Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:06:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy domain name with bitcoin  (Read 459 times)
setifien19 (OP)

Activity: 471
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 03:55:20 PM

Hi bitcointalkers,
Can domain names be bought with bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 04:02:11 PM

Hi bitcointalkers,
Yes, there's some marketplace where you can buy some domain names and host for your site, like Namecheap.com and GoDaddy based on your billing address or country but I don't think if Godaddy still accepting bitcoins this day. And I searched this site also domains4bitcoins.com tho I don't have any experience to buy from them only Namecheap and they are legit and have a great support.

EDIT: Goddady doesnt accept bitcoin. My apologize.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 04:06:08 PM

Yes, I have been buying domains with Bitcoin since last 2 years and there are many reputed exchanges which support Bitcoin as a payment method.

Example: Visit this TLD list for .COM domains and check the payment column where you will see multiple payment options and go with the registrar having Bitcoin as a payment option. I am using Namecheap and had no issues so far with them.

I am not sure if there are any sites accepting alt-coins for domains.
michkima

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 04:09:16 PM

Hi bitcointalkers,
Yes there is, just try to google it and for sure you will stumble upon some of them.
There are plenty of online sites nowadays that accept bitcoins as payment. If you want to use
the big ones like godaddy or namecheap then you can always get a bitcoin debit card with
visa or mastercard, that's easy to do too.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2432

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 04:26:33 PM

You can buy names through the Name Silo market place, and pay with Bitcoins. I sell domain names for Bitcoin as well.
If you mean register a domain name, then Name Silo also takes Bitcoin as payment for registration fees. You can also get a $1 off your first order if you use the promotion code HOTNAMES. I've got about 300 names with them, and I'm moving more to them over the next few months.

If you want to use my affiliate link, it is -
https://www.namesilo.com/pricing.php?rid=03fa233dx

That will take you to the pricing page. - .com transfers are $8.39, and that includes free privacy.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
Hiand

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2018, 04:11:32 AM

You can buy names through the Name Silo market place, and pay with Bitcoins. I sell domain names for Bitcoin as well.
If you mean register a domain name, then Name Silo also takes Bitcoin as payment for registration fees. You can also get a $1 off your first order if you use the promotion code HOTNAMES. I've got about 300 names with them, and I'm moving more to them over the next few months.

If you want to use my affiliate link, it is -
https://www.namesilo.com/pricing.php?rid=03fa233dx

That will take you to the pricing page. - .com transfers are $8.39, and that includes free privacy.

Could not manage BTC payment, but have use your affiliate link and get $1 off. Thank you!
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 09:46:37 AM

I've used Namecheap for my websites and they've worked great. Haven't used any other domain registrar that accepts BTC since I started buying domains as most others I've researched seem to either be unreliable, have poor support, or are outright scams.

You can also always sell BTC for cash or a bank transfer, etc through an exchange or a P2P trading site like LocalBitcoins and use those funds to register at a regular domain registrar. A bit more effort, but you get to use some of the bigger companies to buy a domain this way. Just make sure you deal with reputed traders if you choose to go down this route.
LeGaulois
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 4065

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 10:43:13 AM

Could not manage BTC payment, but have use your affiliate link and get $1 off. Thank you!

You need to first deposit credit in your account balance (with Bitcoin) and then you pay the domain name by using your account balance. You don't buy it directly.

I've used Namecheap for my websites and they've worked great. Haven't used any other domain registrar that accepts BTC since I started buying domains as most others I've researched seem to either be unreliable, have poor support, or are outright scams.

I used Namecheap before since it has bitcoin as a payment option. However, I switched to NameSilo because you have the whois privacy for free and not only the first year. (Namecheap is free for 1 year only). I find NameSilo reliable the only negative point (maybe) is the user interface is so ugly, looking like a website from 1990. But it's something I don't care

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
▄█████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
▀█████████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 12:44:06 PM

However, I switched to NameSilo because you have the whois privacy for free and not only the first year. (Namecheap is free for 1 year only).

Namecheap changed things up recently and they are now offering WhoisGuard privacy for free, for ever!

https://www.namecheap.com/security/whoisguard.aspx

This is what I consider to be a great way for Namecheap to attract more users, because who doesn't love free whois privacy?

The only downside (at least for me) of Namecheap is its marketplace where you can buy or put your domains for sale. It's frustratingly slow and buggy, which is unacceptable for such a major business. It has been like this since 2014 and still nothing has changed in that regard. I stopped using their marketplace because of that. I contacted them several times and they are working on it they say, ya ya.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 12:57:29 PM

~snip~

I used Namecheap before since it has bitcoin as a payment option. However, I switched to NameSilo because you have the whois privacy for free and not only the first year. (Namecheap is free for 1 year only). I find NameSilo reliable the only negative point (maybe) is the user interface is so ugly, looking like a website from 1990. But it's something I don't care
I just took a look at the site and it actually doesn't look too bad in my opinion, but perhaps that's just because I browse sites with designs like Bitcointalk a lot  Grin. I'll take a look at Namesilo in the future for a site, haven't heard of it before but I'll take your word for it- reviews for the site seem decent from what I've seen too, though there seems to be a bit of negative reviews for it on Trustpilot.

Edit: Apparently Namecheap's offering WhoisGuard privacy forever, free of charge (1Referee's post above). I'll still try out NameSilo just for the sake of seeing which is better through a hands-on approach, though.
nicenic

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 09:41:10 AM

Hi bitcointalkers,

I searched this thread through google and can't help stepping in, because we as an ICANN accredited Registrar accepts payment method of bitcoin:

Domain Registrar NiceNIC.NET accept Bitcoin now
https://nicenic.net/news/messview.php?ID=21095

Hope we have the opportunity to serve you.

Thank you for your attention.

Kind regards,
Cici
NiceNIC.NET
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 08:02:16 PM

Domains are registered with the basis of centralized medium with the fiat cash mate actually with netbanking dude.

Please do not go with the none trusted bitcoin paying site which says that domain purchasing site. Kindly go with the site like Wix or Godaddy to buy the domain mate. If you want to go with the any other small sites which is not trustable mate.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 2907

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 09:07:16 PM

How about https://steadyturtle.com/ you can buy a domain and hosting with bitcoin. This is promoted here in the forum for a long time and I think you can get some hosting coupon from here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=972575.0

If you are planning to use their hosting plan you must use the coupon that you can get from their official thread above.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████