Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:12:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LiteCoin worth investing in now?  (Read 2384 times)
Cryptic_crumb (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:24:44 AM

Huh Just wanted to ask this here - does anyone think that LTC is still worth investing in now that it's just below $50? Or has it had its run? Is this coin being used for much? How high can it go? LTC $200? $1,000??!?!  Cheesy I am just wondering if I should be buying this coin now thanks for any advice or whatever...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
josep

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 02:28:08 AM

Why LTC why not ETH or else if you are in doubt with LTC
thangoffshore

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 06:43:47 AM

Why LTC why not ETH or else if you are in doubt with LTC

He might got ETH and other alts already, and want to add LTC for diversification or hedge or many other reasons.

LTC has widely accepted by various merchants all over the world, at more or less same level with BTC acceptance. It's better to have some of them in your portfolio. 3 digits in the next few years is possible.

Savik

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 07:09:14 AM

Sounds like it could be a good time to get into LTC. New version released that is getting closer to instant swaps between LTC and BTC

https://twitter.com/SatoshiLite/status/900444718189785089

Blackcloud

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

GeoPin: Blockchain-based interface to the physical

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 07:11:49 AM

You should wait for it to go back to around $45 if you want to invest

Savik

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 07:14:40 AM

Do you think it will go back to $45?It has been on a steady climb for the past 6 months. I think it is a matter of time before it pops above $60

Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 07:20:45 AM

it is hard to say when the rise will happen so it is hard to give investment advice about litecoin right now.
but one thing is for sure, litecoin is one of those big coins that has been around for many years, and it is not going anywhere. it is not only that but also an altcoin that is actually advancing, with things like SegWit and the lightning network which is activated it is getting ready for the future. so you can expect better future for it also.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
MiXxe

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 07:40:32 AM

Maybe ? because its up to you and i will give only some of my points and knowledge about what are you asking for.
My opinion is it is not now , buy when litecoin dumps and hold it for long term, i also believe on that altcoin in the future as it has seen a good potential on its own community and the coin itself.

Cryptic_crumb (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 12:59:32 PM

Why not $30??  Huh Cheesy Cheesy I'd think if I wanted to have a lot this I ought to just buy it soon before the prices all jump? Or is it really more likely there will be an alts dip? Quite possible, after this present bubble...
Yes this is about a long term holding, cos it should rise about 10 X if you really want to be a serious investor. Who know what will happen but it seems cryptos will just increasde in popularity over time if this same pattern continues.. Grin

I've been also thinking of IOTA a fair bit, and then there's a dark horse like MTL that looks quite interesting...I suppose it all depends on whether there's a good developers team behind it as to whether a coin is going up or not...Of course I've got ETH as well, is there any point in BitCoin Cash? (BCC) and the dilapidated Ethereum Classic?? The mind boggles..
Savik

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:05:41 PM

Why not $30??  Huh Cheesy Cheesy I'd think if I wanted to have a lot this I ought to just buy it soon before the prices all jump? Or is it really more likely there will be an alts dip? Quite possible, after this present bubble...
Yes this is about a long term holding, cos it should rise about 10 X if you really want to be a serious investor. Who know what will happen but it seems cryptos will just increasde in popularity over time if this same pattern continues.. Grin

I've been also thinking of IOTA a fair bit, and then there's a dark horse like MTL that looks quite interesting...I suppose it all depends on whether there's a good developers team behind it as to whether a coin is going up or not...Of course I've got ETH as well, is there any point in BitCoin Cash? (BCC) and the dilapidated Ethereum Classic?? The mind boggles..

Just like fiat currencies there will be numerous successful cryptocurrencies in the future. There is room for BCC, ETC, LTC, and many others.

Cryptic_crumb (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:08:02 PM

Sounds like it could be a good time to get into LTC. New version released that is getting closer to instant swaps between LTC and BTC

https://twitter.com/SatoshiLite/status/900444718189785089

Well, that looks quite positive at least, good to see the devs are pushing hard to get this one moving ahead again....  Grin

Isn't this one supposed to be 10% or 20% of BitCoin's value?
jilani

Activity: 244

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:14:56 PM

I think Lite Coin is not perfect for investment i am not expart to predict exactly just i guess.Because LTC growth is very slow before three months this coin value is 47$ and after three months this value is something increase just 3$ or 4$
wajik-tempe

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

TonUp.io | 🔥Ultimate Launchpad on TON

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:23:37 PM

I think Lite Coin is not perfect for investment i am not expart to predict exactly just i guess.Because LTC growth is very slow before three months this coin value is 47$ and after three months this value is something increase just 3$ or 4$
Litecoin growth is slow because at that time charlie lee has not been focused in LTC development but after charlie lee comes out of coinbase
he focused on litecoins development,so I think it's good enough to want to invest LTC

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:28:55 PM

Do you think it will go back to $45?It has been on a steady climb for the past 6 months. I think it is a matter of time before it pops above $60

AT present situation I would not invest in LTC. I would prefer investing in Ripples, ETC or ZCASH where mostly this coins are being doing pretty well and coming time this coins seems to be the next manifold returns coins. Also their market cap is increasing and its among the top choices for many people at present. LTC it was a time when LTC  dominated the market but not anymore now.
CisColtz

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 03:49:05 PM

Litecoin will be over 200$ one day but  not so sure about a price rising right now , better look for other investements.
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 03:53:06 PM

There are plenty of altcoins that you need to choose don't choose LTC because for me if i had low budget since i started with altcoins im always preferred to read about the topics about cryptocurrencies that has very potential to increase with in a week choose another coin like ethereum or ethereum classic litecoin is a very low you can't even assured your earnings there.

Nathan047

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 04:30:09 PM

Huh Just wanted to ask this here - does anyone think that LTC is still worth investing in now that it's just below $50? Or has it had its run? Is this coin being used for much? How high can it go? LTC $200? $1,000??!?!  Cheesy I am just wondering if I should be buying this coin now thanks for any advice or whatever...
It seems to have been sitting at around 45$ for a while, so I do think that Litecoin is probably going to get a boost at some point thus I would recommend investing a little bit. However you'd probably be just as well of just HODLing Bitcoin, so this would be more of a diversification than a strait up investment.

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
prabakharras

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 04:40:12 PM

First look at https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/litecoin/usd
Now look at https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/litecoin/btc
LTC is serious under value in terms of BTC.

25hashcoin

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 05:14:14 PM

Hell no stay away from LTC and BTC. Invest in BitcoinCash and Zcash.

Bitcoin - Peer to Peer Electronic CASH
ewonardo

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 05:14:48 PM

Ltc for me is calm altcoin, when he goes up the trend will continue to rise and vice versa. As it happens today, trend of ltc is declining. There is potential he will continue journey to 0.01btc. And be a good moment to start saving more ltc.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: