Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:57:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wait...If you have bitcoin you get some free BTC cash cons also?  (Read 670 times)
globe-biz (OP)

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:49:02 PM

Hello,ok I was reading now on the forum and more than one person was saying that if you had bitcons before this August one thing happened that you could get some bitcon cash.I guess it depends on your wallet. If this is true then there are probably many people who have some btc cash coming to them.Will those who understand please tell the community what is going on with that

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
globe-biz (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 09:02:57 PM

I know if you had your money on coinbase you will not get anything,but what about for people on electrum or with trezor wallets?
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 09:07:52 PM

Everything you need to know is in a stickied thread in this very section of the forum.
Here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2059111.0
It summarizes everything surrounding August 1st.
globe-biz (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 09:20:04 PM

But I can not find all the answers there and also I am very excited! So if I have 50 coins on an electrum wallet that does not  support this bitcon cash then I need to transfer those to a wallet that supports bitcoin cash and then in that wallet it should show my bitcons and also my bitcoin cash balance??.Now it is August 24 so it is not too late right?
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7928

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 09:29:48 PM

But I can not find all the answers there and also I am very excited! So if I have 50 coins on an electrum wallet that does not  support this bitcon cash then I need to transfer those to a wallet that supports bitcoin cash and then in that wallet it should show my bitcons and also my bitcoin cash balance??.Now it is August 24 so it is not too late right?

if you have 50 coins in an electrum wallet, you should firstly STFU about it in public; it's a lot of money.  
The private keys to the coins you controlled on Aug. 1 2017 can be exported from spectrum electrum and used in a BCH wallet (bitcoin ABC for example) to get your BCH.  You should really transfer your Bitcoins to a new wallet preferably on a new computer before attempting this.
Congrats on your stash.

Edited to correct autocorrect
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 09:48:19 PM

But I can not find all the answers there and also I am very excited! So if I have 50 coins on an electrum wallet that does not  support this bitcon cash then I need to transfer those to a wallet that supports bitcoin cash and then in that wallet it should show my bitcons and also my bitcoin cash balance??.Now it is August 24 so it is not too late right?

Providing you owned your private key of the address where that 50 coins is stored, you can claim your BCH. Refer to some instructions that already spreaded in the internet, it's lot now and easy to understand. Just need brain and common sense.

Yes no such thing as too late. You can claimed it as long as BCH is alive.
globe-biz (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 09:55:59 PM

But I can not find all the answers there and also I am very excited! So if I have 50 coins on an electrum wallet that does not  support this bitcon cash then I need to transfer those to a wallet that supports bitcoin cash and then in that wallet it should show my bitcons and also my bitcoin cash balance??.Now it is August 24 so it is not too late right?

if you have 50 coins in an electrum wallet, you should firstly STFU about it in public; it's a lot of money.  
The private keys to the coins you controlled on Aug. 1 2017 can be exported from spectrum electrum and used in a BCH wallet (bitcoin ABC for example) to get your BCH.  You should really transfer your Bitcoins to a new wallet preferably on a new computer before attempting this.
Congrats on your stash.

Edited to correct autocorrect

Thank for the advise and to anyone who helps, the other post explaining is about 70% full of useless information and people just talking garbage. But if I had 50 coins theoretically speaking of course then I would get 50 bitcoin cash coins right?

So which is the best option because I have been reading things online

1)open a new wallet on my junk computer that I dont use , a wallet that accepts bitcoin cash support , like the https://coinomi.com/
Send the coins there and the bitcoin cash will automatically arrive? By putting my privatekey there is this not risky..?

2) plan 2 is setup another wallet one my same old computer I dont use and then transfer coins there after they are cleared and ready, then transfer it to another computer ( i have many) that has the btc cash compatible wallet on it and ue the private key of that new wallet with the fresh balance- the reason to do this is to not expose the private key I have used for years and backed up in many ways but I dont know if because the money arrives after to that fresh wallet after the august 1 time that maybe it will be void to give me the btc cash coins

Also I see the trezor wallet is a compatible wallet for btc cash,I have on of my wallets on a trezor from a long time ago.If i transfer all my coins to the trezor will this then give me my btc cash  and it will show it all there in the trezor wallets management screen??

balance in btc = X
balance in btc cash= X
Ultegra134

Activity: 1540
Merit: 740

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 10:13:16 PM

Yes, you can still claim your Bitcoin Cash, you will get the equal amount of BTC in BCH, you must have access to the private keys though, some online wallets for example do not provide them. Also, keep in mind that you will get the amount you had in BCH before 1st August, if you had 1 BTC in 1st of August, you'll get 1 BCH, you won't get 10 BCH if you now hold 10 BTC.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7928

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 12:29:05 AM

Thank for the advise and to anyone who helps, the other post explaining is about 70% full of useless information and people just talking garbage. But if I had 50 coins theoretically speaking of course then I would get 50 bitcoin cash coins right?

So which is the best option because I have been reading things online

1)open a new wallet on my junk computer that I dont use , a wallet that accepts bitcoin cash support , like the https://coinomi.com/
Send the coins there and the bitcoin cash will automatically arrive? By putting my privatekey there is this not risky..?

2) plan 2 is setup another wallet one my same old computer I dont use and then transfer coins there after they are cleared and ready, then transfer it to another computer ( i have many) that has the btc cash compatible wallet on it and ue the private key of that new wallet with the fresh balance- the reason to do this is to not expose the private key I have used for years and backed up in many ways but I dont know if because the money arrives after to that fresh wallet after the august 1 time that maybe it will be void to give me the btc cash coins

Also I see the trezor wallet is a compatible wallet for btc cash,I have on of my wallets on a trezor from a long time ago.If i transfer all my coins to the trezor will this then give me my btc cash  and it will show it all there in the trezor wallets management screen??

balance in btc = X
balance in btc cash= X

Move all of your Bitcoins first because you must reveal your private keys in order to get the BCH.  Once you have moved your bitcoins to a new wallet, you can safely move the private keys of the old addresses into a BCH wallet you will create.  I personally used Bitcoin ABC and it took days to download the blockchain... there are quicker methods I'm sure.

99bitcoins has a pretty good guide for various wallets (including Trezor)
globe-biz (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 07:15:27 PM

Ok so I want to make sure I have this right.I have another fresh computer never been on the internet.There I make a electrum wallet(done) then on a junk old computer my old extra, I will download the electron cash wallet that supports bitcoin cash
This wallet : https://electroncash.org/

there in electroncash wallet I put the private keys of my now empty wallet that had the coins...and then the coins will arrive there, the bitcoin cash I mean.

yes ??
globe-biz (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 07:38:16 PM

Also after reading it looks like you have to export a key for each address that has had a balance in the past before August 1?

in electrum if you click addresses it has to areas
1) receiving and 2) exchange where it list some transactions you have made and I have over 70
do I have to extract the private keys of each addres,That is alot of work
Can you not just extra one master private keys to get all the coins- this is why those tutorials are not soo good they are not enough in detail
leonair

Activity: 1218
Merit: 390

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 07:49:52 PM

Hello,ok I was reading now on the forum and more than one person was saying that if you had bitcons before this August one thing happened that you could get some bitcon cash.I guess it depends on your wallet. If this is true then there are probably many people who have some btc cash coming to them.Will those who understand please tell the community what is going on with that

It just simply like this, Before august 1 Bitcoin developers already announce it in advance that if you have a Bitcoin you must have its private key in able to secure to what potential fork will may occur in the said event. So if you are just getting started in Bitcoin now, this is not for you anymore.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
globe-biz (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 07:57:44 PM

I have had the coins for over a year so yes this applies to me.

Bump, anyone?
globe-biz (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 09:58:37 PM

Also after reading it looks like you have to export a key for each address (using electrum) that has had a balance in the past before August 1?

in electrum if you click addresses it has to areas
1) receiving and 2) exchange where it list some transactions you have made and I have over 70
do I have to extract the private keys of each adderss,That is alot of work
Can you not just extra one master private keys to get all the coins- this is why those tutorials are not so good they are not enough in detail
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 10:29:36 PM

Ok so I want to make sure I have this right.I have another fresh computer never been on the internet.There I make a electrum wallet(done) then on a junk old computer my old extra, I will download the electron cash wallet that supports bitcoin cash
This wallet : https://electroncash.org/

there in electroncash wallet I put the private keys of my now empty wallet that had the coins...and then the coins will arrive there, the bitcoin cash I mean.

yes ??

keep in mind if you arent looking to cash out these BCC coins and just hold them you really dont have to do anything at all..

globe-biz (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 10:34:37 PM

Yes that is true,
I want to cash them out
Kaller

Activity: 752
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:42:45 AM

OP update the title to "coins" as it is currently spelled incorrectly.

Anyways, this is true. But your Bitcoin(s) must be in your own wallet otherwise it is not a guarantee you will receive your Bitcoin Cash.
GreatOrchid
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:03:55 AM

Yes, i received more than 1.70 bitcoin cash on august 1st. I dumped them for $800 each one because i thought it was gonna dump in just hours.
But i was not right with that, it dropped to $300 in that week, but now it is around $600/$700 each bitcoin cash. I made a good movement, but maybe i needed to wait a little bit longer.
I dont think it is gonna be more than $1000 like everybody says, but nobody can predict the price of a coin.
globe-biz (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 05:52:10 PM

So the question now is when I import the keys to the new software do I have to import and do one at a time or can i paste a large number of private keys to  make it more efficient
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 06:12:01 PM

I know if you had your money on coinbase you will not get anything,but what about for people on electrum or with trezor wallets?

I read somewhere that Coinbase will be distributing the Bitcoin Cash coins by the end of this year. But it was really stupid of them to not to distribute BCH earlier. It got a lot of their users angry, and at least some of them filed legal suites against them.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: