Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:42:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ADVICE - How do i make FREE BCH on the next 'hard fork' ??  (Read 883 times)
Dragonizer (OP)

Activity: 279
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 10:26:14 AM

Hi All

Read on FB that a LOT of people made received FREE BCH from last hard fork, how was this achieved ?

I am looking to do so on the next hard fork if possible..

I ONLY mine BTC on Slushpool (130Th) and i am on one exchange (Kraken where i have invested in XRP long term)...

Can anyone advise please as i'm confused ?

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dragonizer (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 07:00:56 PM

Just had an email explaining BCH/last hard fork and it states -

'What You Should Know About Bitcoin Cash                 

If you owned Bitcoin before the split on August 1st, then you also have an equal amount of Bitcoin Cash. Essentially, if you owned 1.5 BTC prior to the fork, you now also own 1.5 BCH. If your bitcoin was stored on a non-custodial wallet (like the Bitcoin.com wallet, for instance), you can access your BCH by using the same private keys. Most popular wallets have already or will soon upgrade to supporting BCH. Most Bitcoin wallets will let you export your private keys, which can be used to move your Bitcoin Cash into a BCH wallet. There are many tutorials on the subject of splitting your bitcoins, but please make sure it’s a trustworthy source. Bitcoin.com published a tutorial on how to do this, available here.

Wallets supporting Bitcoin Cash now include Electron Cash, Ledger Wallet, and Trezor, along with the Bitcoin ABC, Bitcoin Unlimited, Bitcoin Classic, and Bitcoin-XT full node clients. Other popular wallets like Jaxx, Bitgo, Breadwallet have stated they will provide full BCH support in the near future. Well-known exchanges supporting BCH include Bittrex, Kraken, ViaBTC, CEX.io, Huobi, Shapeshift, and many more! A full list of bitcoin exchanges and wallets that support the BCH ecosystem can be found on the Bitcoin Cash website.'

So if i have a wallet with 5 BTC i ALSO now have 5 BCH as well ?

So i have 'accumulated' 5 BCH in conjunction with my SAFE 5 BTC which i hold in an Electrum Wallet ??

That's the way i read it ? Am i correct ?

So do i have 5BCH that i could now claim in some way Huh

Anyone help ?

Thanks

krizniq

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 07:05:37 PM

what about to use search? it's there like fifty times already ....

Looking for investment tip? XBY OMG and ADX, thank me later Wink

If you love me -> BTC: 1JLwEteSwyV3uUXN9dVvSqBnt3nbTHeS6i | ETH 0xb3F6aCa84d2513A444FABcd4dbFb256a82FdE610 Thanks! Cheesy
Dragonizer (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 07:19:39 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2017, 07:43:47 PM by Dragonizer

what about to use search? it's there like fifty times already ....

I have read up - following this -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaRWNdRW9kE

136Gb to download the whole chain !!! I only have 60Gb free !!

Josepht

Activity: 1008
Merit: 515

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 08:25:46 PM

It's easy. If you have a private key from an address that had BTC on them on August 1st, you'll alsho have BCH on that address.
Dragonizer (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 09:27:05 PM

It's easy. If you have a private key from an address that had BTC on them on August 1st, you'll alsho have BCH on that address.

I'm following the above guide and I am in the process of downloading the BCH Blockchain, what i am confused about is WHY you had the use the private key that was linked to the Electrum addresss ? Are the 2 ALWAYS linked ? Is that the full amount of addresses/keys Electrum has ?? I have obviously sinced closed Electrum BUT when i reopen it it will have a different address (dynamic)...Slightly confused as WHY i had that payout address/private key is so important ?? Hope it works !!!!! Cheers

I have my BTC address that Electrum generated when i first installed it over one year ago....Should i have used that and it's corresponding private key ?

Anyway 16 hours to go !!!!

HOPE it works !!!!! It's basically FREE money !!

I presumed when i first read posts that people were swapping their BTC for BCH ! Not accruing free BCH..

Thanks for reply
Josepht

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 10:07:22 PM

You need the private key in order to spend your bitcoins. Usually the client does it automatically, and you don't notice it.

However, when you are on a different pc or for whatever reason the private key is not on your pc, you can import it into your client.
Dragonizer (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 10:14:22 PM

You need the private key in order to spend your bitcoins. Usually the client does it automatically, and you don't notice it.

However, when you are on a different pc or for whatever reason the private key is not on your pc, you can import it into your client.

Yea, i understand that, but i was questioning on HOW Electrum generates keys and addresses.

When i exported ALL my keys/addresses is there a finite amount ? And does each address correspond to each key forever ??

As you stated i needed a generated key before the first fork....

On the guide it stated to use the current one generated..

Eg, My private keys i exported will always be the same and will always be connected to the receiving addresses ?

Cheers
Josepht

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 10:30:25 PM

Yea, i understand that, but i was questioning on HOW Electrum generates keys and addresses.

When i exported ALL my keys/addresses is there a finite amount ? And does each address correspond to each key forever ??

Eg, My private keys i exported will always be the same and will always be connected to the receiving addresses ?

Cheers

I think that whenever you instal Electrum, it generates an X amount of addresses.

Yes, each address corresponds to its own private key forever.

If you have BTC on it before August 1st, it'll have BCH.

Yes, the private keys you export will always be connected to the receiving address.
Dragonizer (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 11:15:23 PM

Cheers

I think that whenever you instal Electrum, it generates an X amount of addresses.

Yes, each address corresponds to its own private key forever.

If you have BTC on it before August 1st, it'll have BCH.

Yes, the private keys you export will always be connected to the receiving address.

Thanks Josepht.

VERY much appreciated and cleared a question i have searched/asked numerous times...

What do do with my BCH now !!! I'm a BTC man....(plus a few rippke because i think at it's a good buy at current price).

Think i will keep until the next fork as i presume another spike.
Dragonizer (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 05:04:27 PM

Still downloading transactions !!

49% completed, 75,000 blocks to go, Est 2 days left, 1 year 19 weeks behind !

Knowing my luck i will run out of HDD at 99% !!!

Anyone tried this guide ?

https://blog.btc.com/how-to-recover-your-trapped-bitcoin-cash-from-other-wallets-24b929543f26

I am VERY weary of entering my seed !!

Cheers
digitalgame4life

Activity: 378
Merit: 105

Active forum member, A+ poster, PM good sign camp.

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 06:12:20 PM

Money makes money, hope you had good amount of btc in order to get some profit on bitcoin cash, if you got like 0,003 its nothing, people who had at least a few bitcoins are the real money makers, still hating that money makes money

Dragonizer (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 06:55:34 PM

Money makes money, hope you had good amount of btc in order to get some profit on bitcoin cash, if you got like 0,003 its nothing, people who had at least a few bitcoins are the real money makers, still hating that money makes money

I will make a GOOD amount mate...BLOODY taking ages !!!!!!

It's still on 40 weeks with 43,000 Blocks to download.....Back to 6 days ....

It was flying at the start ? It downloading ONE block approx every 30 secs...

Nightmare !
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: