Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:38:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Funds stuck in Bitfinex!  (Read 452 times)
Sketch_hs (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 07:54:48 PM

Huh

Funds from selling have been stuck like this for almost a month. No reply from the help email!

How to resolve or am I screwed?

Thanks for any help!

https://i.imgur.com/VBQ9YKz.jpg

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1205

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 07:56:06 PM

Huh

Funds from selling have been stuck like this for almost a month. No reply from the help email!

Thanks for any help!

Can't see  the image

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:02:56 PM

Yes you should use imgur instead.

I've got stuck as well (but not much) because Bitstamp transfered my ETH as a smart contract (doh!) and of course Bitfinex doesn't support that yet. They said on their Twitter that they will answer all tickets soon:

Support Announcement: We promise you we are working tirelessly to resolve your support tickets. Please bear with us!
(source)
Sketch_hs (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:32:07 PM

I need my funds
amaral1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:44:25 PM

Huh

Thanks for any help!

Can you explain what is your problem better? is it the 2 dollars you have in "funding"? because looking at the image i see all your funds as "available".
Sorry for not clearly understanding what is your problem.

██████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
      ██████████▌▐██████████ 
    ██████ ████▌  ▐████ ██████ 
   ██████  ▐██▀    ▀██▌  ██████ 
  ██████  ▌ █▄▄█  █▄▄█ ▐  ██████ 
 ██████▌ ▐██████  ██████▌ ▐██████ 
 ██████  ███████  ███████  ██████ 
 █████▌  ██▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀██  ▐█████ 
 █████                      █████ 
  █████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████▄▄▄▄▄█████ 
   ████████████▌  ▐████████████ 
    ████████████▌▐████████████ 
      ██████████████████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
            ██████████ 

█████████
█████████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████████
█████████

EXCHANGES 

CREX24GRAVIEXBITEBTC

█████████
█████████
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
█████████
█████████
Sketch_hs (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:50:24 PM

The $540 I can't do anything with...  Shows in total but not available....
matt4054
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:11:49 PM

They answered one of my tickets (but not the one that I wanted them to reply to...) a few weeks later.

So, the good news is you have good hope to eventually recover your money, the bad news is it could take weeks given their response rate.

I guess the only option if you don't want to run into the ticket waiting game again is to avoid them altogether.
Sketch_hs (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 11:09:14 PM

It's been weeks already. No response to help tickets
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Merit: 1483

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 11:35:52 PM

They answered one of my tickets (but not the one that I wanted them to reply to...) a few weeks later.

So, the good news is you have good hope to eventually recover your money, the bad news is it could take weeks given their response rate.

I guess the only option if you don't want to run into the ticket waiting game again is to avoid them altogether.

i'm really beginning to fear that we are headed for an exchange meltdown, but i don't know which exchange is most likely to fail.

i've seen dozens of complaints in the past few days (and i haven't been looking for them) about missing ETH withdrawals from bitfinex. that's scary, because they are repeatedly publishing transactions to peoples' histories which don't exist, leading me to wonder how safe their automated ETH withdrawals are. lots of complaints about strange glitches in the interface (like the OP) too.

to hear bitfinex tell it, they have a huge influx of customers and this is the reason for the massive slowdown in support responses. but that doesn't add up to me. they haven't had any fiat inflows into the exchange in many months - zero new money! meanwhile, $300 million in USDT has been created out of thin air, and the only explanation that doesn't equal money printing is that all that money left bitfinex for other exchanges.

so there's no money in, and lots of money out, yet bitfinex is growing like mad, and this explains the support backlog?

*does not compute*

warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 06:30:38 AM

Sometimes I have a feeling there is some kind of insider manipulation involved in all these "stuck transactions". It's as if they will not respond to you while they inject the funds in the market and gain something from it. You might then hear from them when market conditions are not in your favour. That's if they even decide to respond or react to your support request tickets.

Never put all your eggs in one basket. Don't send all your money to an exchange as there is a very real risk that they could be blocked for a very very very long time. It's frustrating enough when they give you the silent treatment but it's even more unsettling when they don't give you a reason for the blockage.

You must only invest or trade those assets which exceed your basic disposable income or holdings. If you invest everything, the risk is two-fold: 1) the exchange blocking your money and 2) the risk of your crypto assets devaluing over time while you wait for the blockage to be lifted.

figmentofmyass
Legendary

Merit: 1483

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 07:05:51 AM

Sometimes I have a feeling there is some kind of insider manipulation involved in all these "stuck transactions". It's as if they will not respond to you while they inject the funds in the market and gain something from it. You might then hear from them when market conditions are not in your favour. That's if they even decide to respond or react to your support request tickets.

it might have to do with manipulation. but i worry that it has more to do with insolvency. there's something very fishy about the ridiculous sums of money poloniex apparently makes in fees, and these perpetual issues where people have missing withdrawals for three months. if this is due to the crypto bubble, why haven't they hired 10x staff in the past few months to deal with it?

You must only invest or trade those assets which exceed your basic disposable income or holdings. If you invest everything, the risk is two-fold: 1) the exchange blocking your money and 2) the risk of your crypto assets devaluing over time while you wait for the blockage to be lifted.

don't remind me. i was sitting 100% fiat on btc-e with bids around $2400 (which would have worked out perfectly under other circumstances...), so even if i get something back, the price of bitcoin has nearly doubled since then. Grin

amaral1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 07:41:04 AM

This kind of manipulation as been around frequently. There are lts of coincidences between certain market conditions and exchange problems being them withdrawal issues, order delays, stop limits that dont work and so on.

██████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
      ██████████▌▐██████████ 
    ██████ ████▌  ▐████ ██████ 
   ██████  ▐██▀    ▀██▌  ██████ 
  ██████  ▌ █▄▄█  █▄▄█ ▐  ██████ 
 ██████▌ ▐██████  ██████▌ ▐██████ 
 ██████  ███████  ███████  ██████ 
 █████▌  ██▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀██  ▐█████ 
 █████                      █████ 
  █████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████▄▄▄▄▄█████ 
   ████████████▌  ▐████████████ 
    ████████████▌▐████████████ 
      ██████████████████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
            ██████████ 

█████████
█████████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████████
█████████

EXCHANGES 

CREX24GRAVIEXBITEBTC

█████████
█████████
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
█████████
█████████
matt4054
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 08:52:51 PM

For what it's worth and to be fair, I wanted to report that Bitfinex credited the funds that were stuck to my account. Their response time has been over three weeks, but the problem was solved in a very satisfactory way eventually.

To make it short, if you ever need support from Bitfinex, be prepared for a long wait, but the job should eventually get done.
erre
Legendary

Merit: 1205

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 08:55:57 PM

Huh

Thanks for any help!

Seems that your money are locked in "exchange". Could be that you have any unexecuted order?

If you have unexecuted orders just cancel them.

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: