Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:56:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Diversifying?  (Read 1368 times)
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1497

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 07:06:04 PM

I bought my bitcoin a few years ago now. I was and am a believer, but the massive price increase has me worried that I am now overly invested in bitcoin.

It looks like I have 75% of my money in Bitcoin. Obviously it wasn't always like that, and it with the price rising so much recently, I find myself with a fair amount of money available for the first time in my life!
I know that Bitcointalk probably isn't the best place to ask this, but would you recommend diversifying and if so, in to what?

I was very happy when the price was $1000, but now it feels like I have enough that I could buy a flat or something. It used to be a speculative thing for me, I had invested what I could afford to lose, but now the price has risen so much that it could be easy come easy go, and the price falls back down to where it was last year.

This was really an inspiring story for someone who did invest 75% of his money into bitcoin and not only that he did bought on cheaper prices.This question would really depend on whats on your mind and just follow on the things on what you mind and heart do tell you.You can actually cashout those money you piled up and cherish the profits that you waited for long but i bet you wont really do such thing.In this case if you are asking if its good to diversify then we all know here that diversifying is always be a good step for us too make because we do add up our options or back up plans if one would fail.

Can you read please? He didn't invest 75% of his money in bitcoin. He invested and as the price rose, nowadays it makes 75% of what he has.

To the OP: people here are talking about diversifying in cryptos, but I would also consider diversifying out of the crypto market (apart from metals).
It all depends on how secure your job is, if you have some sources of passive income, if your house is paid or you have to pay rent/mortgage, etc. but if you bought at $1000 you can cash out up to 50% of what you have now and have some cash for yourself and maybe invest in invest funds or whatever but while you remain invested in bitcoin.

Of course, you can also diversify within the crypto world as well but it depends on your personal situation

"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jating

Activity: 2912
Merit: 805

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:12:53 PM

Hoped that you stayed strong along the ride and had made good decision with your fat stack of bitcoins, diversifying is always a old school method to keep your funds stable with market movements, going into big chips like Ethereum, Monero, Dash certainly wouldn't got wrong over the years, supposing your style of holding had paid your efforts, it's good to invest more, learning more from other altcoins/projects to make good market decisions on trading, holding is fun and exciting for me.

Of course diversifying is almost good and what other have preached, don't put your eggs in one basket. I believed in this saying that's why If I'm the OP, I will sold a few and re-invest in in either few altcoins or real state. We never know that future so its good to be at least ready in case something bad goes to your first investment.

In the past, I have a bad experience with my investment because I never diversify. I thought that my investment is already good and can last for long period. Unfortunately, it came dawning at me that I should diversify, but its too late, I already lost almost everything and I did get out of that investment.

So its never too late to spread your portfolio in the following: crypto, stocks, mutual fund and real states or even put up a business that will keep the cash flowing on your end. Old school but still effective in my opinion.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 04:42:50 PM

Just fix some investment - change to fiat as much as you need for life. All other money should be in bitcoin:) May be it will be a good decision to change some bitcoins to portfolio of alternative crypto, but not much 10% or 15%
10% or 15% is highest profit if you saving money in bank lol Grin. Actually earning profit 1% everday still helps us get rich, after 100 day we will x2 our capital and can withdraw this profit for enjoy.
Except for crypto there is no other investment that could potentially give to you 1% daily this is why many people fall for scams, they hear numbers like that and it seems attractive but they do not really understand that a person earning that could become rich in just a few years, so do not expect to get those kind of earnings, it is impossible to get them and if someone tells you that is possible that person is probably trying to scam you.
killerfrost

Activity: 1974
Merit: 254

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 04:58:07 PM

You can diversify a lot of investment and make money from Bitcoin, do not invest a thing, if failure it will make you lose everything. On the other hand, if you diversify your investment, you can get a lot of different sources of income or it can compensate for your failures.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
ORS SA

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 09:33:14 PM

I bought my bitcoin a few years ago now. I was and am a believer, but the massive price increase has me worried that I am now overly invested in bitcoin.

It looks like I have 75% of my money in Bitcoin. Obviously it wasn't always like that, and it with the price rising so much recently, I find myself with a fair amount of money available for the first time in my life!
I know that Bitcointalk probably isn't the best place to ask this, but would you recommend diversifying and if so, in to what?

I was very happy when the price was $1000, but now it feels like I have enough that I could buy a flat or something. It used to be a speculative thing for me, I had invested what I could afford to lose, but now the price has risen so much that it could be easy come easy go, and the price falls back down to where it was last year.

Good day,

My name is Rayne Davis and I work for, ORS, an international software company launching an ICO on April, 28 2018, after successfully collecting EUR 10M in pre ICO within a few days.

The ORS Group has more than 100 IT developers and scientists. It boasts over 20 years of experience in delivering sophisticated A.I.-based optimization software solutions to a large international client base (www.ors.ai).

Their new product, the Hypersmart Contracts, provides access to more than 1,000 proprietary algorithms and hundreds of software solutions to the crypto community community and to established businesses (www.orsgroup.io). At ORS, we envision a global network of entrepreneurs and independent companies empowered by our ABC technology building blocks: Algorithms, Blockchain, and cryptocurrency.
The reason why  We are contacting you because is that we would like you to have the first opportunity to assume an of your influential role as an ORS influencer in the BitcoinTalk community. If you believe in our project, which unites sound business with a visionary mission for a better (decentralized) society: Watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watchtime_continue=2&v=5O3NiXdCzDs

We would be honored to take you on have you as an a key “ambassador“ of our project influencer and give you ORS Tokens for promoting our ICO , in the BitcoinTalk community. Of course we have a good deal for both the community members and for you, as good business (financially solid business) for all stakeholders has always been a key principle at ORS.

By the way, you might be interested to know that we sold last week the very first Hypersmart Contract to a crypto project last week, even before starting our ICO :-) – we think this to be pretty unique in this young industry. Please read the press release here: https://medium.com/@ORS_Fabio/ors-sells-%20first-hypersmart-contract-to-%20eidoo-2243f740469a

We look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,
Rayne.
maaydin

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:43:50 PM

If I were you I would have searched for really promising ICO`s which have a great team and a clear vision along with a working product, by investing on them maybe entering even in a private sale you can make a good income and diversify the portfolio for a long term,
Dragon5

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:08:54 AM

I would diversify if I had anything to do that. Extra money should work, invest it into a project or whatsoever. You should also buy some property - a flat, for example. It's always a good idea to have a flat avaliable, no matter what. So, little investments usually pay off and are no so risky
alyssaxx

Activity: 193

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:21:43 AM

When we are planning of investing it is one of the best method of saving and investment . We shouldn't put all of our money in one investment, it should be spread in other investment form. In investing we didn't know if it will goes up the price for example if it is in stocks or bitcoin. If we spread our investment if the other one losses we still have other to cover up those losses.
Arz26

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:52:05 AM

Might diversify the investments by spreading of wealth among different types of stocks. Then may have noticed that diversify looks like the word diverse, an adjective that describes showing variety and difference. In investment there's a failure or not, the price is not stable and should be wise in investing.
hodlcoiner

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:52:13 AM

ALWAYS take profit, especially in this speculative market. Definitely diversify with a few projects. I recommend leaving just 10% of your money in this market.
icecube45
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 10:39:27 AM
Last edit: April 21, 2018, 12:15:04 PM by icecube45

i hope like you when you act and you act appropriately,maybe now investing in bitcoin is right as i am now,but we do not know about tomorrow whether it will go down or go up and we must believe because we believer.
 which i recommend to you about diversifying is an investment in the property sector,water,technology,and food.the long-term it is definitely needed or you can invest in things that interest you,because something that is interested in the result would be satisfactory.
 I give suggestion for now investment in online world 50% and 50% offline world for balance.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: