Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:55:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where can i report a crypto crime?  (Read 21612 times)
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 11:48:34 AM

Where to report a cybercrime?

If your country has regulated the cryptos then should be some laws related to them.  If cryptos are legal in your country then, there must be cyber cell at your local police station; you can go there and register your complain. I am not aware about any special authority who is responsible to look after such crypto crimes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BeastLee

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 01:49:46 AM

You can try but don't get your hopes up if nothing happens. I can imagine many police wouldn't even know how crypto works let alone investigate it.
Zagitta

Activity: 302
Merit: 100

Presale is live!

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:42:59 PM

Same as any other kind of crime, go to the police.

BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:20:49 PM

Going to the nearest police station is a first step, but in most case, they are not trained to react to this type of criminality...
I am not sure they will take efficient actions

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 09:00:23 PM

Internet-related crime, like any other crime, should be reported to appropriate law enforcement investigative authorities at the local, state, federal, or international levels, depending on the scope of the crime. Try to report unbordered crime in both locales; in a ideal case, both agencies will have to communicate in order to share details/evidence in the case, and it should be easier for the agency to obtain records in its own locale. Citizens who are aware of federal crimes (you really dont have to worry about this, but it will save you the time of getting interviewed by more than one agency) should report them to local offices of federal law enforcement instead. If you go to the lowest man on the totem pole with this, then understand they will pass the case up the chain of command, and you will be subject to presenting your case every time it switches agencies.

just because it involves bitcoin, doesnt make it a cyber crime. if you got robbed, or had a paper wallet stolen or snatched, the regular cops work just fine Wink
Kingofbitcoin12345

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 05:38:06 PM

We know how hard to tracked such crime when in fact most crimes committed on internet has only low rate of success.. But in things like this,, trying to report in agencies working around modern technologies and equipments the possibilities is much higher.. Every country and states has that particular office and it would helped much if you contacted or inquired ahead of time when those crimes still undone..

____________yahoo62278 CAMPAIGN MANAGER________  ◥◥  The Best & Most Popular Manager  ◤◤  ____________
ICO Manager          Bounty Manager          Signature Campaign Manager          Twitter Campaign Manager
█████████████████████████   ADD "yahoo62278" on Telegram & Skype   █████████████████████████
alfstep

Activity: 308
Merit: 128

Here I come! Again!

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:55:33 AM

How can I report to police when bitcoin is not even recognized in my country LOL

bubblebit

Merit: 251

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 06:23:56 AM

How can I report to police when bitcoin is not even recognized in my country LOL

I think that is not logical at all, all crimes that harms you or even anyone you know with or without any recognitions by government or law against it as long as it cause damages to you or to your family. Can be reported on any local police and be investigated by the authorities for any reason. That's what they we're mandated to perform. I don't think they have the right to refused for in the first place they are public servants.
Blocken

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Crypto Lobbyist

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2017, 08:37:39 PM

I think that is not logical at all, all crimes that harms you or even anyone you know with or without any recognitions by government or law against it as long as it cause damages to you or to your family. Can be reported on any local police and be investigated by the authorities for any reason. That's what they we're mandated to perform. I don't think they have the right to refused for in the first place they are public servants.

Well, the problem is that whatever happens with Bitcoin effectively pretty much happened in another country. What are the police suppose to do? Hire a bunch of hackers?

Crypto Advocate. Talking to peeps. *Not Lawyer
Block¤Nebula
Support my lobbying: 15CUf3MzfCCyHX638c1x47fg43A
bubblebit

Merit: 251

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 05:01:24 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2017, 05:50:57 AM by bubblebit

Well, the problem is that whatever happens with Bitcoin effectively pretty much happened in another country. What are the police suppose to do? Hire a bunch of hackers?

Do they really have to hired any hackers? I don't know if your aware of your countries ability or specific agency to be on topped on this. I think it only shows how you belittle your own countries technological capacity on providing protection to your own citizens. Maybe your right in some point that every country have different adaptation toward cyber warfare so I understand. I think you now need to check for your country and criticize them for they're incompetence.
Blocken

Activity: 70

Crypto Lobbyist

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2017, 06:36:44 PM

Policing agencies can use bitcoin for tracking. The problem is they need pre-existing targets to make it very useful. If you are hacked then you can show them your address, but by the time they get to you, who knows what has happened to the bitcoin. Who knows if the private address holder is in your country. Unless it's repeatedly used by bad people, like for terrorism, they won't have any way to go out and reclaim it. It's like if someone steals a $20 bill from you. Even if you have the serial number and it gets read at a bank one day, that doesn't invalidate the other 100 transactions it has legally been used for, at all.

But no matter what details you have, literally unless it's your cousin whom has your Nano Ledger in his glove box, they can't recover anything for you. And even at that, there may not be any funds left on it. No government can force a change on any cryptocurrency ledger that is decentralized.

Crypto Advocate. Talking to peeps. *Not Lawyer
Block¤Nebula
Support my lobbying: 15CUf3MzfCCyHX638c1x47fg43A
miguelmorales85

Activity: 544
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 08:40:53 PM

I think that depend on the country you live in. Not every country has a cybercrime department or even a cyber crimes laws.
I think we are not yet developed in order to follow a real cyber crime and catch the perpretrator of such crimes... sad history.  Sad
sishahid

Activity: 212

I am a Professional Graphic Designer

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:08:01 AM

which kind of crime was happened, that I don't know. You should go your area's police station. Simply you can describe what you have seen or about crypto crime that you have faced. Most of the police department has a special branch for cybercrime, you may have to go there.
tweetbit

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 10:58:46 AM

New police force is mandated to one specific cases like scam site, pyramiding by using internet and social media platforms, hacking, identity theft and even bitcoin related crimes. They are part of the National Police force but belong on cyber crime group. It is as far as I know in our country, maybe it is different in every country. Like USA with CIA c/o Cyber crime division.

HODL
doyeen

Activity: 97

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 12:02:14 PM

cybercrime investigating department
m. yasir

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2017, 05:10:17 PM

You can go to the nearest Police Station, you can report about your complaints hopefully can be resolved as expected
rausvi15

Activity: 806
Merit: 507

Trusted Campaign manager

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2017, 06:36:26 PM

If the Cryptos are legal in your country then you can file the complain at the nearest police station, their cyber cell will investigate such crimes. But if its illegal then think you can not report such crimes to anywhere.

dave4925

Activity: 134
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 06:48:25 PM

I think the FBI has the tools to deal with a crypto crime.  You can check with local or state police in the USA and see if they have the tools and knowledge to make an arrest for a crime, and prosecute the crime and have the charges stick and compensate you for your losses.

1BTcdaveJEX8SrLb62YSLY7r3W9P8XQYBN
kimochidesh

Activity: 518
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 07:31:55 PM

If Crypto-currency is legal in your country then go to your nearest Police station, they will refer your case to Cyber Cell. But if it's a BITCOIN transaction then it could be really difficult to catch the culprit. Still Report the crime ASAP.
But if are from a country like Bangladesh, Thailand etc where Crypto is Illegal, Don't ever go to Police station otherwise you could be behind the bars. Rest at your place and forget the incident.
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 08:46:54 PM

If you live somewhere in the UK or America then the law enforcement might do something about it but if you leave in Africa, I guess you should not bother because its going to be a complete waste of time either eay, its good that the complaints should come for documentation purposes but don't expect your fund will be recovered in the first instance.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: