Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:26:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Estonia to Launch the World's First Government ICO  (Read 419 times)
Vladdirescu87 (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 264

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 09:45:04 PM

The Republic of Estonia may become the first country in the world with a government-backed Initial Coin Offering (ICO) and its own crypto token – ‘Estcoin’.

Estonia is one of the leading countries in Eastern Europe that develops and welcomes FinTech innovations. Several years ago, the Estonian government launched an e-residency program that allows any person in the world to get a digital identity issued by the Estonian government and registered on the Blockchain. The project aims to build a new digital nation, powered by the Republic of Estonia. It allows e-residents to receive the advantages of authenticated online identity along with a smart ID-card issued by Estonian Police and Border Guard Board and access Estonia’s public services online, and even start and run a trusted company online.

Read the full article: https://coinidol.com/estonia-to-launch-the-worlds-first-government-ico/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pavelna07

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 07:53:10 AM

This may be a question off the topic but wouldn’t you have trust issue with crypto currency issued/controlled/sponsored/supported by government(not drawing any parallels with estcoins) to me it sound little bit like oxymoron .   

antisoft

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 08:28:13 AM

Brilliant idea as for me. But what about penetration of Estcoin in case of among the elderly? Anyway first block-chain based elections will show all lacks if any.

HardFireMiner

Activity: 872
Merit: 120

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 08:31:15 AM

This may be a question off the topic but wouldn’t you have trust issue with crypto currency issued/controlled/sponsored/supported by government(not drawing any parallels with estcoins) to me it sound little bit like oxymoron .   

I will have more trust issues with premined, centralized scam coins, created by anonymous people, rather than with one ruled by a government I personally voted for and I know who they are.

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
Insanerman

Activity: 1162
Merit: 450

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 10:52:33 AM

Is there an official announcement from Estonian government about this? This is very good for them about tapping the cryptocurrency ICO's by utilizing this technology. A good way of getting  funds through ICO.
Jannn

Activity: 1120
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 10:57:27 AM

Is there an official announcement from Estonian government about this?
CNBC featured this also : https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2017/08/23/estonia-cryptocurrency-called-estcoin.html
This is the first goverment that will do a ICO and i think this will be a great impact in the crypto world. Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: