Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:33:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are fees going so high?  (Read 1615 times)
vasrasus

Activity: 946
Merit: 500

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 03:38:49 PM

demand, it because demand of people want to send and receive bitcoin. As all we know the difficulty of bitcoin is so high and still rising, miners will need more rig and yeah that's answer it.

It's easier to explain with this words, Miners be like "Pay me more, i will faster your transaction, but if you want cheaper way, you need take a patient sir"

it simple, isn'it ?
When the demand is high,it is the opportunity for businesses to take since no matter how high the fees are, users will still tend to use it. Esp4 the price of btc now is going to the moon we should also expect it to the fees.

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
       ▄████████▀████████▄
    ▄█████████▀   ▀█████████▄
   ████   ▄█▀       ▀█▄   ████
  █████ ▄▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▄ █████
 ██████▀   ▄███▀▀▀███▄   ▀██████
▐████▀    ██▀       ▀██    ▀████▌
████     ▐██         ██▌     ████
▐████▄    ██▄       ▄██    ▄████▌
 ██████▄   ▀███▄▄▄███▀   ▄██████
  █████ ▀▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▀ █████
   ████   ▀█▄       ▄█▀   ████
    ▀█████████▄   ▄█████████▀
       ▀████████▄████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
.Bcnex.The Ultimate   ───2 Millions Orders/s───
Blockchain Trading Platform
..Follow us:..

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

||
LINKEDIN
MEDIUM
REDDIT

▸  BUY NOW  ◂   
ObscurePen

Activity: 385
Merit: 266

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 05:09:57 AM

Yeah, fees are getting immensely high. The main reason is because our total network hash power has been dropping for the past few weeks. The main reason for that is the hardfork. Most miners are finding it easier to mine on the Bitcoin cash network. According to reports, they are getting more profit on the Bitcoin cash network too. Mining pools are supporting them. Especially Bitmain. Bitmain’s constant manipulation of the Bitcoin Cash network has been able to give them record high profits. I also read that the Antminer (I think that is the name) network has created an auto-pool switcher. The miners on the network get to switch to either pools depending on the profitability of mining on the network. We are in difficult times.
smauni
Copper Member

Activity: 484
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 05:37:53 AM

This question is also my. We are not a big erner. we earn little. but for any amount of withdraw we have to give more then 5$ now. This is so  much for us. Day by day it's increasing. Hope it will down again.
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 09:12:58 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2142770.0

https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/tx/a187058b70fde11c2efcebe29e6e0f13d9f2bf049d76cb6d3cacfe80879a413f
2 Dollars sent with a 5 Cent fee, fully confirmed in not even 12 hours.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
unneros

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 09:18:26 AM

as many people are joining in bitcoin ! Massive income of bitcoin come with massive withdraw ! Many transactions must be done in about 1 or more 10 second !  There are different fees from lowest which make you wait for your withdraw longer ! The more faster you want the transaction the more fees you get ! Maybe in future we can expect more bitcoins to be created , because more fees more price of bitcoin ! MORE price more bitcoin !
MrCrank

Activity: 1336
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 09:32:46 AM

I made few transactions today and was been surprised, I use very low fees..
Transactions has been confirmed after few seconds.
How it possible? Smiley

Before, I waiting 1-3 days for confirmation my txs..
BitcoinPricingtool

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 10:47:52 AM

The reason is simple:

* More TX's right now
* Blocks get filled faster, hence, more competition in places
* Same size and regularity of blocks, despite increased number of transactions

The fees are obligatory, BUT if you don't include a decent fee, you risk waiting for ages for your transaction to confirm.
TheBTCAlex

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Back from Vacation!

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 12:11:13 PM

Its the way BTC works, and yes it is really bad for us small time earners. With every block that is mined, the difficulty rate increases, and miners have to spend more power and electricity to mine the succeeding block. Since BTC has is a fixed-size block chain (the cap being 21 million BTCs, the more closer we get to that number the more the transaction fees increases). Each block can only contain a fixed amount of transactions, which means that during times of high network congestion, the fees becomes pretty high, and party also because of the fact that miners depend upon this fees alone to make mining BTC worth it, and without miners, BTC would cease to exist.

This is just how the structure of BTC blockchain works, probably nothing we can do to help change it Smiley

makulo123

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 12:15:43 PM

Bitcoin has been created for many reasons, but one of the most important is "Low fees". Well, currently it is just been being more and more irrelevant. In some way I admire Bitcoin Cash, I really believe that their solution may be the key for this irrelevance. I think that many may agree with me.
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 12:24:59 PM

The main reason for the surge in transaction fees is due to the fact that Bitcoin is getting highly popular and it's price reaching new highs very often. When the amount being transacted is high, the party will often throw in high fees so it gets confirmed within the next block and when there are more and more transactions being piled up, the txs with higher fees will obviously be included in the next blocks by miners.
doomloop

Activity: 2296
Merit: 581

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 11:16:05 AM

Fees is going so high because many people use bitcoin now so it means more user more transactions and miners can't do all the task for that so you need to pay higher fees if you want your transaction to be completed first.
a lot of people are using bitcoin and the importance and the value of the bitcoin is increasing with each entry in this forum so a lot of people are using bitcoin and it is increasing the amount of the fees but it does not mean that ti can reduce the use of the bitcoin but still a lot of people are paying this fees happily because they are getting fast transaction and good profit.

Pidgeon

Activity: 68
Merit: 7

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 11:21:49 AM

Usage is growing, space is limited, not enough segwit wallets.

This was a space meant for something intelligent to be written!
Kronos21

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 11:26:18 AM

This situation leads to a dead end. The miners want to make money and therefore don't want to charge for the transaction was declined. On the other hand, the number of bitcoin users is growing and this growth will continue. For the development of the popularity of bitcoin need to reduce the transaction cost but increase the number of transactions. This problem must solve fork.
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 11:59:02 AM

In my own understanding I think the recent high fees is kind of dependent on the traffic at the particular point in time because I tried doing some transactions and the amount quoted was above $20 in which I decided not to carry on with it due to some encumbrances by the time I retried after few hours the price I paid eventually was a little above $2 which even confirmed within a short period of time.
Akash1243

Activity: 392
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 09:41:53 PM

As the user are growing the transactions will too th is has cause a traffic in network.Miners gives priority to high transactions fees payer so for fast confirmations we have to pay higher.As miners too have to earn some profit in mining bitcoins other wise they would just shift to other profitable crypto currency like bitcoin cash or ether.And this would increase as more and more people have started using bitcoins after this recent spike in value of bitcoins.
libert19

Activity: 2506
Merit: 943

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 12:50:28 AM

Because bitcoin price is so high 😂

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
YellowRiver

Activity: 157

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 10:54:22 PM

In my own understanding I think the recent high fees is kind of dependent on the traffic at the particular point in time because I tried doing some transactions and the amount quoted was above $20 in which I decided not to carry on with it due to some encumbrances by the time I retried after few hours the price I paid eventually was a little above $2 which even confirmed within a short period of time.
You are indeed right my friend. If the load increases on the exchange, the fee goes high and if someone pays the amount, the transaction takes place. That is pretty obvious, when a demand increases of any service, it becomes a little costly. Same is done by miners.
yunita

Activity: 152
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 10:59:57 PM

it is possible to speed up the transaction process to be quickly transported, while also adjusting to the bitcoin price that is now rising steadily, so that the mining interest is always there so bitcoin mining world will continue to be excited Grin
Aztek

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 11:06:13 PM

As the number of users in bitcoin network are increased a lot during the past couple of years the transactions per day is increased and so the transactions fee is raised as its demand is increased. The transaction confirmation is prioritized now the more you will pay the transaction fee (miner fee) the more quickly your transaction will be confirmed.
Bitcoin system follows the principle of law of price demand where the increased of people supporting bitcoin as a from of using it as a mode of transaction it could also be a good way on development and growth to bitcoin price, value, transaction and security making it more capable on being a mode of transaction. And as a user of Bitcoin we should also be a part of its development so bitcoin would have development and growth to its price.
ScripterRon

Activity: 136
Merit: 120

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:23:35 PM

As the number of users in bitcoin network are increased a lot during the past couple of years the transactions per day is increased and so the transactions fee is raised as its demand is increased. The transaction confirmation is prioritized now the more you will pay the transaction fee (miner fee) the more quickly your transaction will be confirmed.
Bitcoin system follows the principle of law of price demand where the increased of people supporting bitcoin as a from of using it as a mode of transaction it could also be a good way on development and growth to bitcoin price, value, transaction and security making it more capable on being a mode of transaction. And as a user of Bitcoin we should also be a part of its development so bitcoin would have development and growth to its price.
True.  As the transaction load has decreased (the mempool on my node currently has just 1,620 pending transactions), the fee has been decreasing.  The estimated fee is now 0.0015 BTC/KB (150 Satoshis/Byte).  Still high compared to last year but much lower than it was a month ago.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: