Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:14:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth!  (Read 94820 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
VEEGOLD

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

Iron sharpeneth iron BTC 13TZeA5bWGfrAsUqbnAUiQHhq

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 05:04:08 AM

Spectreproject Weekly Update
Saturday, September 23rd – Saturday, September 30th
Kind of a slow week in the world of xspec.

Slack numbers - Fifty-six new members joined the Spectreproject Slack channel for the week. Slack also reports there are now 812 people registered.We DO back out the deactivated ones since between myself,@jbg and @spectreproject we keep them pretty well cleaned up  It seems to be subsiding some this past week…..only 18.

Dev Nuts and Bolts - Jbg reports he and Bryce still have their nose to the grindstone on v1.4 and coding it for alpha testing the month of October. Just to remind everyone it’s bringing the client/wallet up to QT5 code. It is a major overhaul but will be well worth it in terms of stability, ease of use and ease of mods by the devs. Testing is ongoing and intense.
Jbg also mentions, he’s been trying to assist users having build problems  for linux versions to determine the problem.

Closing Comments - There is a lot of activity and ideas in the Spectreproject community currently happening. Both new and old members are working hard on ideas for publicity and getting the word out on Spectrecoin.

We only ask that before anything is released to the public that it be vetted for accuracy.

It is amazing the power of people from around the world working together and what they can accomplish.

In closing, here’s some thoughts on cryptocurrency in general and Bitcoin specifically….the dominant player in the world of crypto currency.

It’s still very early in the life of Bitcoin….there are only 16 million of them. Think about 16 million people owning one Bitcoin each. That would be the population of Houston, Texas and Chicago, Illinois owning ALL the bitcoin. A very tiny amount. Instead of each Btc worth less than $5,000 …..it should be far more. But it will take time,  just as it take time for xspec to grow and be a part of the crypto currency eco system.

Please be patient and enjoy the journey…...Spectrecoin will be having it’s first birthday  pretty soon…..many,  if not most coins don’t make it that far.

We’re looking to a celebration with all of you next month, the one year anniversary of the ICO
Launch of the project we know as Spectrecoin.

Have a great week!

Beachguy

“To succeed in life...... you need two things ignorance and confidence.”   
                                                                                                                                                              -Mark Twain 1835-1910

thanks for the update good days ahead for XSPEC

Buy some Spectrecoin now
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vovannovig

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 02:38:07 PM

https://themerkle.com/anonymous-crypto-spectrecoin-now-with-tor-obfs4-integration/?utm_medium=push&utm_source=onesignal&utm_campaign=traffic%20boost&utm_content=extended%20%traffic%boost  Wink
Noruka

Activity: 910
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 03:05:29 PM

But what is the reason for mixing up all those anonymity technologies? I mean, did you thoroughly think about it and then came to the conclusion that that is the superior anon solution? Or are you just going to do it for fun?

First off, I didn't found this project Wink I'm not exactly sure how mandica came to the idea of doing it this way. I think that doing ring signatures via Tor is a good way to make an anonymous currency, and then again, the actual goal of this project is to have a decentralized system to exchange XSPEC to cash via mobile phones with other people. There needs to be some foundation for that, they could have chosen to base it on Monero or something different, but maybe they found that it's too complicated and too big for this purpose, so they based it on ShadowCash instead. Tor+Ring sigs are a very sleek solution that combines network privacy with transaction privacy. So it does the job well. You could maybe argue whether this is the "best" solution, I don't know. But I don't see anything wrong with it, either.

I think they said that they are planning to integrate all kinds of anon stuff. And then I asked myself whether mixing up those technologies even makes sense or whether that is just done and used as an advertisement slogan. Anonymity has to make sense mathematically, and that's the point where I doubt that they really tried to figure out what the best solution is for the purpose they are trying to pursue.
vanillagalaxy

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 03:42:27 PM

But what is the reason for mixing up all those anonymity technologies? I mean, did you thoroughly think about it and then came to the conclusion that that is the superior anon solution? Or are you just going to do it for fun?

First off, I didn't found this project Wink I'm not exactly sure how mandica came to the idea of doing it this way. I think that doing ring signatures via Tor is a good way to make an anonymous currency, and then again, the actual goal of this project is to have a decentralized system to exchange XSPEC to cash via mobile phones with other people. There needs to be some foundation for that, they could have chosen to base it on Monero or something different, but maybe they found that it's too complicated and too big for this purpose, so they based it on ShadowCash instead. Tor+Ring sigs are a very sleek solution that combines network privacy with transaction privacy. So it does the job well. You could maybe argue whether this is the "best" solution, I don't know. But I don't see anything wrong with it, either.

I think they said that they are planning to integrate all kinds of anon stuff. And then I asked myself whether mixing up those technologies even makes sense or whether that is just done and used as an advertisement slogan. Anonymity has to make sense mathematically, and that's the point where I doubt that they really tried to figure out what the best solution is for the purpose they are trying to pursue.

firstly,can you be more elaborate in which part is making no sense to you ?you seems try to misleading others by using the term of "mixing" here instead of "multi features".

secondly ,can you tell me how to make sense mathermatically? just take the example like dash,zcash or monero and explain please.

zackie

Activity: 174
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 07:15:44 PM

Have you seen this? WTF is going on here? Couldn't they find a different name for their shitty, worthess, useless ERC20 token?

https://spectre.ac/
Beachguy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 05:24:33 AM
Last edit: October 04, 2017, 11:09:52 AM by Beachguy

Seems not.....these days anybody with a brain fart create a "token" and most do nothing....or nothing of any real value.
That's why coin market cap reports 1152  currencies. Crazy isn't it.
A by-product of ethereum.

It will disappear in the rubbish bin of failed tokens

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
EnViRoNmEnT

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 08:51:55 AM

Hey guys, my wallet isn syncing completely. It stays at 99.66% since 12 hours now
i have already created a shortcut and rescanned, but nothing happened Sad
Anyone can help pls? Thank you

Can anyone please help me on this? I dont get it, tried different things but i dont get it to work properly....

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:21:14 AM

Hey guys, my wallet isn syncing completely. It stays at 99.66% since 12 hours now

Can anyone please help me on this? I dont get it, tried different things but i dont get it to work properly....

Join the Slack and share your debug.log in #support_client.

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:25:54 AM

Could you give more details about which "all kinds of anon stuff" you mean? This project combines 2 technologies, Tor and Ring signatures. Nothing more. OBFS4 is an obfuscator to hide the Tor traffic in countries (or corporate networks) which are blocking Tor. The mid-term plan is to migrate to using ring signatures by default and using RS tokens for PoS.

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:28:12 AM

Everybody here join our new subreddit on Reddit.com! Smiley  https://www.reddit.com/r/XSPEC/

EnViRoNmEnT

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 12:31:59 PM

Join the Slack and share your debug.log in #support_client.

Oki already joined the slack and asked for help. Thank you very much for your help

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Smashman

Activity: 144

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 11:59:44 PM

The weekly update was a nice information of whats going on right now. Everything looks promissing to me.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND • SPEND • SWAP • STAKE • ▬▬▬▬▬▬
PT92

Activity: 107

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:06:11 AM

The weekly update was a nice information of whats going on right now. Everything looks promissing to me.

Fully agreed, honestly this project is about to take off. Just look at the coming updates, which will really distinct spectre from any other coin. Can't wait for the app in januari!
Smashman

Activity: 144

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 01:11:38 AM

Fully agreed, honestly this project is about to take off. Just look at the coming updates, which will really distinct spectre from any other coin. Can't wait for the app in januari!
True words. This coin is very unique.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND • SPEND • SWAP • STAKE • ▬▬▬▬▬▬
22justin

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2017, 03:14:20 AM
Last edit: October 07, 2017, 03:28:05 AM by 22justin

is there a staking calculator somewhere ?

and can someone explain how I stake the coins? Do I just transfer them to the wallet and leave the wallet running and it will stake automatically?

Looking for the next 10x Small Cap for Q2 2018? $XBY (dApp Platform, New PoSign Algorithm), $SHIFT (dPoS Decentralized Web 3.0 on IFPS) & $BLOCK (Blockchain Agnostic DeX, atomic swaps)
Twitter: @Vancitycrypto
Bitman86

Activity: 263
Merit: 101

Leo Bitman

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2017, 10:19:12 PM

Wallet: Optimal settings for Staking

To divide, in 10 directions, the total funds in our wallet,
is the number of addresses with the best results when staking.

This conclusion is obtained after testing for two months, with two PCs,
one with Windows 7 and other with Windows 10.

At the beginning you notice a very big difference,
without dividing it can take two months to regularize the flow, of staking funds.
But with funds divided into 10 addresses, the initial momentum is very short,
and may take approximately one week to regularize the flow, of staking funds.

A practical way to do these tests is to create another user on the same device,
so that you have more than one functional wallet on the same device. This is the key.

It is always convenient to divide in 10 or more addresses, the funds that are in a single address,
for reasons of Staking, for reasons of Privacy and for reasons of Availability.

(Special cases ask in Slack. Channel: #staking)

Follow me on Twitter to get free ALIAS: https://twitter.com/LeoBitman
Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 10:23:57 PM

without dividing it can take two months to regularize the flow, of staking funds.

so that you have more than one functional wallet on the same device. This is the key.

It is always convenient to divide in 10 or more addresses, the funds that are in a single address,

I call BS on this. That's not how it works. The reward you get is relative to your total balance, when X is the staking ratio (5% per year), and Y and Z are balances, then X*(Y+Z) = X*Y + X*Z, so it shouldn't make a difference, except when smaller balances would systematically get a higher % per year than bigger balances (which may be the case for some coins, but not Spectre).

Oh and there is no public channel called #staking in the Spectrecoin Slack. Roll Eyes

Bitman86

Leo Bitman

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2017, 10:27:19 PM

and can someone explain how I stake the coins? Do I just transfer them to the wallet and leave the wallet running and it will stake automatically?
You can start here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1704473.msg19825480#msg19825480

Also ask in Slack.

Gandalf86

Coin Mage

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 10:41:46 PM

You can start here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1704473.msg19825480#msg19825480

Also ask in Slack.

Asking in Slack is always a good idea!  Wink

Additionally, the same question was asked (and answered by me) here on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/XSPEC/comments/74td3n/staking_calculator/

Bitman86

Leo Bitman

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 01:41:12 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2018, 02:20:03 PM by Bitman86

I call BS on this. That's not how it works. The reward you get is relative to your total balance, when X is the staking ratio (5% per year), and Y and Z are balances, then X*(Y+Z) = X*Y + X*Z, so it shouldn't make a difference, except when smaller balances would systematically get a higher % per year than bigger balances (which may be the case for some coins, but not Spectre).

Oh and there is no public channel called #staking in the Spectrecoin Slack. Roll Eyes
1º. Clean your glasses and stop seeing BS.

2º. You can not deny reality. My tests are scientific,
they can be repeated as many times as necessary and will give the same result.
Brief mathematical demonstration:
Calling "y" to a unique address and
calling n1, n2, n3, ..., n10 to the 10 new addresses
If x is a factor to multiply to get Staking.
1. z = x * (y) which reduces to:
1. z = x * (0) when address "y" received staking.
1. z = 0         for ~5 hours.

Now consider the case with 10 addresses.
2. z = x * (n1+n2+n3+, ..., +n10) what happens now when an address receives staking? (n2 for example)
2. z = x * (n1+ 0 +n3+, ...,+n 10) now 9 addresses are still staking.
We see in this case that the process is not interrupted, in addition if it has enough addresses,
the process stabilizes, using only less than 10% of its total capital.

3º. There is the staking channel in Slack,
for now it is private but that does not stop anyone from entering,
just ask: @leobitman.

4º. I have already created the user LeoBitman on reddit and soon I will be there,
to collaborate with the subreddit SpectreCoin,  
looks very interesting:
https://www.reddit.com/r/XSPEC

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: