Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:43:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: cant mine eth using nicehash miner?  (Read 456 times)
BOBAN (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 12:11:16 AM

hi all...I am having a problem with mining eth and decred using nicehash miner.  I have a single rx 470, the benchmark for decred fails no matter what setting i use.  now, the other strange issue is that eth benchmark works, gives me a hashrate of 20.219, but the miner itself doesnt seem to be working.  It recognizes the GPU, says it connects to the ETH stratum server, then times out with this message:

"Socket was closed remotely(by pool)
ETH: job timeout, disconnect, retry in 20 sec...

I also tried using the version of the driver recommended by the miner, 16.12.2, but that didnt work either., and 15.12 doesnt install vga driver for my card, so i went with the latest one from amd.  Also, i am using nicehash miner v1.7.5.13, and i have tried the newest alpha 2.0 miner from them to no avail.  Please help!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BOBAN (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 02:36:28 PM

hi all...I am having a problem with mining eth and decred using nicehash miner.  I have a single rx 470, the benchmark for decred fails no matter what setting i use.  now, the other strange issue is that eth benchmark works, gives me a hashrate of 20.219, but the miner itself doesnt seem to be working.  It recognizes the GPU, says it connects to the ETH stratum server, then times out with this message:

"Socket was closed remotely(by pool)
ETH: job timeout, disconnect, retry in 20 sec...

I also tried using the version of the driver recommended by the miner, 16.12.2, but that didnt work either., and 15.12 doesnt install vga driver for my card, so i went with the latest one from amd.  Also, i am using nicehash miner v1.7.5.13, and i have tried the newest alpha 2.0 miner from them to no avail.  Please help!

Never mind, I was able to figure out the problem, which was a security setting in my router.  For those of you new to nicehash and it's miner software, and if you have an asus router, you need to disable vulnerability protection.  I don't know how or why, but turning this off worked for me, and my miners are now hashing away merrily.  Moderators, please mark this thread as solved, so that it can help anyone else having this same problem. 
plasmodesmata

Activity: 402
Merit: 109

my Beans can beat your Beans in a fight

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 02:44:16 PM

glad you were able to fix it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: