Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:25:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you decide when it's time to sell?  (Read 14639 times)
ictin

Activity: 258
Merit: 100

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 10:04:50 PM

Setting up a target price to sell is the most important skill in trading. No one can teach you this lesson. You have to practice many times to get experience.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nirozeen

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:45:47 AM

sell on the way up, until your initial investment is out, then
stay and play with winning money.
reda

Activity: 910
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 01:54:20 AM

sell on the way up, until your initial investment is out, then
stay and play with winning money.

Just wait for the prices high then you will sell the bitcoin. But you will know the prices infromation high and low it will help to sell or hold your bitcoin. If need the prices information check the wallet and market places. You will check every day so it good to for the future growth then you will learn more information bitcoin prices change day by day so you will know the prices information.
ThunderCatSteve

Activity: 770
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:05:48 AM

I am checking the price first and i will decide to sell if the price reach the price that i have in mind. Because i am satisfying my self on that price so i wont have any regrets later. This is how i decide when to sell.
There is no right time of selling your bitcoin. It is you who has to decide this thing that when is the right time of selling your bitcoin. You being the owner knows this thing in a better way. For me, holding of bitcoin is more beneficial than that of selling of bitcoins.

I do sell my bitcoins but at the time when I see getting a very good amount of profit by selling them. I do not sell until I get 50% of the profit.
TIDOVEE

Activity: 1246
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:10:59 AM

I determine the time to sell by properly studying the scaling ( the rise and fall of the price). When the price is high enough for me to buy  and o sell when it is low. It takes patience to get the profit out of it. Of not one will sell at loss. One can check the scale at the exchange site.
Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:33:01 AM

Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.
If you set up an open order with too high a price, you might not sell at all.

What's your strategy?
if the price that im targeting comes real or maybe closes to it.thats why im into long term investment because i have my target price.and im not into hurry i believe that patient is the key to success here in crypto currency worldd
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 02:03:13 PM

I always decide selling bitcoin on my situations,sometime bitcoin price will increase on that case i am happy to sell it.some crucial times also i will set the bitcoins.
In short you are trying to say that selling your Bitcoins is due to a mere reason of falling short  of money supply required meet the daily needs of a person. but if you allow me to guide you in this regard then my  suggestion would obviously be a big no to selling the BTCs. this is because prices we rise to a higher level without you getting noticed about the situation and hence it would become impossible for you to buy whatever you have sold again.
Everyone does the same for selling bitcoin. You never know about untold and unwarned financial crisis and to overcome them, you are supposed to sell off bitcoin. Personally I am in favor of setting targets with bitcoin and sell them off when you reach your targeted value and if we look at the current situation of bitcoin, holding is best till the mid of December because then bitcoin will be of 7k dollars.
The point would be not to consider bitcoin as just an asset and you can remove and spend from it whenever you like. Except for traders who do it for profit. Bitcoin is highly unpredictable and you can sell now and see the price going to the moon any moment from then.

You just have to be very smart about your decisions so you do not end up making the wrong move and even if you do, you just know how to get back in.
dragonbhai

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 02:44:12 PM

Setting up a target price to sell is the most important skill in trading. No one can teach you this lesson. You have to practice many times to get experience.
I usually base my sell signal in the chart activity. When the price is about the dump, and volume of sells started to increase. I start making selling. I also base my sell signal in the news. For example, NEO dump because of China's new policy in ICO investing.
snackman

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

snack of all trades

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 04:46:31 AM

Depending on each coins, I will have a own strategy for them. If it is a new tokens, I will hold and wait until the project finish. If it is an old altcoins in market, I will sell after get about 20% profit

Wowcoin

Activity: 910
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:46:44 AM

Every holder can decide if they want to sell or not. its up to them i am not a holder of bitcoin if i have bitcoin athen i need  money i sell it to cash it out i didn't wait the bitcoin rising if i have a chance to sell it i will.
Bitinity
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1310

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 05:17:01 AM

I will sell my coins as long as I reach my profit target, but sometime I only sell 50% of them and keep the other 50% in a hope that the price will still going up. If there is something urgent for real life stuff, then I will sell it as well even though I do not reach my target or even I need to do cut loss. Means that everything may happen unexpectedly, so we should be wise in trading.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
EinWert

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 05:19:26 AM

I  sell when the price increase in 5 %, unless there arent  crazy volume increase.
JollySkipper

Activity: 136

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:34:28 AM

Concentrate on school and then watch the price when BTC is in the tv news.

Best answer, indeed every time btc is on the news, the price is going down next day

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 05:40:53 PM

I always decide selling bitcoin on my situations,sometime bitcoin price will increase on that case i am happy to sell it.some crucial times also i will set the bitcoins.
In short you are trying to say that selling your Bitcoins is due to a mere reason of falling short  of money supply required meet the daily needs of a person. but if you allow me to guide you in this regard then my  suggestion would obviously be a big no to selling the BTCs. this is because prices we rise to a higher level without you getting noticed about the situation and hence it would become impossible for you to buy whatever you have sold again.
If the investor is living in the country where bitcoin is used frequently then there is no issue about shortage of money because in those countries bitcoin can be used as payment and this coin has capability to overcome any type of financial crisis because this coin gives so much that one can easily survives in shortage time and sell bitcoin in the time of high price and more of it buy at the time of falling, so simple.
Just that simple! The reason why so many people are always on the verge of holding or thinking when to sell is because they consider it more of an asset than a means of payment.

As long as you need it and you are selling at the value at that moment in time, deal with it when the price goes up. A pro trader on the other hand already expect shits like this to happen and they already have strategies to stick with in case anything goes wrong with their predictions.
BitcoinSniper

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:33:24 PM

My trading strategies is set up an order in the price that I think I can get a enough profit. But it depends on the situation, if I need a money I trade it to actual price because I have no choice. But I sell the equal value of token that I need, the rest was in the open order.

Then it is obvious that the right time to sell is the high price but we can't predict on what time is that, so that instead of spending a time in guarding the price, I read the ICO price, choose a best coins exchanger and set my orders.
MarkoViewly

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:46:56 PM

It's a tough spot let's be honest. You can never be aware of what the future has to offer, that's the biggest disadvantage against the entire thing. I would say you sell whenever it feels fitting and you are satisfied with what you gained. But here's the issue - you do not necessarily gain the entire time. There could be times when you are at a loss and you just want to minimize that loss. The most important thing is that you feel that you are doing the right thing. If you expect for someone to give you the right advice there is only one thing you should know - the crypto world is full of speculations and people creating false hype so they feel better about themselves and their investments. Just do what you think will keep you asleep at night without having to stress out on if you did the right choice or not. It is YOUR money at the end of the day.
meldrio1

Activity: 1358

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:24:58 AM

when the price is go up then I just keep holding until the price is stable then starting to go down the price then I'm gonna sell it my coins, that's my strategy.

Rostchild

Activity: 134

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:57:46 AM

It is time to buy,
dont sell it.

You can read TA,
it is bullish,
some or more cryptos are dropping,
it is time to buy,
DONT SELL
214missy

Activity: 98
Merit: 17

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:21:34 PM

Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.
If you set up an open order with too high a price, you might not sell at all.

What's your strategy?
Bitcoin price change price oftenly. Sometime it moves up, sometime move down. So for me in order to decide weather Im going to sell my coin was it , im setting a particular amount. That if bitcoin reaches that im going to sell it. And if bitcoin fall down until that amount im going to buy it. Im not pertaining to the period of time. Im basing it with the value.
SirLancelot

Activity: 2478
Merit: 582

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:06:42 AM

Every holder can decide if they want to sell or not. its up to them i am not a holder of bitcoin if i have bitcoin athen i need  money i sell it to cash it out i didn't wait the bitcoin rising if i have a chance to sell it i will.
This decision of selling the bitcoins entirely relies on the person who is having bitcoin in his wallet. There is no hard and fast rule which need to be followed while making this decision. I myself do sell my bitcoins most of the time but I do not go for selling my bitcoins at lower rates. I only sell my bitcoins when I am getting some good amount of profit which I actually want to earn.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: