Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:01:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: please delete  (Read 18343 times)
edmundedgar

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

https://www.realitykeys.com

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 07:46:15 AM

I propose a mechanism in this thread. I fail to explain myself clearly, but DeathAndTaxes is able to understand me and writes a more comprehensible summary in this particular post:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=66327.msg772010#msg772010

Cunicula, replied to you on that thread.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bobdude17

Activity: 454

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 06:07:10 AM

Could you somehow use the miners as the trust third party? They are mining and supporting the system anyway.
gollum

Activity: 434

In Hashrate We Trust!

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 01:36:04 PM

Hi all,

I have done some research on p2p bitcoin exchanges. As far as I understand, the project of this topic does not have any code yet. There's another p2p exchange project which does have code: DarkExchange (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=27055.140). However it's running into troubles and they haven't figured out yet that coloring is the solution. Actually the bitcoinx project did find that out, AND it has code AND it has a website. I've discussed matters with user "ConceptPending" and it looks like we're joining the bitcoinx project. I'm sorry if I'm stealing away people now, but at least you should be aware of similar projects.

I believe bitcoinx is part of the solution but not the entire solution. Some people are critisizing the coloring of bitcoins in large scale.
My idea: we need to create a IOUcoin in the end where bitcoinx colors the IOUcoin, the IOUcoin will always be worth zero, but the IOU contained may be worth 1 cent or 1 billion dollars depending on what the IOU states. IOUcoin will therefore be inflationary so its value always will be zero, or at least close to zero (like paper you buy to sign contracts, the paper and the ink to sign the paper might cost you a couple of cent but not more)
perfectwriters45

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 05:21:35 PM

Anonymity refers to interaction with internet using ways that protects a persons’ identity from being shared with a third party. Various forms of anonymity exist in the current technological field and use of internet at large. Some types of anonymity that have been in existence since time immemorial. In the past, the phenomenon of anonymity was used to hide one's real identity when transacting online and indulgence in activities that require individual to hide personal identity for security purposes entirely and to keep sensitive information out of public reach.
Initially, before Facebook and Google became significant platforms on the internet, the old web supported identity that remained separated from real life. This phenomenon is gradually disappearing from the internet computing scene. The pursuit of authenticity is crouching into the heart of social platforms and current online landscape largely shapes how people engage with others and online content plus related activities.
Facebook and Google offer platforms that offer confidence that individual is really who they say they are. This authentic identity is not anonymous since facebook profiles, and Google IDs are linked to individuals’ real names and connections. Signing up and logging onto other web platforms using this identity is aggregated version of one’s offline past, online present, and future.
When an individual purchases items or hire for services using PayPal or on eBay’s commercial website, a person is not required to disclose full information to the distributors hence this aspect hides and protects individual’s identity. There are quizzes websites such as Formspring that support asking for anonymous questions to online visitors that are known to obtain responses regarding specific issues. These sites promote asking anonymous questions and get answers to enable provision of better services and technological improvising.
Presently, there are anonymous flirting and networking online resources that enable people to tease with others without revealing their real identities. Such anonymous forcing and networking platforms include LikeALittle, Chatroulette, and Omegle. They support the connection between individuals with the disclosure of whom they are, and eliminate personal prejudices in people and encourage free interaction between people.
There is also anonymous blogging and posting in the present internet interaction. Users can interact with others on the network, blog and post ideas and sentiments anonymously. Twitter supports anonymous accounts. Other websites like BlogSpot and tumbler support anonymous blogging and posting.
It is therefore essential for people to use combination Tor browser and 4Chan since Tor offers back-end anonymity that complements 4Chan front end anonymity. Considering online transactions, it is crucial for a person to maintain a high level of anonymity so malicious users cannot obtain your real identity and relates information that can be used to fraud money and other monetary resources. Before the use of credit cards and other wire transfers dramatically exposes one integrity and do not protect a person’s sensitive information. The introduction of cryptocurrency such as Bytecoin provides an option where one can pay for goods and services using the digital currency which is untraceable and does not expose private information. This element of anonymous transaction protects individual’s identity and hinders sellers from gaining knowledge that can be used to solicit them in future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: