Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:24:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth!  (Read 94820 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CoinMoz

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 08:27:12 AM

How is everyone feeling about this coin so far? Looks pretty cool at first glance

This coin has a very big potential. Syncing the chain takes about an hour or so. The payments are just simply fast. Try to send it from one wallet to another. And most importantly  the Stealth payments, which are completely anonymous.

People have to realize that once governments try control and regulate crypto, anonymous coins  will be in big demand. They already are, but in upcoming years it will be more relevant. And to send payments that no one can trace is a winner.

But the coin with better tech and user experience will be the leader and Spectre has everything to be the one.  Mark my words

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jhannlenris

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 08:31:07 AM

I wouldn't worry about the max supply at this time. 5% is not as much as it sounds like and it will take years before there is a significant increase / inflation and by that time the user base will be larger, fiat currency inflation will increase etc. If at some point it seems inflation is an issue or threat to the network there is always the possibility of adjusting the PoS to a reducing scheme. This would require a sufficient number of transactions to provide enough fees to satisfy node owners. At this time I would not worry about the max supply. We need to get all the core features running perfectly and then expand on that. Privacy is the key and the supply is in reality quite low. There are only a few hundred thousand in circulation being traded.
CoinMoz

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 08:54:40 AM

I wouldn't worry about the max supply at this time. 5% is not as much as it sounds like and it will take years before there is a significant increase / inflation and by that time the user base will be larger, fiat currency inflation will increase etc. If at some point it seems inflation is an issue or threat to the network there is always the possibility of adjusting the PoS to a reducing scheme. This would require a sufficient number of transactions to provide enough fees to satisfy node owners. At this time I would not worry about the max supply. We need to get all the core features running perfectly and then expand on that. Privacy is the key and the supply is in reality quite low. There are only a few hundred thousand in circulation being traded.

5% is not much at all. Take for example Bitcoin, 21 mil is a fixed number, but only god knows how many of them were lost at the very beginning. If  you do not backing up you wallet, seed, private keys... Funds are lost for good. So the actual current supply is way less than on coinmarketcap.

5% of additional coins help to overcome this problem. Because people do lose and forget passwords (and it doesn't matter how many times you repeat this, it is inevitable), laptop crashes and so on, so constant supply will maintain the right balance.  Wink
CrazyCreeptonaut

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 09:45:41 AM

does anyone have the skills to make a solid signature for the project?

vovannovig

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 10:36:15 AM

I really like the project, all of my savings are transferred to Spectrecoin XSPEC  which supports TOR+OBFS4!!!
I advise friends and relatives!
Lisk_beginner

Activity: 649
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 10:41:18 AM

Really good job.

I invested at 3 cts on cryptopia but i'm no patient and i sold too fast Embarrassed

Their technology is very good
Noruka

Activity: 910
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 03:45:14 PM

Many people say that the value of this coin is underestimated, but I can not read it, do not understand it's technology, do not understand it's good, someone out to explain what?

Take a look at the wiki that is linked in the first post.

As far as I understand this coin, the devs want to equip it with a variety of proven anonymity technologies. Not sure if it's unique or practical in the end.

This guy got it!  Wink I'm not sure if it will stay unique, but I'm sure it will be practical, and that is the goal.

But what is the reason for mixing up all those anonymity technologies? I mean, did you thoroughly think about it and then came to the conclusion that that is the superior anon solution? Or are you just going to do it for fun?
uscoin1

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 04:56:06 PM

Why this over verge, pivx, xmr?

there is a picture that compares them all..
i cant now find it right now, if some1 can help i will be glad

Awesome.  The only one with OBFS4, better than ZCASH.  Yes.  Be the LEADER.
This coin is Slowly but assuredly getting notice.
vovannovig

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:18:58 PM

I've glazed over this coin before, and ignored it. But after reviewing coins below 200 I found this coin again. It seems very impressive for its price and has lost 30% of past value. The team seems poised for a good future. And, I love all the privacy integrations- hope that there will be good reason for needing them (or not, because we all prefer less crackdowns).

I believe this coin suffers from what a lot of "coins" suffer from. And that is the term used in the name- coin. There is bitcoin, litecoin, bytecoin, i/o coin, binance coin, and maybe one other coin with coin in the name in the top 100 (oh yeah, Nav coin); could be one missed as well. Bitcoin is the first so it describes what it is. Litecoin is one of the first coins and describes itself as a lite version of bitcoin. Bytecoin is really old, i/o coin describes itself as a coin used on it's service. Binance coin has its own exchange and therefore the coin of its service. Nav coin is pretty old too and not sure what Nav means but the logo is really amazing. These are but the only ones I see right now in the top 100.

I don't like spectrecoin as a name because it is a spectre of a coin? It doesn't really impact the sense of anything. Yes, it is elusive like a spectre but a spectre is also a noun like coin. It's bulky and not sleek enough. It sounds childish to me. And a spectre is dark and intangible, but the site is all white with blue. The spectre symbol also looks like medieval and very bright. I know this may seem like complaining, but I really want to see this coin do well. I have never posted on these forums, and as you can tell by my name, I created it because of my enthusiasm for this coin.

My humble suggestions would be to replace the name with XSPEC. It's sleek. It's futuristic sounding. If italicized it looks innovative and compelling. I have heard of the XSPEC coin name and it quickly caught my attention- I didn't know till now that it was Spectrecoin's codename, or whatever the term is. Maybe merely dropping the term coin in the name to give it it's individual presence. Perhaps a darker theme to illuminate on the privacy focused usage. Pivx, Monero, Verge, and Cloak all sound like specific entities (I know Cloak is cloakcoin, which I believe they should drop the coin too). It's like calling a website company name something like "Amazonwebsite".

This is just my 2 cents. Marketing and image is huge. Cloakcoin has done very little marketing and is one of the top privacy coins because it has a very stringent look and theme with red and "cloakers" helping eachother around the world. Pivx has the infamous purple theme with red and blue blending. Monero means money in Italian- correct me if I'm wrong with a very distinct logo with individual presence, plus first mover of course. Zcash is the top "cash" performer. Zcoin is the first good implementation of "Zero" technology. These are real reasons why these coins are so popular right now. I think the Spectre devs are talented enough to explode this coin. Verge is like 2 guys or something but look at that V logo with the cold looking website where we are hiding in the mountains and cannot be found with others wanting into the community. It's the branding. It's the community.

I believe that Spectrecoin can become HUGE if it takes on a more thoughtful theme. I would like to ride the wave up because I think this coin is one of the best. I haven't gotten board yet. And I may anyways with no changes, but I believe a rebranding would catapult this up near the early 100's. Thanks for reading and would love input.

Spectin

You specifically registered on the forum under this name, wrote all this nonsense to someone and want to say that you want good?

You, obviously, are pursuing the goal of making a useless discussion on this proposal, which will distract from the fact that the project is super!
You should be ashamed!
P.S>I expressed my opinion and ask not to be distracted and not to discuss such stupid assaults on the project!
Virtuoso
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:21:47 PM

In the long run Spectre will be under the top 30 coins.
vovannovig

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:44:42 PM

In the long run Spectre will be under the top 30 coins.
I agree! Prospects are very good!
We will be very rich  Grin
vovannovig

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:46:10 PM

For those that ask about staking mechanism
It really looks lucrative now

Thank you!
Excellent work, very clearly and correctly written!
WELL DONE!
RKh

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 08:51:58 PM
Last edit: September 29, 2017, 08:23:05 AM by RKh

I've glazed over this coin before, and ignored it. But after reviewing coins below 200 I found this coin again. It seems very impressive for its price and has lost 30% of past value. The team seems poised for a good future. And, I love all the privacy integrations- hope that there will be good reason for needing them (or not, because we all prefer less crackdowns).

I believe this coin suffers from what a lot of "coins" suffer from. And that is the term used in the name- coin. There is bitcoin, litecoin, bytecoin, i/o coin, binance coin, and maybe one other coin with coin in the name in the top 100 (oh yeah, Nav coin); could be one missed as well. Bitcoin is the first so it describes what it is. Litecoin is one of the first coins and describes itself as a lite version of bitcoin. Bytecoin is really old, i/o coin describes itself as a coin used on it's service. Binance coin has its own exchange and therefore the coin of its service. Nav coin is pretty old too and not sure what Nav means but the logo is really amazing. These are but the only ones I see right now in the top 100.

I don't like spectrecoin as a name because it is a spectre of a coin? It doesn't really impact the sense of anything. Yes, it is elusive like a spectre but a spectre is also a noun like coin. It's bulky and not sleek enough. It sounds childish to me. And a spectre is dark and intangible, but the site is all white with blue. The spectre symbol also looks like medieval and very bright. I know this may seem like complaining, but I really want to see this coin do well. I have never posted on these forums, and as you can tell by my name, I created it because of my enthusiasm for this coin.

My humble suggestions would be to replace the name with XSPEC. It's sleek. It's futuristic sounding. If italicized it looks innovative and compelling. I have heard of the XSPEC coin name and it quickly caught my attention- I didn't know till now that it was Spectrecoin's codename, or whatever the term is. Maybe merely dropping the term coin in the name to give it it's individual presence. Perhaps a darker theme to illuminate on the privacy focused usage. Pivx, Monero, Verge, and Cloak all sound like specific entities (I know Cloak is cloakcoin, which I believe they should drop the coin too). It's like calling a website company name something like "Amazonwebsite".

This is just my 2 cents. Marketing and image is huge. Cloakcoin has done very little marketing and is one of the top privacy coins because it has a very stringent look and theme with red and "cloakers" helping eachother around the world. Pivx has the infamous purple theme with red and blue blending. Monero means money in Italian- correct me if I'm wrong with a very distinct logo with individual presence, plus first mover of course. Zcash is the top "cash" performer. Zcoin is the first good implementation of "Zero" technology. These are real reasons why these coins are so popular right now. I think the Spectre devs are talented enough to explode this coin. Verge is like 2 guys or something but look at that V logo with the cold looking website where we are hiding in the mountains and cannot be found with others wanting into the community. It's the branding. It's the community.

I believe that Spectrecoin can become HUGE if it takes on a more thoughtful theme. I would like to ride the wave up because I think this coin is one of the best. I haven't gotten board yet. And I may anyways with no changes, but I believe a rebranding would catapult this up near the early 100's. Thanks for reading and would love input.

Spectin

Thanks,
Enjoyed the read.
I agree on most points with you.
But it takes everybody on board in order to make it.
Doubt 51% of people are that brave enough, to change what they are get used to(plus most of tech people are blind about the design and overall feeling. All they care is tech and functionality)

*Speaking explicitly from my own feelings about the design, when I first discovered the coin
+ doing a little of design work (infographics) myself

And the last thing which is most important, you're right - tech IS superior
bzyzny

Activity: 274
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 10:13:57 PM

I have to agree that having "coin" in the name is cumbersome, and overplayed. Its not a big deal, but I would support it if the devs and community decide to change the name to just Spectre. Like others have said, I too was sceptical of this coin at first, but in recent months it has grown much more promising. Best of luck guys, look forward to seeing how this coin turns out in a year+.
HippiePyro

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

A non technical guy in a technical world

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:01:49 AM

I believe SPEC and Spectre were taken when the devs started this project. That's why they went with Spectrecoin. I do agree that a name change would help, but it is not a deal breaker, the tech works and is getting better. The name change was discussed in slack channel and I believe a decision to keep it was reached
And there is already another "group" using Spectre for their "exchange".(scam, stay away. I having a feeling that's where that spectin account that made the BS novel post)

HippiePyro

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

A non technical guy in a technical world

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:05:59 AM
Last edit: September 29, 2017, 02:51:38 AM by HippiePyro

does anyone have the skills to make a solid signature for the project?

Code:
[center][url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2103301.0]▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬ ▬▬  SPECTRE  ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Anonymous  ●  Secure  ●  Untraceable[/center]

The others can be found here, but I don't have time atm to edit the links, if you know how to replace them.  Sorry guys. Html code is a pain to do on a mobile.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1704473.0
Virtuoso
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:20:14 AM

Spectrecoin is a good name. But i don´t like that a other group use the name spectre. Angry
VeeTeaSee

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:52:05 AM

What is he talking about? the design is of the symbol is beautiful and the wallet design is great..
and the name is fine.. :|
Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:46:42 PM

But what is the reason for mixing up all those anonymity technologies? I mean, did you thoroughly think about it and then came to the conclusion that that is the superior anon solution? Or are you just going to do it for fun?

First off, I didn't found this project Wink I'm not exactly sure how mandica came to the idea of doing it this way. I think that doing ring signatures via Tor is a good way to make an anonymous currency, and then again, the actual goal of this project is to have a decentralized system to exchange XSPEC to cash via mobile phones with other people. There needs to be some foundation for that, they could have chosen to base it on Monero or something different, but maybe they found that it's too complicated and too big for this purpose, so they based it on ShadowCash instead. Tor+Ring sigs are a very sleek solution that combines network privacy with transaction privacy. So it does the job well. You could maybe argue whether this is the "best" solution, I don't know. But I don't see anything wrong with it, either.

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
I AM THE TRUTH

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:06:02 PM

What is he talking about? the design is of the symbol is beautiful and the wallet design is great..
and the name is fine.. :|

The symbol is beautiful but it looks 2D. It needs to look 3D.
It needs dimension then it'll be perfect.

Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: