Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:42:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Transaction validation  (Read 732 times)
jackjack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 09:31:40 PM

Hi,
I made a raw transaction that bitcoin-qt validated (returned the hash with sendrawtransaction) and (I think) broadcasted
The problem is that the miners don't include it

That transaction is quite standard and has 0.03 BTC for fee so I don't get why... Is it possible that bitcoin-qt validates a tx that miners don't accept? I think not because miners use bitcoind too, so the same rules should apply

Irrelevant note: it's on testnet

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 11:39:30 PM

By curiosity, did you get a clue on the cause at the end?

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
piotr_n
Legendary

Activity: 2053
Merit: 1354

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2013, 06:08:18 PM

Hi,
I made a raw transaction that bitcoin-qt validated (returned the hash with sendrawtransaction) and (I think) broadcasted
The problem is that the miners don't include it

That transaction is quite standard and has 0.03 BTC for fee so I don't get why... Is it possible that bitcoin-qt validates a tx that miners don't accept? I think not because miners use bitcoind too, so the same rules should apply

Irrelevant note: it's on testnet
if it did not end up in the node's wallet, it wont be re-broadcasted.
the most possible explanation is that you did not have enough connections at that moment, so your tx did not reach any miner.

restart your client, wait for it to connect to a few nodes and then redo the sendrawtransaction - eventually it should get mined.
if not, you can post it in here, and we can have a look.

Check out gocoin - my original project of full bitcoin node & cold wallet written in Go.
PGP fingerprint: AB9E A551 E262 A87A 13BB  9059 1BE7 B545 CDF3 FD0E
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: