Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:52:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Crypto Research  (Read 267 times)
titanresearch (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 01:25:29 PM

Hi all,

I am a finance professional with close to a decade in research, running a business and investments. I've seen it all - pump and dumps, and real projects and the pattern of investor behaviours in each. With the recent influx of ICOs, and market developments I was wondering if people would find value in a research service for ICOs and the general market. The key difference between my offering is that subscribers would be my customers and I would not be paid by any ICO to promote (therefore I can tell you if I think a project is sh*t and continually warn against it).

In my travels through crypto land I've gone into the blockchain to look at ICO fundraisings at the transaction level and often find bizarre behaviour (what I conclude is often insider dealing).  Other times these dealings may occur but the projects are actually quite good.

I'm not here to write FUD but I do think there is a need for an objective voice who understands the economics of coins and has experience from the "old world". While this is a new frontier, the laws of economics ultimately apply because we are humans. Also my clients would be subscribers and I would be writing on their behalf versus getting paid to promote some coin. I've been around the block and see a lot of buzzwords used in white papers these days.

Does anyone think this would be valuable? I'm considering charging a very small fee per month (paid in BTC). It's research I'm already doing myself but think it would be of value to discerning individuals.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1176

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 04:42:40 PM

I think you'll find that most people participating in ICO's are gambling and playing around with small amounts. The market is saturated by people trying to predict the next big thing, when there is little need for any ICO's in the first place. There is a lot of free information and so-called experts out there, so you would need a proven track record if anyone is going to pay money to you. I'm not sure how many "serious" investors in ICO's actually exist and they'll be the only ones who can afford a monthly fee.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
titanresearch (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 06:14:46 PM

Sadly I suspect you may be right with regards to the market I'm targeting. My track record is like a lot of people who got involved pre-2017 in BTC,ETH so don't think that's a big differentiator there. A big part of my philosophy is to look at projects/networks where there is an ecosystem vs a coin which has kept me out of some much hyped projects that go nowhere but down.

I wanted to offer a service to evaluate the new generation of tokens. While most are scammy I do find that some are trying to build an economic structure into their token. At that point the exercise resembles valuing a financial security and trying to discount the risks of execution.

Thanks for your input!

alikaya58

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 12:47:12 AM

Good luck.  Smiley

fidentiaX

Activity: 187
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 03:45:37 AM

Sadly I suspect you may be right with regards to the market I'm targeting. My track record is like a lot of people who got involved pre-2017 in BTC,ETH so don't think that's a big differentiator there. A big part of my philosophy is to look at projects/networks where there is an ecosystem vs a coin which has kept me out of some much hyped projects that go nowhere but down.

I wanted to offer a service to evaluate the new generation of tokens. While most are scammy I do find that some are trying to build an economic structure into their token. At that point the exercise resembles valuing a financial security and trying to discount the risks of execution.

Thanks for your input!

there are quite a few ICO rating sites out there and they would be providing similar services without charges. Alternatively, you could explore having a tiering system whereby higher tier member receive more in-depth research and signals?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: