Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:11:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Centra Tech | Multi-Blockchain Worldwide Debit Card & Insured Wallet  (Read 91105 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
trollercoaster
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 10:00:28 PM

It is still today as the market has entered a rising trend. But Centra counts again, but it's not bad that a coin that's 16 cents on the stock market is around 40 cents. It is already known by the project team who is not the scam everyone. The only problem is administrative weakness. Unfortunately, the team remained far away from the work they had done.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:39:30 AM

I'll look at the address from which tokens were paid, the last payment was 4 days ago, so they have already paid everything or are paid in installments?

They paid 100% for signature and rest is all incomplete,8 weeks are completing this weekend and they are increasing the time to pay to protect the dump of CTR tokens.It's totally unfair to make bounty participants wait for more time.

Please fill out https://www.centra.tech/ctr-bounty if you did not receive your verifiable social bounty. Thank you
i can not fill the form there is a problem with the eth adress ? and do we need to fill it to recieve bounty rewards?

I think that it is pretty clear that if you did not receive bounty, you should fill it and also as i understood they require the number in spreadsheet not your actual eth address .

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
GreatFelix

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:40:41 AM

A prepaid card, not a real-time debit card?

Wasn't this project's entire thing about it being a debit card?

Isn't the whole premise surrounding the supposedly innovative 'CCE module' that it converts cryptocurrency to cash in real time as the transaction is being made in-store?

Otherwise, if all you're offering is a pre-paid card which has to be credited with cash prior to use, then you're really only offering a back-end exchange service with withdrawal of fiat to the card balance account which isn't at all the ground-breaking 'real time' conversion/spending claimed.

Their will be standard PIN to use just like a typical debit card. Your assets are always stored as cryptocurrency. The way CCE works is through its patent-pending technology which when the user swipes it'll convert it into real time fiat to approve the charge and deduct your cryptocurrency as the result of the purchase.

I think you don't quite understand the logistics of what actually happens with these prepaid debit cards as opposed to checking/current-account debit cards.

Centra Tech are not a bank. They are issuing these Mastercard prepaid debit cards as a reseller, not as the entity which actually holds the funds for the cards. The card accounts are held by Mastercard and when the card is used for a transaction the card-reader pings to the Mastercard account with the intended amount to be debited for that card to verify that the required funds are available.

Centra Tech's 'App' appears to simply allow the user to sell their cryptocurrency to Centra at a rate determined by Centra, in order for Centra's own fiat funds to then credit that user's Mastercard account in a regular electronic bank transfer process. Centra would no-doubt be 'buying' the crypto at a below-market price and selling it on an open exchange for a not-less-than-the-purchase price as soon as possible following the purchase from the user, I figure.

The limits of the 'real time' speed of Centra's bank being instructed to make a payment to a particular Mastercard account and for that prepaid card account to then register the credit as being available for a transaction to complete isn't even the major hurdle here, it is the fact that they would need the card-reader process to trigger the credit from Centra's account to the user's Mastercard account in the first place.

That isn't going to happen with a Mastercard pre-paid debit card. The card-reader process will ONLY ping the card account for availability of funds in order to approve the purchase, which means the credit has to be there BEFORE the transaction commences.

The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) shows the difference between a prepaid card, a credit card, and a debit card right here:

https://www.consumerfinance.gov/ask-cfpb/what-is-the-difference-between-a-prepaid-card-a-credit-card-and-a-debit-card-en-433/

Is the Centra Card a debit or a prepaid card?
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:39:51 AM

Centra Tech are not a bank. They are issuing these Mastercard prepaid debit cards as a reseller, not as the entity which actually holds the funds for the cards. The card accounts are held by Mastercard and when the card is used for a transaction the card-reader pings to the Mastercard account with the intended amount to be debited for that card to verify that the required funds are available.

Centra Tech's 'App' appears to simply allow the user to sell their cryptocurrency to Centra at a rate determined by Centra, in order for Centra's own fiat funds to then credit that user's Mastercard account in a regular electronic bank transfer process. Centra would no-doubt be 'buying' the crypto at a below-market price and selling it on an open exchange for a not-less-than-the-purchase price as soon as possible following the purchase from the user, I figure.

The limits of the 'real time' speed of Centra's bank being instructed to make a payment to a particular Mastercard account and for that prepaid card account to then register the credit as being available for a transaction to complete isn't even the major hurdle here, it is the fact that they would need the card-reader process to trigger the credit from Centra's account to the user's Mastercard account in the first place.

That isn't going to happen with a Mastercard pre-paid debit card. The card-reader process will ONLY ping the card account for availability of funds in order to approve the purchase, which means the credit has to be there BEFORE the transaction commences.

You don't work for banking, you have no clue what your talking about. Please go look at how a REAL Authorization flow chart looks and you'll see how you got that one wrong.

So the card accounts are held by the issuing bank, not Mastercard, that still doesn't change anything. Would you care to explain at which point in the below REAL Authorisation flow chart something other than pinging the issuing bank's card account for availability of required funds is happening.

I for one have sat in on one of the phone conferences with the company and heard how the model works and it makes all the sense in the world that is why they actually FILED For patent for it as the CCE didn't exist  before. Only time will show you wrong Smiley . But your too busy policing cryptos to know that.

So I point out a major flaw in the proposed real-time automatic process of crediting the card accounts with the transaction amount due to these card being prepaid debit cards and your response is to basically go, "Nuh uhh!" and to make a snide dig about my activities on this forum? That's not a rebuttal.

What's the patent application file number?

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
TheNitrix

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:24:52 PM

I Just found out the bank issuer of Centra Tech after continiously researching whilst gathering intellectual information.
Not sure when I am allowed to share it duo to NDA.
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:47:05 PM

Is the Centra Card a debit or a prepaid card?

It's a prepaid card

I find it rather suspect that Robert Farkas has chosen to blank out the information at the footer of the page which would show who the issuing bank is. There isn't any personal information in that footer, only the usual boilerplate concerning the bank which is issuing these Mastercards. Why would he hide that information?

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 05:05:47 PM

i do not what the fuzz is about regarding the Prepaid or debitcard.
Most likely it is prepaid since they are not a bank and any other project will have the same principle-prepaid.
And in the end if the product works and the "upload cycle" is fast enough - who cares.

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
dashingriddler (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1258

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 05:06:44 PM

Centra never has made a statement to say they are the bank. They have many times stated the card is issued by the bank and not by Centra. They just run the program through the issuing bank whom facilitates all of the charges that get approved/declined by the card issuer in this case Mastercard. Also I have personally seen the patent application and form. If you want to contact me present your ID and sign an NDA I'm sure they can show you too to prove you wrong.

They have also stated that it is a Prepaid card to their users in AMA's, and that picture was posted by Robert(COO) . They obviously blanked out the issuing bank information for now until mass production is ready so people cant go try to undercut and steal their program. Try calling around, it isn't that easy to find a bank to do a crypto program. They did it though!

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████▀▀         ▀▀███████▄
    ▄█████▀                  ▀██████
   █████▀      ▄▄▄█████▄▄      ▀█████▄
  █████     ▄██████████████▄     ▀████▄
 █████     ██████▀▀  ▀▀██████▄    ▀████
▐████     █████          █████     █████
█████    ▐████                     ▐████
█████    █████                     ▐████
█████     █████          ▄████▌    █████
 ████▌    ▀█████▄▄    ▄▄█████▀    ▄████▌
 ▀████▄     ▀██████████████▀     ▄████▀
  ▀█████▄     `▀████████▀▀     ▄█████▀
   `██████▄                  ▄██████
     ▀███████▄▄          ▄▄███████▀
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

dashingriddler (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 05:10:45 PM

i do not what the fuzz is about regarding the Prepaid or debitcard.
Most likely it is prepaid since they are not a bank and any other project will have the same principle-prepaid.
And in the end if the product works and the "upload cycle" is fast enough - who cares.

Exactly, we just have a FUD master in this thread, I choose not to delete his topics this time because they had relevance but his tone makes sense on the direction he is leading.

Let the road map work its course. Once everyone has their cards and they see how it works they'll be happy. There is no "load" feature when they use the wallet to use their card, just select the asset your using and let CCE do the rest.

It's very simple:

Deposit Crypto

Select Asset

Open or Close app it's up to you the asset selected remains active until switched.

If your balance = greater than the charge on the active asset = approved
If your balance = less than the charge of the active asset = declined

They have tested it and it works. Everyone will see soon.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

dashingriddler (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 05:12:18 PM

I Just found out the bank issuer of Centra Tech after continiously researching whilst gathering intellectual information.
Not sure when I am allowed to share it duo to NDA.

Let's give it some time. They will announce as so will users as time progresses. Let's protect the company so that myself and all contributors can see the hard work pay off.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

emath7

Activity: 158

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:01:23 AM

heeeeeeeey .

I've been waiting for such a long time. it finally came.
I filled in the form immediately. and sharing it from my social account. thanks
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 09:04:35 AM

They just run the program through the issuing bank whom facilitates all of the charges that get approved/declined by the card issuer in this case Mastercard.
That is my point, the fact this is a prepaid card and not a debit card indicates that funds will have to be loaded onto the card prior to any transaction being attempted. The bank's computer system will only send an authorisation code in a true/false process which either approves or declines the transaction. There is not a 'hold on while we transfer the funds into this account so we can issue an approval code for this transaction' stage.

If the cards were debit cards, linked to a a checking/current-style account then it might be feasible by way of the bank agreeing to pre-authorised overdraft facilities, guaranteed by Centra's own funds, which would allow for their system to trigger an authorisation code and subsequent back-office exchange/credit transaction after-the-fact in order to cover for the amount debited. But these are not debit cards, they are prepaid cards, for which funds HAVE to be deposited in the cardholder account prior to the transaction, otherwise the transaction will be declined at the point of sale terminal.

Also I have personally seen the patent application and form. If you want to contact me present your ID and sign an NDA I'm sure they can show you too to prove you wrong.
Yeah you guys keep trying that routine of "Send us your ID first and then we'll prove we're not deceiving you". So you've personally seen the application form? Has it been filed? What is the application number?

There's no good reason for you to withhold the application number if it has been filed.

Exactly, we just have a FUD master in this thread, I choose not to delete his topics this time because they had relevance but his tone makes sense on the direction he is leading.
My tone? In my experience, whenever a person being asked reasonable questions about the claims they are making tries to complain about the tone of the question, or starts throwing around accusations of 'FUD', it has always been because they are guilty of deceit and want to avoid answering to questions which will expose their dishonesty. So your behaviour is not exactly encouraging.

There is no "load" feature when they use the wallet to use their card, just select the asset your using and let CCE do the rest.

It's very simple:

Deposit Crypto

Select Asset

Open or Close app it's up to you the asset selected remains active until switched.

As I already pointed out, with these cards being prepaid, the only way for the issuing bank's system to respond with an approval code is for the funds to already have been credited. So the above description of the process would have to have sold the 'selected' cryptocurrency to Centra at whatever price dictated by Centra in order for the funds to be credited into the prepaid card account, prior to the transaction.

Unspent card balances might well be displayed in the 'selected' cryptocurrency amount, but if the user wanted to transfer that cryptocurrency back out of the system then there will need to be a purchase transaction made through the card, obviously via a wallet-based online purchase transaction for the equivalent value, because that cryptocurrency amount would actually have been sold to Centra already and needs to be bought back in order to deduct the cash value from the prepaid card account and allow the cryptocurrency to be transferred back to the user's control.

This is a major problem with that model:
The process of 'selecting' the cryptocurrency has to enforce a fixed cash value at time of selection which the user has to agree to otherwise Centra are going to have massive exposure to volatile market price changes.

This isn't real-time exchange at the point of purchase for the user. It is a way to simulate a real-time deduction of cryptocurrency balance when the fact is that the cryptocurrency 'selection' process has already sold the coins to Centra even if they are being represented as still being an active balance for the user.

The whole point of this service was that users would be able to store the cryptocurrency safely and for the transaction to deduct the equivalent amount only as and when card expenditure is triggered, but this 'selection' process you describe can only be for the purpose of setting a fixed cash value, which means there is no benefit over existing cryptocurrency card services.

Crypto_rocker

Activity: 45

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 10:52:19 AM

WOW, so Centra will now be offering a way for us to spend our cryptos with a Debit or pre paid card...I would like to do another video on how this works...BUT...this is what will make Centra a beast in the Crypto world...US citizens will now have a physical crypto card and or a way to use the account on line with there safe secure platform...that is BAD ASS yo.  Is there anyone doing that for the US right now....NOPE, Centra is number 1, but they also are doing this WORLD WIDE not just the USA so that makes me feel like this is the number 1 platform...OH and Cbay...and all the new stuff that is comming out...yeah I will buy the token now for cheap as everyone seems to be selling and fudding...
Ratash

Activity: 1540
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:01:33 PM

when bountyhunters will get their rewards for sotialmedia ?
this form https://www.centra.tech/ctr-bounty  not working Angry Angry Angry Angry
i filled it but i do not know if the request was send Huh
rhyso

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:04:26 PM

What is your team's mission? Long-term? How do you insure the Wallet?

accrual of monetary value
zhouyc

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:18:35 PM

Centra Tech this project is landing, I'm afraid it is a bit difficult, too many links need to further demonstration, I am a question mark for this project, the price will be released
Taner

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:34:44 PM

For example, TenX also sent their cards. I have a question - how do they work and do they work at all?
CentraTech

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:20:29 PM

They just run the program through the issuing bank whom facilitates all of the charges that get approved/declined by the card issuer in this case Mastercard.
That is my point, the fact this is a prepaid card and not a debit card indicates that funds will have to be loaded onto the card prior to any transaction being attempted. The bank's computer system will only send an authorisation code in a true/false process which either approves or declines the transaction. There is not a 'hold on while we transfer the funds into this account so we can issue an approval code for this transaction' stage.

If the cards were debit cards, linked to a a checking/current-style account then it might be feasible by way of the bank agreeing to pre-authorised overdraft facilities, guaranteed by Centra's own funds, which would allow for their system to trigger an authorisation code and subsequent back-office exchange/credit transaction after-the-fact in order to cover for the amount debited. But these are not debit cards, they are prepaid cards, for which funds HAVE to be deposited in the cardholder account prior to the transaction, otherwise the transaction will be declined at the point of sale terminal.

Also I have personally seen the patent application and form. If you want to contact me present your ID and sign an NDA I'm sure they can show you too to prove you wrong.
Yeah you guys keep trying that routine of "Send us your ID first and then we'll prove we're not deceiving you". So you've personally seen the application form? Has it been filed? What is the application number?

There's no good reason for you to withhold the application number if it has been filed.

My tone? In my experience, whenever a person being asked reasonable questions about the claims they are making tries to complain about the tone of the question, or starts throwing around accusations of 'FUD', it has always been because they are guilty of deceit and want to avoid answering to questions which will expose their dishonesty. So your behaviour is not exactly encouraging.

There is no "load" feature when they use the wallet to use their card, just select the asset your using and let CCE do the rest.

It's very simple:

Deposit Crypto

Select Asset

As I already pointed out, with these cards being prepaid, the only way for the issuing bank's system to respond with an approval code is for the funds to already have been credited. So the above description of the process would have to have sold the 'selected' cryptocurrency to Centra at whatever price dictated by Centra in order for the funds to be credited into the prepaid card account, prior to the transaction.

Unspent card balances might well be displayed in the 'selected' cryptocurrency amount, but if the user wanted to transfer that cryptocurrency back out of the system then there will need to be a purchase transaction made through the card, obviously via a wallet-based online purchase transaction for the equivalent value, because that cryptocurrency amount would actually have been sold to Centra already and needs to be bought back in order to deduct the cash value from the prepaid card account and allow the cryptocurrency to be transferred back to the user's control.

This is a major problem with that model:
The process of 'selecting' the cryptocurrency has to enforce a fixed cash value at time of selection which the user has to agree to otherwise Centra are going to have massive exposure to volatile market price changes.

This isn't real-time exchange at the point of purchase for the user. It is a way to simulate a real-time deduction of cryptocurrency balance when the fact is that the cryptocurrency 'selection' process has already sold the coins to Centra even if they are being represented as still being an active balance for the user.

The whole point of this service was that users would be able to store the cryptocurrency safely and for the transaction to deduct the equivalent amount only as and when card expenditure is triggered, but this 'selection' process you describe can only be for the purpose of setting a fixed cash value, which means there is no benefit over existing cryptocurrency card services.

Hi cryptodevil,

My name is Robert I am the Chief Operating Officer of Centra Tech. We do require a NDA to go over company sensitive information. Knowing your reputation on this forum, we would be okay with providing you information about our patent filings and how we exactly CCE performs with our issuing bank, but would require a copy of your ID and NDA signed. We have staff that all have done this and external strong contributors so they could see the system first hand so their is no way around this if you want deeper information than described below.

To clarify how the system works to what Dash was mentioning above:

The Centra Cards are Prepaid Cards that work with Debit PINs on any merchant that accepts Mastercard(Example: Selecting Debit instead of Credit on merchant terminals). The CCE is patent-pending software that was built as a off-chain blockchain solution around the issuing banks system API. All Centra Cards carry a $0.00 balance at all times. When the user swipes their card, our application checks the "active" asset selected and if the user balance in that asset, for example bitcoin, is greater or equal to the transaction, the card instantly will be credited the amount from our Mastercard Settlement Account held with the issuing bank to pay the transaction (Real-Time Loading + External Authorization Method), and then deducted from our "active" selected asset. The transaction time that CCE works is approximately 1-4 seconds. In rare events where the system is clogged with over 100,000 transactions per second (which would be unlikely at this early stage) you will get a time out in our system which would trigger a decline notice on the app and the merchant. We are currently building a system that can handle much greater transactions per second.

"The whole point of this service was that users would be able to store the cryptocurrency safely and for the transaction to deduct the equivalent amount only as and when card expenditure is triggered, but this 'selection' process you describe can only be for the purpose of setting a fixed cash value, which means there is no benefit over existing cryptocurrency card services. "

- That is correct, and that is how the system works. Your cryptocurrency always remains in cryptocurrency. When you, as the user, makes a swipe/online transaction, at that instant moment we are giving you a market exchange rate to fiat conversion that allows the charge to be approved. We also have a formula to configure slippage as we use numerous exchanges connected to CCE via APIs to always perform the safest/closest transaction exchange.

By "selection" he means that you have the choice on the app to select which currency is the "active" currency to the system as we currently support 8 assets and adding more. Once an asset is "active" it is "Selected" as the asset of choice to spend.

I understand that Google might not provide you all the information that you are seeking to research as this is not your speciality field, so it may seem that what we have created doesn't necessarily make "sense", but we, as a company have spent an extensive amount of time and resources to build the infrastructure, service, and system we provide our clients. If you are up for a more detailed chat about this feel free to send me a PM.

Thank you,
Robert
CentraTech

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:23:13 PM

We have also set up a support center if anyone has any issues/FAQs/complaints/bounty redemption etc.

https://support.centra.tech

Thank you.
cointalker1234

Activity: 21

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:25:33 PM

Hi @CENTRA,

you say in Twitter "Learn how our new blockchain will be launched and $CTR token swap will be handled!" what does this mean? Are people's current CTR erc20 tokens in total risk of loss if they do not "swap" them and keep them in MEW? Is there a deadline?

When would you publish a written guideline on how to "swap"?

And you highlighted many times that ICO contributors should not change their wallet balance/address or else they won't receive their cards...so how does this coexist with the "swap" statement-> or would you ignore the swap scenario for the card issuance matter?

thanks
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 »
  Print  

Jump to: