Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:40:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looq ico is scam thread  (Read 1000 times)
NewbCoins (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 07:39:18 AM

Looq ico it is a scam:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2069855.0

The person who did the scam his name is RANDY WESSELS, age 43, he live in Phoenix Arizona.

First, on the website it say looq is industry backed. and it have fake endorsement from Michael Morhaime, CEO of Blizzard Entertainment. You can call them yourself and find they not endorse looq. It is fake quote and fraud to use them. i'm sure they would not be happy about it.

Second, the picture and team members list on the site are fake names and fake picture. the people did not go to those schools and they not work at those companies. they are fake. it's more scam from RANDY WESSELS to steal money from the investor.

Third, there is no escrow and the looq thread is self-moderated. all scam question get deleted. and also there is bot in there that keep post and delete, and post and delete, to bump looq thread to top of ANN all the time. not just once in awhile. but the same bot keep it at the top of looq every day all the time even every two minutes.

RANDY WESSELS, age 43, living in Phoenix Arizona, he is the person who do the scam. He steal over 900 ether ($270,000) since the fake looq ico start. Contact the Maricopa County Sheriff Office and the FBI so he can go to jail.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2017, 08:14:03 AM

First, on the website it say looq is industry backed. and it have fake endorsement from Michael Morhaime, CEO of Blizzard Entertainment. You can call them yourself and find they not endorse looq. It is fake quote and fraud to use them. i'm sure they would not be happy about it.

Second, the picture and team members list on the site are fake names and fake picture. the people did not go to those schools and they not work at those companies. they are fake. it's more scam from RANDY WESSELS to steal money from the investor.
You need to provide proof of either claims (or optimally both). This should save time and make action easier.

Third, there is no escrow and the looq thread is self-moderated. all scam question get deleted. and also there is bot in there that keep post and delete, and post and delete, to bump looq thread to top of ANN all the time. not just once in awhile. but the same bot keep it at the top of looq every day all the time even every two minutes.
That's a classic nowadays.

RANDY WESSELS, age 43, living in Phoenix Arizona, he is the person who do the scam. He steal over 900 ether ($270,000) since the fake looq ico start. Contact the Maricopa County Sheriff Office and the FBI so he can go to jail.
Are you sure that's his real name?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
jogoma12

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 09:16:27 AM

Always a thread about this.

Where does this "real name" come from? Are you sure that you not some accusing someone random?
parashut

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 09:27:51 PM

I do not understand why i sent 0.137 ethereum and got only 41 token loq, but rate is 1eth =4500 loq. no one answers my letters. It is a scam
shewasfourteen

Activity: 686
Merit: 261

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 04:40:57 PM

Ah saw that ANN Thread last week and it looks sketchy to me......
Totally forgot to take a close look.

useless

Activity: 9
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:54:05 AM

It IS A SCAM. From yesterday, their site disappeared, along with karbon.io which was identical and had the same modus operandi.

They were reported to the authorities and companies they claimed to be in partnership with and there was nothing they could do but shutdown and disappear.
NewbCoins (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 09:22:23 AM

yes i did not invest in looq. but if you invest with them. call the fbi or the maricopa country sherriff office. at least one of the scammers his name is randy wessels. age 43, he live in pheonix arizona.
poly13

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 09:55:11 AM

looq is a scam.

I work in the games industry and our community is very very very very small and tight knit.

I hope this info will help.
If a scammer claims to have ties with the games industry.  
Look him up on mobygames.com it's a database for developers.... not listed not a developer simple as that.
Look him up on linkedin. Every producers, director, artist, coder MUST have linkedin, it's pretty mandatory now for HR.
Look him up on GDC  does he attend? Does he give lectures? Does he write articles

Don't buy into ICO's developed by Nobodies.... Do background checks on linkedin.

If any new ICO claims to have ties with the game industry. Send me a PM, I can ask around. I know people who know people.

jorneyflair

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 10:05:10 PM

Sorry for everyone who invested, but it is a scam. I think some people reported them to the authorities and they felt the heat so they just shut down the operation and just ran away with over 200,000 in finds.

Thanks ploy13 for the advice.
DirtyMartini

Activity: 277
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 02:48:26 AM

looq is a scam.

I work in the games industry and our community is very very very very small and tight knit.

Look him up on mobygames.com it's a database for developers.... not listed not a developer simple as that.
Look him up on linkedin. Every producers, director, artist, coder MUST have linkedin, it's pretty mandatory now for HR.
Look him up on GDC  does he attend? Does he give lectures? Does he write articles

Don't buy into ICO's developed by Nobodies.... Do background checks on linkedin.

If any new ICO claims to have ties with the game industry. Send me a PM, I can ask around. I know people who know people.

Great advice poly13.. I didn't go for Looq but I'm researching a couple other things in the gaming space and your advice here is greatly appreciated.. Smiley
poly13

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:00:53 PM

looq is a scam.

Great advice poly13.. I didn't go for Looq but I'm researching a couple other things in the gaming space and your advice here is greatly appreciated.. Smiley

No big deal. I'm glad that I can help out.  Any legit game developer, whether he is a QA, producer,  character artist, audio-engineer, technical artist, art director, level designer it really doesn't matter MUST be listed on mobygames.net for credits. (It's like IMDB but for video games)
If you spot a potential fake ICO, let me know I can look around.
margana

Activity: 153
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 01:14:09 PM

Why is the looq thread still on bitcointalk.org and why hasn't their spam bot "Hung_Daddy" been banned?

cryptovc

Activity: 21

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 06:12:02 PM

Please provide exact details how to report to concerned people, I have invested too and it is not easy to get back those funds..but there is always HOPE on that.. recently PROTOSTARR was asked to shutdown from SEC, atleast we can make an effort to get this guy/group to face the music..
bitcoinentchen

Activity: 334
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 10:42:44 AM

someone should give that guy Hung_Daddy a negative trust
Papski

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 01:01:10 PM

someone should give that guy Hung_Daddy a negative trust

Better yet why are the moderators not banning this obvious bot. Its posting 24/7 tried to report it but i guess they would ignore it. Probably these guys are underpaid cause they are not motivated to do their part.
dunikowski

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 02:08:09 AM

You can add all available info to http://ico.scam.network which tries to aggregate all details about scam ICOs in order to 1.avoid 2.try to report it to police.

Domains details:
https://myip.ms/info/whois/198.54.117.212/k/2533902434/website/looq.io
https://myip.ms/info/whois/198.54.117.212/k/620102983/website/karbon.io

Both use same services and IP, which are:
IP:    198.54.117.212
Hosting service and registrar: namecheap.com (11400 W. Olympic Blvd. Suite 200, Los Angeles, CA, 90064, US) which might be able to forward more details to the law enforcement authorities. Scammer might have used fake ID but maybe he just once logged there without VPN. Silkroad founder got busted this way, so probably some low class scammer forgot his security once too. There are many ways to get to identify such a person.

So if you were scammed, choose to make the world a better place and

report it:
https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx - file a complaint
https://www.justice.gov/criminal-ccips/reporting-computer-internet-related-or-intellectual-property-crime - report a fraud

get some more info:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_service_provider#Law_enforcement_and_intelligence_assistance
https://www.usa.gov/online-safety

other:
https://www.fbi.gov/investigate/cyber - bunch of info
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_police#United_States - bunch of info

Not sure:
https://www.ice.gov/cyber-crimes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: