PREVIOUS CONVERSATION

Hey buddy,
A lot of time has passed since I sold off my XSPEC because of all the delays in the progress. There was barely any progress on the front of the devs. Some were sick, some on vacation etc. What is the current progress? I heard that you guys hired a new dev. Is there an updated roadmap?

If possible can you please discuss how Onions are different from Xspec? I am trying to choose my split investment between these two. I like anonymity in both but I dont understand the OBFS4 part. I understand ring CP and TOR. So can you please discuss the differences in the technologies that both of these young cryptos have brought to the table?
Cheers
-M
sirsplashalot

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 11:42:44 PM

Please

Hey buddy,
A lot of time has passed since I sold off my XSPEC because of all the delays in the progress. There was barely any progress on the front of the devs. Some were sick, some on vacation etc. What is the current progress? I heard that you guys hired a new dev. Is there an updated roadmap?

If possible can you please discuss how Onions are different from Xspec? I am trying to choose my split investment between these two. I like anonymity in both but I dont understand the OBFS4 part. I understand ring CP and TOR. So can you please discuss the differences in the technologies that both of these young cryptos have brought to the table?
Cheers
-M

Thanks for being nice about this, but if you ACTUALLY read this forum instead of flooding it with insignificant deep onion comparison requests, you would have your question answered about 4 times. 

Worried about my trust rating? I am too. Bitcointalk users ‘Lauda’ and ‘gmaxwell’ have abused their superior powers in trust system to align their views with the ‘correct views.’ In no legal system in any jurisdiction do we have a definition for what Bitcoin is, they do not have the power to tell us what it is based on the rule of law.
maxmad_x

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:33:50 AM
Last edit: September 04, 2017, 10:41:05 PM by maxmad_x

yep, I read through the whole thread and got an approximate answer that OBFS4 can work beyond the great wall of china. Is it correct?

Forgive me for being so straight,
but I got another impression that, either you are insanely angry with all Onion people or you are just arrogant. Statements like this "ohhhhhhhhh you.'re a deep onion guy. That explains your sore anus. I was wondering what Shitcoin brought your attitude here. " will no bring more people to the XSPECT community. I kicked myself when I missed spectre ICO and lost a chance for 20x profits. XSPEC has potential to be bigger (a lot bigger than what any of us can imagine), but as a potential investor, I do think that your attitude in answering (even trolls or shills for other coins who understandably can be a complete pain in butt to deal with) is not going to help XSPEC.

Crypto is so young and there is a ton of space for every coin to find its own space and easily become 100x in future years, thats not the worry at all. But please, do not alienate people by shitting on other coins. To a crypto newbie that does not give a good impression about the team and their work at all. (Once you do it , actually the trolls will win.) Thats why I request you to please stop using personal attacks to reply. If you think that the poster is troll then ban them from the thread but do not let the conversation go south.

I hope I did not come out as too judgemental, if that was the case then I am sorry. However, consider me as a well-wisher. I am hoping to see crypto grow and we all can benefit from decreased influence of centralized banking system. Lets work for that goal.
Thanx for patient reading
-M
sirsplashalot

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 02:37:18 AM

Please

Hey buddy,

Cheers
-M

Thanks for being nice about this, but if you ACTUALLY read this forum instead of flooding it with insignificant deep onion comparison requests, you would have your question answered about 4 times.  

yep, I read through the whole thread and got an approximate answer that OBFS4 can work beyond the great wall of china. Is it correct?

Forgive me for being so straight,
but I got another impression that, either you are insanely angry with all Onion people or you are just arrogant. Statements like this "ohhhhhhhhh you.'re a deep onion guy. That explains your sore anus. I was wondering what Shitcoin brought your attitude here. " will no bring more people to the XSPECT community. I kicked myself when I missed spectre ICO and lost a chance for 20x profits. XSPEC has potential to be bigger (a lot bigger than what any of us can imagine), but as a potential investor, I do think that your attitude in answering (even trolls or shills for other coins who understandably can be a complete pain in butt to deal with) is not going to help XSPEC.

Crypto is so young and there is a ton of space for every coin to find its own space and easily become 100x in future years, thats not the worry at all. But please, do not alienate people by shitting on other coins. To a crypto newbie that does not give a good impression about the team and their work at all. (Once you do it , actually the trolls will win.) Thats why I request you to please stop using personal attacks to reply. If you think that the poster is troll then ban them from the thread but do not let the conversation go south.

I hope I did not come out as too judgemental, if that was the case then I am sorry. However, consider me as a well-wisher. I am hoping to see crypto grow and we all can benefit from decreased influence of centralized banking system. Lets work for that goal.
Thanx for patient reading
-M

Fair enough, guess my anus is quite sore as I truly believe this should have a much higher marketcap. I will consider your philosophy as it is much more civilized and appreciate the input and thank you for your kind words of approach as you have shown class. But in the case of DeepOnion, Spectrecoin is superior with its technology and DeepOnion simply lacks the distribution arguments putforth on this fourm from DeepOnion supporters. In this scenario of DeepOnion, post count has been very much Quantity over Quality and therefore my anus gets REALLY sore when it appears in this thread.

Together we're all one in the Cryptosphere and I agree with your approach.

Sorry and Cheers !  

Edit: Confirmed in China and Middle Eastern regions: Iraq, Iran, Afganistan.

maxmad_x

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 02:53:10 AM
Last edit: September 04, 2017, 10:40:46 PM by maxmad_x

I understand the frustration but I am not even asking comparison between DeepOnion and XSPEC.

I would recommend just making sure that XSPEC community gets weekly updates. And the roadmap is followed as per the promises made by the devs. XSPEC has been around the block for a long time now and I expected some good updates from devs around Jan - MArch 2017 but it did not happen. Then in the last pump I sold off all of my XSPEC and moved on. Lets forget comparison between the two coins on XSPEC forum and focus on XSPEC, its updates, good news, bad news. Make sure that the response of community on BCT is good. May be use an incentive structure to increase the word of mouth. Slack does not really make it visible to the new members of crypto community. And slack channel is a bit lackluster too.

As far as ONIONs go, I have been currently part of a very very active community on DeepOnion. The dev @crypto_rainbow has been very particular/strict about the airdrop requirements. The team is trying its best to make sure that there are no cheaters. So far so good, the airdrops are completely transparent. To be fair the onion community is buzzing due to requirements of the airdrop, but the devs get to decide their way of making sure that they keep their spot on the first page for next 32 weeks. Kudos to them for choosing that route. Its too early to judge the developers there for their roadmaps and delays but I still think that whatever is happening there is a lot fair than any ICO around (I am not saying that XSPEC ico was unfair.. it was one of the older ICOs which was very much fair. The train of ICO's has been derailed for a while since GNO with devs keeping 96% of the coins, but thats talk for another day).

So lets make crypto great. Who knows may be you guys help @crypto_rainbow some day with implementation of OBFS4 and he helps XSPEC project with somethign awesome that he has to offer. Smiley

Cheers. I guess now we are both on the same page. Lets be positive and just ignore or silently ban anything that looks like a troll or shill. Smiley
If price drops a bit more, I am going to make an entry back in XSPEC. Its a long term hold
maxmad_x

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 06:09:09 AM
Last edit: September 04, 2017, 10:40:14 PM by maxmad_x

comparison != competition
Sharing is caring. Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: