Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:54:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GLDCoin - A Heavily premined coin, does it make sense to mine it???  (Read 5085 times)
kr4x

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 11:08:15 PM

butthurt will always be butthurt, jealousy is the worst disease
thisnewcoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

Convert Crypto at BestChange

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 02:10:29 AM

it's called fairness

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
darkproton

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 03:37:49 AM

First of all, I didn't pre-mine anything.  The coin was released purposely in the noob section so there would be no huge hashrates pointed at it, resulting in nothing buy orphans for the little guy.

Secondly, someone was stalking the IRC channels for the release and had the client somehow (I uploaded a copy publicly too early). Because of this I had to change all the ports, generate a new genesis block and change the IRC channel or else this person could have poisoned the network right off the bat.  This is why the IRC channels are no longer named like "gldcoin00" but are instead "outfit00" or similar.

Thirdly, if they searched git for GLDcoin, likely they had the source code, and easily got compiled it within 10 minutes, hence the head start mining, but whatever head start it was it was to no avail.

Fourthly, many people mined the 10K blocks, many people mined the 1K blocks.  I have nowhere close to 7 million coins.  That number is spread amongst many miners.

Fifthly, I never said 2 million coins were a bounty.

Lastly, I gave away in threads, bounties etc, near 500K GLD.  Today worth anywhere around 250 - 500 LTC depending on the trade and price of the moment.

That's about all I'll say.  No other currency out there has so many people working to advance it (thanks all - it is after all YOUR coin - I only released and support it), and has people spreading coins around like candy.

They are cheap today for one reason, because I purposely designed this currency to be front loaded.  So many people said "you released 14 million coins in the foirst week" - yeah, I know, it was no accident.
F*ck yeah! This is what I'm talking about! Honesty, transparency and a community that IS in it for the coin. HEre here......a new day dawns. Thanks gldcoin!!!!!!.....
kr4x

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 03:42:01 AM

First of all, I didn't pre-mine anything.  The coin was released purposely in the noob section so there would be no huge hashrates pointed at it, resulting in nothing buy orphans for the little guy.

Secondly, someone was stalking the IRC channels for the release and had the client somehow (I uploaded a copy publicly too early). Because of this I had to change all the ports, generate a new genesis block and change the IRC channel or else this person could have poisoned the network right off the bat.  This is why the IRC channels are no longer named like "gldcoin00" but are instead "outfit00" or similar.

Thirdly, if they searched git for GLDcoin, likely they had the source code, and easily got compiled it within 10 minutes, hence the head start mining, but whatever head start it was it was to no avail.

Fourthly, many people mined the 10K blocks, many people mined the 1K blocks.  I have nowhere close to 7 million coins.  That number is spread amongst many miners.

Fifthly, I never said 2 million coins were a bounty.

Lastly, I gave away in threads, bounties etc, near 500K GLD.  Today worth anywhere around 250 - 500 LTC depending on the trade and price of the moment.

That's about all I'll say.  No other currency out there has so many people working to advance it (thanks all - it is after all YOUR coin - I only released and support it), and has people spreading coins around like candy.

They are cheap today for one reason, because I purposely designed this currency to be front loaded.  So many people said "you released 14 million coins in the foirst week" - yeah, I know, it was no accident.

now help us get it onto an exchange please
noelmal

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 07:22:25 AM

I think the gldcoin crowd has been the friendliest most helpful crowd to me as very much a newbie....I thing that counts for alot around here. newbie can get sooooo lost in here Smiley

this should be a fun thing Smiley maybe the only coin I have a chance at mining, though my computers yet to find one lol

DusWN1FSReTocTTBzVYParZ5e5wEcz9wM3
Sting17

Activity: 68

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 09:23:41 AM

I think the gldcoin crowd has been the friendliest most helpful crowd to me as very much a newbie....I thing that counts for alot around here. newbie can get sooooo lost in here Smiley

this should be a fun thing Smiley maybe the only coin I have a chance at mining, though my computers yet to find one lol

WHat sort of Kh/s you getting? and how long you been mining it for?

IMPORTANT GOLDCOIN INFORMATION | Official Gold Coin Website | Official Gold Coin Forum

LTC - LQRSRKHxfv22krMsLw8jsKoSYnnsWpVqAQ | GLD - E4EjCsEgYLsvQRVFuGyJPNwfWNioFxhZv5
AZIZ1977

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 10:13:55 AM

Send you some Goldcoins.
noelmal

Activity: 265

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 02:22:54 PM

[/quote]

[/quote]

like under 1kh/s.....just an old laptop...only mining 2 days....very new at this

wow thank for the goldcoins Tongue

gldcoiners are the best Smiley
kr4x

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 02:26:22 PM

[/quote]

like under 1kh/s.....just an old laptop...only mining 2 days....very new at this

wow thank for the goldcoins Tongue

gldcoiners are the best Smiley
[/quote]

we are the friendliest people on here Smiley
Sting17

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 02:33:11 PM

I'm also pretty new to this only been mining a few weeks and have also found GLD to be the best community. Grabbed afew WDC along the way but dumped them today as the price dropped heavily and also the community seemed more interested in trashing everyone else. Long live GLD I say Smiley

IMPORTANT GOLDCOIN INFORMATION | Official Gold Coin Website | Official Gold Coin Forum

LTC - LQRSRKHxfv22krMsLw8jsKoSYnnsWpVqAQ | GLD - E4EjCsEgYLsvQRVFuGyJPNwfWNioFxhZv5
kr4x

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 02:33:54 PM

I'm also pretty new to this only been mining a few weeks and have also found GLD to be the best community. Grabbed afew WLD along the way but dumped them today as the price dropped heavily and also the community seemed more interested in trashing everyone else. Long live GLD I say Smiley

+1 good to see some new supporters around

welcome Smiley
AZIZ1977

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 02:37:34 PM

I'm also pretty new to this only been mining a few weeks and have also found GLD to be the best community. Grabbed afew WDC along the way but dumped them today as the price dropped heavily and also the community seemed more interested in trashing everyone else. Long live GLD I say Smiley

Welcome aboard and all new Goldcoiners please change avatar logo into the goldcoin logo.
Sting17

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 02:39:23 PM

Welcome aboard and all new Goldcoiners please change avatar logo into the goldcoin logo.

Cheers for the welcome everyone. Will do this tomorrow also Smiley

Petr1fied

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 02:48:44 PM

I'd just like to say this premine talk is BS. As has already been pointed out, it was posted in the newbie section initially so it was good for newbies to get first dibs on a coin for a change.

I didn't find out about it until someone posted about the thread in the alternate cryptocurrencies section some 10 hours later and I still managed to mine over 30k GLD in the space of the next 8 hours before moving on to whatever came next.

I have since sold all this GLD at a rate of 0.0125 BTC per 1000 so in answer to the original posters question:

"GLDCoin - A heavily premined coin, does it make sense to mine it???". As far as I'm concerned, hell yeah.  Grin
kr4x

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 02:51:06 PM

the people saying that it's pre mined is always the same bunch of people
arlington

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 04:13:58 PM

with 7 mil premine and some people promote it,  Grin
if this becomes successful, I'll create an alt coin each day with 1/7 of that premined (i.e. 1 mil).

what a crap!
kr4x

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 04:17:51 PM

with 7 mil premine and some people promote it,  Grin
if this becomes successful, I'll create an alt coin each day with 1/7 of that premined (i.e. 1 mil).

what a crap!

you got any proof of the pre mine?
deac

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 04:25:20 PM

Of course they promote it. They have already hoarded shitloads (instamine/premine whatever) and make a lot of money if it becomes successful. I just don't understand who buys this kind of crap.
thisnewcoin

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 04:33:01 PM

really? dream a pump and dump on this one? I'd better create a new one with no premine...  Grin Grin Grin

●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
thisnewcoin

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:34:49 PM

people need to see this  Grin

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: