Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:34:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do we own two bitcoins?  (Read 920 times)
shamzblueworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 10:15:18 AM

To you guys who have owned Bitcoin for a while.

As long as you did not have your BitCoin on a bitcoin-stockexchange, during the split, you now have both BitCoin cash and Bitcoin core, right? 

As long as you created your address on BitAddress, and then memorized the address in your head, on a paper or in cold storage, you now have both types of BitCoin, right? 

Is there some other scenario in which you now only have one BitCoin, except for those who had their BitCoin on an exchange during the split?

If you have two BitCoins, how do you go about selling your BitCoins now? And how do you know if you are selling Bitcoin Core or Bitcoin Cash? 

I think even in the exchanges, the amount of bitcoin one held on the date of split, they credited the same amount to their bitcoin cash wallet too, I know this happened at poloniex. Don't know about other exchanges though.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 10:20:34 AM

To you guys who have owned Bitcoin for a while.

As long as you did not have your BitCoin on a bitcoin-stockexchange, during the split, you now have both BitCoin cash and Bitcoin core, right? 

As long as you created your address on BitAddress, and then memorized the address in your head, on a paper or in cold storage, you now have both types of BitCoin, right? 

Is there some other scenario in which you now only have one BitCoin, except for those who had their BitCoin on an exchange during the split?

If you have two BitCoins, how do you go about selling your BitCoins now? And how do you know if you are selling Bitcoin Core or Bitcoin Cash? 

That has been the came question that has been going through my head for a while now, I have been wondering if we own two bitcoins, articles have been springing up from different sources on the web all telling about a new bitcoin cash
I think it is personal. Why would somebody tell you about his holding, that h you many bitcoin he has in his bitcoin wallet. It is I think just like that I asked from someone whom I don’t know that how much money you have in your bank account.

So I think this is irrelative question. I am holding more than one. What you think about this? Is this enough for my future, or I should buy more bitcoin.
Do you even know what this thread is about? Have you even properly read the topic and reply you're answering to or are you just posting some nonsense to increase your post count?

This thread is about Bitcoin cash, not about whether you have 2 Bitcoins or not. Everybody who had access to the private key of his wallet on the time of the split between Bitcoin & Bitcoin Cash received an amount of Bitcoin Cash equal to his amount of Bitcoin at the time of the split.

I really don't see how this could be that confusing for some people....

DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 12:05:00 PM

Yes, we have two bitcoins. We have the original version of bitcoin and the clone bitcoin which is called bitcoin cash. The only difference is, the price of bitcoin (original) is higher or almost x10 of the price of bitcoin cash so it is easy to tell that bitcoin is the best cryptocurrency even there is another kind of bitcoin in the market.
andrew24p

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 12:09:32 PM

you have only ONE bitcoin and will always have ONE bitcoin no matter what is going on in the world of cryptocurrencies.

what you additionally have is an airdrop. there are actually a lot of them. at least 8 of them are currently running and you can claim them as long as you (1) hold your private keys (2) had any balance in those addresses prior to certain block heights.

the active airdrops that i can remember are as follows:
BitCore
Byteball
Bitcoin Cash
Stellar

As much as I hate bitcoin cash, I disagree with you, I dont consider the fork an airdrop. I wish it were, but I find it much more hostile than that.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                                                                                                                         █
█                                                                                                                         █
█          ██     ██       ▄█▄        ██        ██     ▄██████▄    ██████████    ████████    ██████▄                      █
█          ██     ██       ███        ██        ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██      ██ ██       ███      ███     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██     ▄██ ██▄      ████    ████     ██              ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          █████████     ██   ██      ██ ██  ██ ██      ▀█████▄        ██        ███████     ██   ▄█▀                     █
█          ██     ██     ██   ██      ██  █▄▄█  ██            ██       ██        ██          █████                        █
█          ██     ██    ▄███████▄     ██  ████  ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██   ██                      █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ▀██████▀        ██        ████████    ██     ██                    █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
M   A   R   K   E   T   P   L  A   C   E  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

The first token offering total buyback
─────❯❯❯ICO Starts : 28th of November 2017❮❮❮─────

❖TWITTER
❖TELEGRAM
❖WHITEPAPER
❖FACEBOOK
❖ANN THREAD
SLACK
Hasbro27

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 12:44:18 PM

for now i do not have bitcoin because time is bitcoin split i sell my bitcoin, because my prediction bitcoin price will go down, but my prediction is wrong so i do not get bitcoin cash.
ahmedjamal1998

Activity: 714
Merit: 537

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 12:57:47 PM

They're two seperate coins. There is only one BITCOIN. The other altcoin is called bitcoin cash.
They have two separate wallets. When the split happened we had to be an exchanged that supported BCH like bittrex.

We received the free airdrop coins and later on were allowed to trade them, withdraw them and do anything with them.
It's just like any new coin, you have to download its own wallet create a new address and use that.

There is no interference between them as you think that they got mixed up together.
Radoyan1188

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:20:51 PM

I don't have 2 btc. I earn some btc with trade but I don't keep it. regularly I buy other coin and hold it some time this way growth my btc. I use coinbase wallet
Falgorn

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:37:45 PM

And since November this year, after another hard fork, the third bitcoin BitcoinGold may appear. If the two bitcoins have some confusion, then when the third bitcoin appears, this confusion will only increase.
Altas

Activity: 366

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:03:54 PM

And since November this year, after another hard fork, the third bitcoin BitcoinGold may appear. If the two bitcoins have some confusion, then when the third bitcoin appears, this confusion will only increase.
That's not correct. The splitting does not term it to be second or third bitcoin. It gets splitted from the main chain and generating a value for it. Based on the fact it gets added to the list of altcoins and it never gets considered as an bitcoin just because of its name and splitting from the major chain.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: