Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:47:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you decide when it's time to sell?  (Read 14631 times)
ongels

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 09:28:32 PM

Depends upon the situation.. upon my status, i don't earn bitcoin yet but if i have in my wallet.. much better ill just hold my coins for a long long years.. and probably this is a good idea for investment.. or in case of emergency ill might used a portion of it to fulfill my needs.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mobilestrike

Activity: 907
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 09:45:04 PM

When I see that I have enough profit from the price increase, I can sell some of the coins, and the other part still leave for a while to get even more profits.
Sell some coin and try to invest in the next bottom, But remember to sell your coin in the pump and never sell your coin at the stable chart the result will be in loss on its value caused by the stable chart will be remain to the pump in the next time as far as i know that really important.
Yes you don’t have to sell the coins at stable rate because it can give you some loss or you may say it doesn’t give you good profit rather just covering up your buy price. Main thing is go with a strategy and plan, stick to it, be stable and cool and calm, decide wisely at the time of selling and buying and there you go with profit definitely.
bestluck

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 05:50:12 AM

I just set a target profit like 10% or higher which would depend also on the movement of the coin in the past and then when it reach my target price then I will sell. I will not regret even if I sold it and the price climb higher because a profit is still a profit even if how small it is. You cannot always sell at the top and buy at the bottom so better have a plan of target profit for you to have profit. You cannot be online always and what if the coin is pump and it reach your target price but you are not online so you were not able to sell it so that is an opportunity loss so better have a target price in advance and set an order may it be a limit or conditional.
I will surely consider this approach as the best one if it comes to the profitable earnings. There is no specific time to sell. Just set a goal while you are investing in bitcoin. As soon as the price reaches your target, sell the bitcoin and get your profit. The best part of this is that profit is profit. May it be small or big. You should never regret on what you get. Just keep an eye on the worth and play safe.
uletkluget

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 05:59:56 AM

I guess it depends on yourself, experience it from monitoring market
First step i try it with small deposit and do some research, of course you always need to read from forum what to do.
And you can learn from it.
But you need to be carefull,not to drag too far. Because i regret it now that im too ambitious. And i need to start from zero again.
So good luck,and don't stop reading and learning something
Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 08:08:45 AM

ITs time to sell when you need money Smiley
Few weeks ago I was needing money for some home project and so I thought of selling some of my Monero. ITs just unfortunate on my side to see I don't have opportunity to buy back at lower price.

When you made some profit on the investment you made then you will be happy but if you sell them at cheap you will feel not comfortable you end up in the loss. That's why people should track in excel sheet whether you are in profit or not.

If my buy point is known, I define a sell point when I'm buying it. Let's say I'm buying ethereum for 0.075 btc, and I plan myself like, I would sell it for 0.082 btc. This way, I don't have confusion to realize my profit.
Yes, when you have set your targets, you get direction for putting your efforts. Without any goal, it is just like hitting in the air while doing trading. Targets make it easy to have a record of your profits and losses. I myself always work with some goals because they give me reasons for working hard.
jerowacik
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 08:55:55 AM

Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.
If you set up an open order with too high a price, you might not sell at all.

What's your strategy?
for me to say that the bitcoin price movement is an obligation. I would not rely on the automated system because like what you say that we are probably going to be disappointed. so it's better to do manual trading and get satisfactory results because every action we do can be monitored and also in accordance with the expectations we want to achieve.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:42:34 AM

Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.

What's your strategy?
for me to say that the bitcoin price movement is an obligation. I would not rely on the automated system because like what you say that we are probably going to be disappointed. so it's better to do manual trading and get satisfactory results because every action we do can be monitored and also in accordance with the expectations we want to achieve.
Manual trading is the best because it will help us to monitor our trading history and we can correct the mistakes that we can make in trading. The professional traders that i know are doing manual trading because they tell me that it is the best source of knowledge in trading and doing it manually will enhance our brain always.
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:23:37 AM

What's your strategy?

I believe we can't pick the best order points all the time. And there is no exact right time to sell. It's totally up to your buying costs. If you bought the coin for cheap price, then it wouldn't be hard to sell it to realize your profits.
Yes it is you would not let to sell youre coin on the price that you wouldn't expected so as you buy it in the price that you have bought. As much as possible you will sell it in the highest price but sometimes unfortunately you can sell it for your second choice price.

With the expected high price we can sell out the bitcoin as much you can but recent days I wait for the fees to get reduce it smaller amount to transfer the amount to the exchange site wallet to sell it out bulky when the price is moves up. Buy it when the price is low.
There is other way to reduce the fees if your wallet is segwit supported then you can use the segwit when sending so that your transaction fee is reduced by 35% and i think the price of bitcoin these are really stay at level $4,300 and i think it is hard to decide to sell bitcoin because anytime the price can be burst increase or the price can be down..

Thanks for the information bro. I am using Blockchain.info and coinbase.com for the bitcoin and eth transactions to do. Kindly let me these wallets supports the segwit and let the me know how I can do customize the transaction fees and send it with the few cents or 1 USD as a fees.
Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:31:11 AM

What's your strategy?
Manual trading is the best because it will help us to monitor our trading history and we can correct the mistakes that we can make in trading. The professional traders that i know are doing manual trading because they tell me that it is the best source of knowledge in trading and doing it manually will enhance our brain always.

In trading what is use of brain and at all. You seems so diplomatic in your words. even I knew that manual trading is best option to start your trading experience. I suggest to try on localbitcoin.com to start trading.

You should have set up amount around 0.22 btc to become a trader. Every trader of yours will be manage by the automated escrow
Ankhesenamun

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 11:40:30 AM

I buy a coin when it's cheap. Then I place a warrant for the sale which is 5-10% higher than the purchase price. But this can not be done with all coins. For some, 3% growth is sufficient.
There are still coins that I buy when they are pumped. But I sell them right away
ReLieD

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 12:00:57 PM

You don't have to wait for a specific time. You would sense it automatically like when is the actual time to sell. Even if you fail to sell for the perfect time , you would learn a new lesson and you'll understand when to sell the next time. So it's better to fail atleast once in order to learn.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█          ▄         ▄      ▄▄▄▄▄
█       ▄███      ▄███      █████
█        ████      ████     ▀▀▀▀▀
█         ████      ████
█          ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█           █████████████████████
█            ▀█████▄   ▀█████▄
█              ▀█████▀   ▀█████▀
█                 ▀▀        ▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
herurist

Activity: 1680
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 01:28:09 PM

What's your strategy?

I decides to sell with main reason when the price reach sell area ( taking profit ), second thing is when the price also reach stop loss ( minimize loss ). Those reason make me decide to sell and face the risk. I don't have another reason to sell, even the price too long on the same price or try to buy another coins ( derivative ). Only try to disciplines with our strategy and never get into panic sell. Be patience and have a nice day,

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 01:53:49 PM

I usually base my sell signal in the chart activity. When the price is about the dump, and volume of sells started to increase. I start making selling. I also base my sell signal in the news. For example, NEO dump because of China's new policy in ICO investing.
LouVandetta

Activity: 602
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 01:58:38 PM

I think that we all have our own styles in trading.
For me, first I'll check the trend, news, of course, choosing a great coins, too.
Then see if its in dip or at peak, but not only that. Bookchart really helps a lot.
When placing an order, whether buy or sell, don't forget to use a stop loss.
When ppl are panic buying [Fomos], I'll sell it and the other way around.
weblouartisan

Activity: 448

Lets Go Adab

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 02:41:26 PM

What's your strategy?

In my situation i am not monitoring the price's everyday because i only organize my time to do some extracurricular activities, Maybe you want to find out what is the easiest way to earn profit right ? . In my own opinion sadly there's no easiest way because every trader has their own risk of investing and to avoid that they are checking the price almost everyday.

sylpalma

Activity: 125

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 03:03:09 PM

Grin Hold alway better than trade... just leave some money and wait dont care about it... when we see your coin u invest on the news... that the time to sell

▛ [ CENTRA ] Multi-Blockchain Worldwide Debit Card & Insured Wallet
▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚
▙     FacebookSlackTwitterGithubMediumANN Thread     ▟
ghostunicorn

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 03:39:38 PM

I think that we all have our own styles in trading.
For me, first I'll check the trend, news, of course, choosing a great coins, too.
Then see if its in dip or at peak, but not only that. Bookchart really helps a lot.
When placing an order, whether buy or sell, don't forget to use a stop loss.
When ppl are panic buying [Fomos], I'll sell it and the other way around.

Trend is significant but the market perception is also taken into account in daily trade for me. I can't trust technical things all the time. I look whether I'm in profit prior my sell orders. If yes, I sell it anytime I lke.
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 06:07:31 PM

First you plan on how much value you want and if  think it's content. I am doing this especially now that the Market is up and down. It's better to be sure. But if there's more to go and continue to raise is up to you. Just not to be aggressive or to be greedy because That will be your opponent.
That is very good, you make your own strategic price. I saw a lot of BTC users who sell their bitcoin according to their strategic price and trust me they get much more profit then those who just hold for a long time. Because the strategic one sell at time and when price falls little bit then he will buy again and in this way he earn pretty much profit from his strategy.
Strategic trading always have been successful for making huge profits in all bitcoins. At a time, you have to make strategy and if you stick to it then as said you will get the boom you want. Strategic trader just know better how he will be investing, what is time to buy and surely what is exact time to make a sell. It really works.
justdimin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 06:10:30 PM

I always have a target to sell it. so I don't feel confused when deciding when is the time to sell. because if you don't have target, it will be easy to panic.
Target approach is quite better than just random buy and sell. You fix your target for a specific amount of investment that okay I have to go for let’s say 10% from this one.
As prices gets high you just get to know the target is being achieved and you sell bitcoins. You just works well if you have decided your profit range.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Bitcoinsummoner

Activity: 1288
Merit: 622

Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 06:31:06 PM

I always have a target to sell it. so I don't feel confused when deciding when is the time to sell. because if you don't have target, it will be easy to panic.
Target approach is quite better than just random buy and sell. You fix your target for a specific amount of investment that okay I have to go for let’s say 10% from this one.
As prices gets high you just get to know the target is being achieved and you sell bitcoins. You just works well if you have decided your profit range.
You have a point  just make a different margin from your bitcoin every 5% increase if you made profit sell 15% of you bitcoin don't sell them all because the price of bitcoin is keep increase just to get the benefits of the price increase and buy again if the price is cheap and save your profit.. just repeat it and make a good profit.. just don't sell all of your holdings just the few and wait if the price still continue just sell do it again and again. .
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: