Bitcoin Forum
August 08, 2024, 08:40:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin as Online Gaming Currency  (Read 1609 times)
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 06:28:35 AM

it is actually easily doable.
and the technology is right there, someone just needs to start building some platform for it and then make it as user friendly as possible so that people can start using it with ease.
for example you can simply implement OpenBazaar and bitcoin to this completely decentralized and peer to peer while using bitcoin payments. but it is not an easy as just opening up a page like steamstore and selling your stuff there. so you will have a big competition ahead.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
LodisMcguire

Activity: 546
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 06:32:01 AM

It's impossible to implement real bitcoin as the game currencies,because it will take a big amount and no one will do that
But as for the buying/selling item in the market with bitcoin,i support the idea,many people will play the game and go farming time to time to get the item and sell it
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 07:10:25 AM

There's an exchange wallet that allows you to buy steam credits directly with your bitcoin, so I think its convenient for some of those gamers out there who use steam. There are also some games that allow you to earn bitcoin I think, one which is similar to minecraft. It has an online platform and I think you're allowed to buy items using bitcoin there, I'm not quite sure how it works though since I don't use it.

Yes, I think it would be awesome for gamers if they were given the option to use bitcoin to buy credits or to directly purchase with the use of bitcoin, also it would attract other gamers to use bitcoin if it is introduced in the gaming world.
Streamlink

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 01:51:08 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2017, 05:09:28 AM by Streamlink

For online gamers and at the same time bitcoiners, don't you think it's fun if online games will adapt bitcoin as their currencies?

MMORPG will be much fun if bitcoin will be used to purchase items/gears you're longing to acquire.

Selling items you have exerted effort to farm and you will receive btc as payment is quite exciting.

I'm referring to direct trading in the market of any MMORPG using BTC.

Just a thought though :-)
That’s not a bad idea, using it as a gaming currency would be a great idea. If the whole gaming community can decide to accept the bitcoin a a mode of payment for games rather than credit card then that would be a nice one.
layoutph

Activity: 1372
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 02:25:52 PM

Correct, thats why game owners developed their own crypto coins so players cannot simply buy in game purchases directly in Bitcoin. Everything must be bought first through their own tokens. And this is a good marketing plan.

in my opinion it is never good to mix games with real money. that will always lead to taking all the fun out of the game because there will be farmers all over the game who will try their best day and night to "farm" items, use any exploit,... and fill the market with those items and earn money from doing so.

but if the items are like a secondary thing to the game, like just cosmetics then it is ok. and there are currently marketplaces (like the steam marketplace) that already do this but with the account balance which is money but not-withdrawable.
Cherylstar86

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:47:00 PM

Correct, thats why game owners developed their own crypto coins so players cannot simply buy in game purchases directly in Bitcoin. Everything must be bought first through their own tokens. And this is a good marketing plan.

in my opinion it is never good to mix games with real money. that will always lead to taking all the fun out of the game because there will be farmers all over the game who will try their best day and night to "farm" items, use any exploit,... and fill the market with those items and earn money from doing so.

but if the items are like a secondary thing to the game, like just cosmetics then it is ok. and there are currently marketplaces (like the steam marketplace) that already do this but with the account balance which is money but not-withdrawable.

I think it's a profitable idea of those gaming owners because most of the previous online games was having failures of their markets due to card type of account items purchases. Having specific crypto coins for the gaming platform that they had is nice and reliable gaming idea on how to earn crypto currency amounts. With this certain idea gamers will appreciate the advantages of using digital currency as well as they can purchase it directly from their bitcoin account accounts if they already have btc balances.
Blamsud

Activity: 503
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 10:26:27 PM

I think it's a profitable idea of those gaming owners because most of the previous online games was having failures of their markets due to card type of account items purchases. Having specific crypto coins for the gaming platform that they had is nice and reliable gaming idea on how to earn crypto currency amounts. With this certain idea gamers will appreciate the advantages of using digital currency as well as they can purchase it directly from their bitcoin account accounts if they already have btc balances.
there are alts now that are used in online gaming. They are too many to mention. Btc can be used to buy some alts that can used to buy some stuffs or accessories on the game we wanted.
tristan1960

Activity: 217

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 10:29:31 PM

there are alts now that are used in online gaming. They are too many to mention. Btc can be used to buy some alts that can used to buy some stuffs or accessories on the game we wanted.

Exactly, the idea of using bitcoins in online gaming seems very promising, but in reality, this is hard due to price fluctuations. Gaming currencies with fixed price would be more suiatable for this purpose.

Gaming currencies will have price fluctuations like bitcoin, but this will be less than bitcoin.
CryptoBeefy

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 10:52:25 PM

Interesting idea. My worry would be, as others have said, it could take the fun out of gaming as you have an asset riding on the outcome. This would make me more tense and I game for fun, which could potentially hinder the fun
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3066
Merit: 602

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 10:56:47 PM

A good idea for the gamers and bitcoin enthusiast but everyone will not agree on this. A gaming enthusiast that wants to make this happen needs to invest bigger money, its like he'll let his players buy in game bitcoin and can also cash it out. This is a good marketing but there should be some fixing first and it needs more effort.

~Rent my sig before BTCTC goes to $100k~
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 11:11:22 PM

I don't think it is a good idea, when you build games that can generate BTC then most of the player will more focus on earning rather than playing and there will be a lot of cheating to try to generate more money and usually this kind of game can't give too many Bitcoin because of the fluctuate price

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
jovs

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 11:16:57 PM

This is a good idea but honestly, I had read some ICO before about a gaming site wherein you can also get Bitcoin. I don't know if it is now open for use. I hope that there will be more game developers to do the same. That would be a healthy competition and it will be nice o have lots of varieties of games wherein you can earn Bitcoin as the same time while playing it.
It is a good to have on transaction. Yet for me there is a lot of altcoin that could serve better on the world of gaming console to bitcoin. Becasue bitcoin is cod better on investments, trading and transaction rather than to be a mode of payment on a specific game developers.
fossilized

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 12:07:16 AM

Definitely a great idea to get crypto into gaming; its almost the same target audience. And there are so many icos in gaming: game credits, hash rush, mobilego...

The only question is then why hasn't it taken off in a big way? I can see two factora: transaction times and ease of use.

A gamer will not want to wait 15 minutes before getting his level 900 weapon, especially when a credit card transaction is processed mich faster. Unless the coin could do off blockchain condirmation, this will forever be a stumbling block. And secondly, established industry players already use credits like steam and Xbox there is just no impetus for change.

theblack_cat

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 12:16:56 AM

maybe the innovation of blockchain to the game is a good progress because the demand is very much, everyone is happy with the name of the game and their needs and technology like this a lot of days developed, especially now that every game users on average reach hundreds of thousands of users even reach millions

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
qwertyup23

Activity: 2282
Merit: 788

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 12:28:18 AM

For online gamers and at the same time bitcoiners, don't you think it's fun if online games will adapt bitcoin as their currencies?

MMORPG will be much fun if bitcoin will be used to purchase items/gears you're longing to acquire.

Selling items you have exerted effort to farm and you will receive btc as payment is quite exciting.

Hmm, there is an option depending on your bitcoin wallet that you can convert your bitcoins to game cash. In my opinion, it does not differ from trading your items to fiat because you can always acquire bitcoin through buying it with money but it would be nice if this was implemented. Though the downside of this is this may be subject to scamming due to the nature of trading. People must transact with people who are honest and well-known in the server to prevent any loss in both sides.
albertorma

Activity: 173
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 12:44:20 AM

This would be so fucking good! There was a minecraft server that worked like that but I don't like minecraft.

Maybe not using bitcoin, but at least using a token specifically designed for that. This is the future.

Mikasa77

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 12:52:14 AM

It is quite a good idea for a bitcoin being an online gaming currency. It is because we can use the bitcoins that we earn in playing games that we want. We also benefit from it from selling and buying some stuff in our game that costs bitcoins. I hope this may happen in the next few years when the bitcoin become more popular.

♦ UNIQUE GAMES ♦     Tower.bet     ♦   DAILY RACES   ♦
██   ██   ██   ██████████████████████████████████████████████   ██   ██   ██
$41,000+ Level Bonuses   ★   300 DOGE Signup Bonus
NetFreak199

Activity: 910
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 12:57:39 AM

This is a good idea but honestly, I had read some ICO before about a gaming site wherein you can also get Bitcoin. I don't know if it is now open for use. I hope that there will be more game developers to do the same. That would be a healthy competition and it will be nice o have lots of varieties of games wherein you can earn Bitcoin as the same time while playing it.
It is a good to have on transaction. Yet for me there is a lot of altcoin that could serve better on the world of gaming console to bitcoin. Becasue bitcoin is cod better on investments, trading and transaction rather than to be a mode of payment on a specific game developers.
Agree with you why we use bitcoin if there is some altcoin to be used by that unlike bitcoin much ok if altcoin than using bitcoin yes bitcoin is ok and good but if there is some much profitable bybthat why not.
suppersz

Activity: 336

There is a day to be born, and another to die

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 12:58:11 AM

Interesting idea. My worry would be, as others have said, it could take the fun out of gaming as you have an asset riding on the outcome. This would make me more tense and I game for fun, which could potentially hinder the fun

there are actually many gamers who game for the grinding of stuff, its not even for fun anymore, its like an addictive job

0t3p0t

Activity: 1638
Merit: 357

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 01:29:34 AM

I am an online gamer too and it is a good idea to make Bitcoin to purchase in game items which online games used to just like steam load. I also am hoping that private gaming companies create a game that the character can collect Bitcoins too I know that most online games uses gold, diamond or any in game currency for the players to collect. Features like players can withdraw their Bitcoin savings in their account to any Bitcoin wallets, can buy items with Bitcoin and can also trade Bitcoins. I played Ran Online, MU and any Online shooting games before when I was in the city and when my job is a computer shop attendant  but I can't play pc games right now because I don't have a computer anymore but if somebody will soon develop a game with the above features I will probably  buy a new pc. Grin

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███