Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 02:27:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1070 GTX owners, what are you mining now?  (Read 5814 times)
BobBoulder

Activity: 140
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:15:50 AM

I was mining ZEC for the past few weeks. With the boost to Cryptonight I decided to take a chance and download the Nicehash legacy miner and then point my 4x GTX 1070s at only mining that.  The result varies but I am putting out 2760 H/s at around 390 watts from the wall for my entire system.  That is the GPUs operating at about 35 TDP, although I have the limit set to 80% it never gets more that 35%. Not quite sure why that is but my hashrate seems to be okay.  I am averaging around 6-9 USD per day at this point.  I figure I will keep doing that until Bitcoin Gold figures itself out and then switch to that for a short time to see how that goes.

As I wrote in my previous post, yesterday I switched to NiceHash. That was my first time to use NiceHash and I installed newest version. Today, when I checked the RIG I was not satisfied. One GPU was completely out of work. RIG didn’t recognize it anymore. I had to restart the system. I left everything by default. I only benchmark GPUs. I have a similar configuration like you 4x GTX 1070 and I have one question.
Did you uncheck some algorithms? In the Mining stats I can see that RIG tried to mine Lyra2Rev2, DaggerHashimoto,  Decred, CryptoNight, Equihash and Blake2s. Unpaid balance for 12 hours is 3.46 USD.
umine

Activity: 405
Merit: 136

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:45:26 AM

I was mining ZEC for the past few weeks. With the boost to Cryptonight I decided to take a chance and download the Nicehash legacy miner and then point my 4x GTX 1070s at only mining that.  The result varies but I am putting out 2760 H/s at around 390 watts from the wall for my entire system.  That is the GPUs operating at about 35 TDP, although I have the limit set to 80% it never gets more that 35%. Not quite sure why that is but my hashrate seems to be okay.  I am averaging around 6-9 USD per day at this point.  I figure I will keep doing that until Bitcoin Gold figures itself out and then switch to that for a short time to see how that goes.

As I wrote in my previous post, yesterday I switched to NiceHash. That was my first time to use NiceHash and I installed newest version. Today, when I checked the RIG I was not satisfied. One GPU was completely out of work. RIG didn’t recognize it anymore. I had to restart the system. I left everything by default. I only benchmark GPUs. I have a similar configuration like you 4x GTX 1070 and I have one question.
Did you uncheck some algorithms? In the Mining stats I can see that RIG tried to mine Lyra2Rev2, DaggerHashimoto,  Decred, CryptoNight, Equihash and Blake2s. Unpaid balance for 12 hours is 3.46 USD.

Switching algos, On/Off miners reduce daily income considerably. But sometimes (like Cryptonight now) for different cards Nicehash is the best choise. You can use only stratum properties of Nicehash and your "own" miner without using NH software

BitBustah

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 10:16:24 AM

Try your hashrates here:
http://pools.you-stupid-woman.com/
5thFear

Activity: 1260
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 10:58:10 AM

Hi, I have an 8th GPU mining rig, Ive been using nicehash since I brought the equipment GTX 1070 is doing today aprox 2.2$, do you have any other suggestions, other miners and what about dual mining? Huh

ok i have a similar yet different question.. i have actually 2 nvidia graphics card and both r of 2 gb.. electricity is free,. what should i mine ?
halker2010

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

The harder your life is the more meaning it has.

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:43:46 AM

Hi, I have an 8th GPU mining rig, Ive been using nicehash since I brought the equipment GTX 1070 is doing today aprox 2.2$, do you have any other suggestions, other miners and what about dual mining? Huh

ok i have a similar yet different question.. i have actually 2 nvidia graphics card and both r of 2 gb.. electricity is free,. what should i mine ?
Zen or pirl right now it can be really hard to find the right miner for 2gb gpus but it is possible.
kelstasy

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain Close

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:11:30 PM

Good read will follow this thread, planning to build a rig with 1070's this coming Christmas since there's no much gain in 1070ti's.

★★★★★★★ BLOCKLANCER ★★★★★★★
★ Freelance on the BlockchainVISIT US! JOIN BOUNTY
The first Decentralized Autonomous Job market (DAJ)
Instantpanel

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:20:36 PM

Ethereum at 31.9 MH/s per card. Planning to mine Bitcoin Gold once mainnet gets activated
atronax

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:45:20 PM

Really nice multialgorithm card. Far more better than rx's. Was mining zcash before and currently gathering ethereum. 30 mhps and temperature is just 53 degrees.
RealSwissMiner

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 06:00:29 PM

Really nice multialgorithm card. Far more better than rx's. Was mining zcash before and currently gathering ethereum. 30 mhps and temperature is just 53 degrees.

Yes mining ETH @ approx. 31MH/s with 62% PL. They really do stay cool.
Mining Equihash with the RX's is a pain and it already annoyed me multiple times that I can't switch to theses coins with the AMD rig.

Mining and investment blog - https://swisscryptominer.blogspot.ch
dumada

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:38:28 PM

Yes mining ETH @ approx. 31MH/s with 62% PL. They really do stay cool.
Mining Equihash with the RX's is a pain and it already annoyed me multiple times that I can't switch to theses coins with the AMD rig.

I think the 1070 is also good for mining.
shibob

Activity: 672
Merit: 154

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 05:41:56 PM

Back to mine FTC and VTC after 2 weeks switched to XZC, I got few coins with just 2 rigs of 1070.
So I'm thinking to purchase more 2 rigs of RX580 which is cheaper in here now, or build 1 rig of 1070 for more options on mining. Btw, ETH price is a way high now.
Etherion

Activity: 512
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:04:26 PM

7 x 6 1070 mining XZC. Power is expensive where I am so the income/expense ratio is great with XZC.  if power was free i would mine neoscrypt coins.
oddity2505

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:13:15 PM

In my rig I have only 1 Gigabyte GTX 1070 and Nicehash has switched it from some days to Lyra2rev and is making about 0.0003 btc daily. Profitability has gone down everywhere, in Zcash is doing about 0.00024 btc daily which sucks. In Ethereum I don't know why I can't make it to work in Nicehash, max it makes 5 Mhash (don't bother helping me, I have tried everything).
Update your windows to the latest version. 4-5 Mhash on ehereum is a typical hashrate for older builds.
halker2010

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

The harder your life is the more meaning it has.

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:35:18 AM

I went to bitcore again 26 mh/s its quite profitable.
mark_salcedo618

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:52:03 AM

my target coin to mine which I put my investment is XEM. I believe on NEM's technology that can surpass the expectation of partnered merchants. This is the ONE SUCCESSFUL Coins that I have in my mind.
Makak4R

Activity: 266
Merit: 111

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:00:28 AM

try BTX (bitcore) coin, it gives nice weekly bonuses
and the price is very stable and nice now
though because of this the diff is rather high
BobBoulder

Activity: 140
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:54:18 PM

Switching algos, On/Off miners reduce daily income considerably. But sometimes (like Cryptonight now) for different cards Nicehash is the best choise. You can use only stratum properties of Nicehash and your "own" miner without using NH software

Hi Umine, You re right about switching algos On/Of and daily income but what I experienced as a problem with automatically switching is the problem with the electricity consumption.
For example, I mined the Cryptonight and I was happy with the electricity consumption.
Then I noticed that nicehash automatically switch to another algo which made me the difference in the electricity consumption for two-thirds and the difference in profits was not even $1.
samsan

Activity: 53

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 01:13:18 PM

7 x 6 1070 mining XZC. Power is expensive where I am so the income/expense ratio is great with XZC.  if power was free i would mine neoscrypt coins.

profitability of zerocoin ?
marti718

Activity: 27

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 01:18:31 PM

Mining Sumokoin with ccminer cryptonight algo. Getting 720H/s and using about 89w a card. PL 80%, CC +150, MC +800. Runs cool, low electric and the coin is a fork of Monero.
samsan

Activity: 53

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 01:35:32 PM

try BTX (bitcore) coin, it gives nice weekly bonuses
and the price is very stable and nice now
though because of this the diff is rather high

tell me which pool and wallet you use
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: