Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:46:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you decide when it's time to sell?  (Read 14639 times)
Rostchild

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 02:30:11 AM

It all depends on my target price, before i trade i make sure i have plan for it, I study the chart and set the target selling price and i also cut losses. So by this i will be able to maximize the profit and lessen the lost. Planning and execution is very important when you are trading.

You got the point.
First the target, dont be too greedy.
Study the chart, you ll get the idea the possible outcome

That s the most important point.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Souldream
Legendary

Activity: 1110
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:16:10 AM

It all depends on my target price, before i trade i make sure i have plan for it, I study the chart and set the target selling price and i also cut losses. So by this i will be able to maximize the profit and lessen the lost. Planning and execution is very important when you are trading.
I also have my own strategy when it comes to selling my bitcoin. And yes, I always feel bored and tired of monitoring the prices of bitcoin. And monitoring the fluctuating price of bitcoin is sometimes can cause me headache. But then, I really have to look at it, I must be because i wanted to know also what are happening in prices of bitcoin in trade world. So when I see, the price of selling is in high value, the value that I think my bitcoin was deserved to be exchange then I sell it already, I'm tired of feeling lost whenever I didn't grab the chance.
KesoNie
Copper Member

Activity: 672
Merit: 270

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:24:53 AM

I always sell my bitcoins when I am making enough profits from it as only holding is really boring for me so when I see higher price without waiting much I sell my coins and buy them back when price falls in future and I think that is the best way to make regular profits and I apply same principle even to altcoins as holding altcoins too long can be really risky.
In my kind of own way of selling my bitcoin, I decide to sell my bitcoin when I get the chance to be able to catch up the high value price of selling. Its rare for me to catch up the chance of knowing the high selling price of bitcoin because I am not online always, so i'll always grab it. And also catch up the chance to buy again when the buying price of bitcoin is in dumped state. Its like I'm going to make the wheel of my business keep turning and moving.
nasipadang

Activity: 1274
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:08:43 AM

Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.
If you set up an open order with too high a price, you might not sell at all.

What's your strategy?
I just open the order with a low target price, just getting a little profit and removing the risk is enough for me "play safe", if I have strong intuition and some information from a trusted source I will take a big risk.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  Super Six 
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
6 BTC PRIZE POOL
TAKE PART
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Natsuu

Activity: 1092
Merit: 158

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:19:46 AM

I sell when I at least profited like 20% to 40% from my capital.
I don't want to hold it for too long because sometimes from holding too long you didn't know that you already missed the ceiling.
Better you also know what coins are profitable in short and long term.

minizi99

Activity: 242

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:58:28 AM

Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.

What's your strategy?
When I see that there will be no growth or the coin has gone into a deep dump and the rise will not be very long, then why keep the money dead weight. In general, everything depends on the situation, sometimes I sell, so that the profit can be invested in another coin, since it is not attractive to sit on one coin.
Gotomoon

Activity: 719
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:08:23 AM

I sell when I at least profited like 20% to 40% from my capital.
I don't want to hold it for too long because sometimes from holding too long you didn't know that you already missed the ceiling.
Better you also know what coins are profitable in short and long term.
Everytime I do trading I consider to sell my holdings when Ive already earn profit. This is my goal when trading an altcoins. But I also hold some altcoins for a long term basis it depends on how you balance your daily trading.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:27:48 AM
Last edit: October 09, 2017, 06:14:05 PM by TrueCryptonaire

I decide that it's right time to sell by watching the graph, if the graph and anyone can see that it be is experienced enough, the graph goes to a high and then go down a little bit and then again go to that high again, this indicates the resistance and if enough funds get invested in it then the graph goes up, but it is rare that the investors will follow the increasing bitcoin price and the bitcoin price falls due to lack of investors investing in it, in the end it all depends on your ability to read the graphs, if you are able to do so then you can do pretty well in trading without any doubt.
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:19:06 AM

Maybe when the price goes up and with the price increase it can already get profits that match the target profit in a trade or investment of course at that time can sell the right bitcoin.
rachelia13

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 04:36:18 AM

I always sell my bitcoins when I am making enough profits from it as only holding is really boring for me so when I see higher price without waiting much I sell my coins and buy them back when price falls in future and I think that is the best way to make regular profits and I apply same principle even to altcoins as holding altcoins too long can be really risky.
I also do the same thing you do because I can not monitor the price 24/7, so I will also sell the bitcoin / altcoin I have when I feel I've earned some profit, I also do not like to hold bitcoin for too long because it is risky and sometimes when we hold we can't buy again when the prices down and it's means we lose the opportunity to gain profit again
jeraldskie11

Activity: 1246
Merit: 356

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:12:24 AM

My strategy is just look on an update of the coin that you wanted to sell if there is a good news of it. You can also watch at the candle sticks, there are many signals there depends on candlesticks formation.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 11:03:56 AM

This may be the best way to manage bitcoin and to benefit from the need for a good plan, and of course planning and analysis is required in this trading or investment activity because to minimize the losses that will occur when conducting business.
Without proper planning you cannot even take a single step in the business world. You just not only need a plan but a series of plans supporting one another back to back. You need proper work out while getting into trading with bitcoin. Bitcoin at present is the leader of all the digital currencies so there is a need of staying very cautious in the crypto market. Always stay prepared for the worst.
nagiblem

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:12:14 PM

What's your strategy?

My strategy is to wait for my target profit and that will be my deciding point to sell then once i had sold my investment i will reinvest it again to other crypto currency to have more and more profit.

Lumada

Activity: 520
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:44:02 PM

This may be the best way to manage bitcoin and to benefit from the need for a good plan, and of course planning and analysis is required in this trading or investment activity because to minimize the losses that will occur when conducting business.
Without proper planning you cannot even take a single step in the business world. You just not only need a plan but a series of plans supporting one another back to back. You need proper work out while getting into trading with bitcoin. Bitcoin at present is the leader of all the digital currencies so there is a need of staying very cautious in the crypto market. Always stay prepared for the worst.

Keep away from worst as much as possible better earn how to know things we should do and plan every steps we're going to decide. The result will depend on our abilities and activities that we will be doing.

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
Bridg3Wat3r

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:47:57 PM

Not really sure to sell now.
BTC is on the move
and Altcoins seem to go lower,... I ll seek best time to buy back there.
Aspire68

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 05:04:20 AM

If you're not up to the price movements, better to just keep it safe in your wallet and as much as possible, if you have a day job, avoid withdrawing and use your own money for expenses. We're not certain whether bitcoin will shoot up or go down. So selling would depend on how you assess things.
chichigirl

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

HELENA

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 05:53:39 AM

It depends on the situation, for me, i will decide based on the chart and with others advice from the professional trader or who is currently doing great in terms of trading experiences.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y
|    TWITTER    |   TELEGRAM   |    DISCORD    |
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JOIN NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
smookyjaidev

Activity: 25

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 07:14:35 AM

I always decide selling bitcoin on my situations,sometime bitcoin price will increase on that case i am happy to sell it.some crucial times also i will set the bitcoins.
KEPLER99

Activity: 448
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 11:21:18 AM

I always decide selling bitcoin on my situations,sometime bitcoin price will increase on that case i am happy to sell it.some crucial times also i will set the bitcoins.
In short you are trying to say that selling your Bitcoins is due to a mere reason of falling short  of money supply required meet the daily needs of a person. but if you allow me to guide you in this regard then my  suggestion would obviously be a big no to selling the BTCs. this is because prices we rise to a higher level without you getting noticed about the situation and hence it would become impossible for you to buy whatever you have sold again.
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:18:15 AM

I think you should sell only if needed. If you don't have any emergency, then bitcoin holding is the best choice. And you don't need to sell your stash, just get a few then keep the remaining because bitcoin will surely increase in the future. Personally, I'm not selling specially with the current price, I'm expecting it to grow more before segwit2x and then I will decide if I needed to sell because the price might go down. But in any cases, hodling is the really good at this time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: