Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:42:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you decide when it's time to sell?  (Read 14639 times)
GeorgeEden

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

Patience and knowledge are gold.

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:18:41 AM

Depends on the project or the rise of the price of it. Nd also your goals. If y just wanna make fast profit you should sell them and go and invest on a new one

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
santieevanz

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:41:21 AM

Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.
If you set up an open order with too high a price, you might not sell at all.

What's your strategy?
We all want to earn a big amount of money out of trading process but in order to do that we should be monitoring the movement of coins in the market. There’s a blockfolio application that are easy to monitor the prices of each coin and if ever you want to get notified about the value of the coin then there is also a feature in the app that you will set the value of the specific coin and it will automatically alarm or notify you once it reached the set value. That application has lot of features that will help you in trading and you should install it in your mobile phone.

Arkham Knight

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:03:10 AM

Usually, I'm contented if my altcoin reached 100% up and I sell it but there are some other coins that I know that can go up not just 2x but 100x and those are the likes of ripple and tron.
muhsyakir

Activity: 120

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:04:51 AM

I decided the right time to sell was when the price of the coin I wanted to sell was high, because by selling at a high moment the huge profit potential was wide open.
melted349

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:15:20 AM

Usually, I'm contented if my altcoin reached 100% up and I sell it but there are some other coins that I know that can go up not just 2x but 100x and those are the likes of ripple and tron.
for me if i know that this may enough for me to gain profit i take the opportunity to sell it cause for me this is more good than if there may have the time to take this down then i may not able to sell this is what others may regret for.
vinc3

Activity: 309
Merit: 251

Make Love Not War

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:55:36 AM

I try to set an alarm in blockfolio, once it hit it I sell it, you can clearly see the price if it is incredibly unstable high as of the moment due to the sudden surge. The when I sold it I set again a low price order just in case the price goes low once again. Let the market be your friend, work with price flow and not against the flow.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Topaz72

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:26:15 PM

I set a profit margin of almost 8% or 18% and as soon my invested coin reaches that price target,then i just sell my coins and complete the trade.Some don't set such profit limits and they simply follow the price rise thinking that it would continue to rise and suddenly when it gets dumped,then they suffer a huge loss by selling their coins at much lower price than their bought price.
Its so simple to know about when to sell bitcoin I think he best way to sell bitcoin is to check the price of bitcoin every day now a days bitcoin price is very high and in my country bitcoin price is very high when you want to sell bitcoin so you can sell bitcoin because this price is coming from last month and its one of the highest price of bitcoin which I never see before and I’m sure that in coming time bitcoin price will go more high.
Tosyn2

Activity: 566

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:15:49 AM

I set an alarm on my blockfolio to know when the profit margin i set for the trading has gotten to that amount, but if you're a busy type you can watch the market often to see the growth and sell when you hit you target.
ramzhies

Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:01:00 AM

when overbought.. or if u reached ur desired price..
SirLancelot

Activity: 2478
Merit: 582

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:41:47 AM

I set a profit margin of almost 8% or 18% and as soon my invested coin reaches that price target,then i just sell my coins and complete the trade.Some don't set such profit limits and they simply follow the price rise thinking that it would continue to rise and suddenly when it gets dumped,then they suffer a huge loss by selling their coins at much lower price than their bought price.
Its so simple to know about when to sell bitcoin I think he best way to sell bitcoin is to check the price of bitcoin every day now a days bitcoin price is very high and in my country bitcoin price is very high when you want to sell bitcoin so you can sell bitcoin because this price is coming from last month and its one of the highest price of bitcoin which I never see before and I’m sure that in coming time bitcoin price will go more high.
It is you who has to make this decision regarding the prime time of selling the bitcoins which you are having back in your wallet.

Though I am not in a favor of selling my bitcoins but I follow one conviction regarding this. I only sell my bitcoins once I see the market price of bitcoins going this much high that selling results in some good amount of profit. Otherwise, I hold my bitcoins and wait for the right time to sell.
RoccoSiffredi

Activity: 134

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:46:05 AM

There is no way to know which is the right moment. Usually, if the price goes up parabolic, any moment is good to sell, because the price could tank back any moment. You will often regret to have sold too early and to have gained less than you could have, but that's better than to have sold too late and to have actually lost money...

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
markdario112616

Activity: 816
Merit: 133

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:01:51 PM

Whenever the price is high I would definitely sell it, coming from the golden rule of Buy low and sell high. Though, as for me I do use the golden rule from time to time. Actually, I'd agree that there's no such thing is a perfect time to sell or buy its more risk taking. As for me following the golden rule of buying low, I've set a standard percentage in which it reaches to that point I would definetely convert it to cash and re-invest again. Though due to volatility of the market its quite hard to predict what could be the rates from time to time. It wouls sometimes be in your favor or not. I do take some pre-cautions before I decided, so that I wouldn't regret anything.
km4700ruda

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:42:12 PM

Only when you decide at which percentage of your total profit you want to sell, as an example, sometimes i do not want to leave the market, i just hold as much as i can and then see what is going to happen, there are 99% chances of making more money
icecream sandwich

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:02:07 PM

Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.

What's your strategy?

When i see that the price of the coins is pretty much larger than it used to be. Because i just join in a bounty campaigns and i am not selling those bounty rewards that are giving to me unless the price is right. If i know that i will gain a lot of money in it. Because the fees are getting expensibe these days and it is gard tp sell coins in a lower price so if the price is grat as i calculated it it is good for me to sell it.
hritevanz

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:35:47 AM

I simply decide the right time to sell when the price is at the highest because obviously it is more profitable. Sometimes, it's kinda dissapointing when the price of bitcoin keep on decreasing continously for almost a month which made someone panic and sell his/her coin at low price and I won't blame them for doing that because for sure negativity strike  them. However, if you think you can hold your coins then hold it for a while until the price of it is larger than it used to be.
Firefox07

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:37:05 AM

I sell my coins whenever the price is high. But its hard to know if the price is good enough to sell my coins. Some coins are grow even more in the future.

shinchan123

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:53:13 AM

I simply decide on a certain percentage target. This mindset definitely helped me avoid huge losses in the past. The market is unpredictable and taking chances for the hopes of getting a higher value could have a devastating turnout. Yes, I might sell early if the target is reached and the next day it goes even higher, but a profit is a profit and just remember the reasons for using this strategy.
Choii

Activity: 658
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:09:30 PM

I decide to sell my coins when the price is higher than the price where i buy.

I doing that also, because everyone knows that the strategy of trading is buy for the lowest price and sell when the price is higher than your actaul price that you buy. However, there's no such thing as a right time when it comes to sell our altcoin, because there's so many altcoin out there that their price was so slow when it comes to increase their value or price.

███    TWITTER    MEGATRON      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                     THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION                  LAUNCH EVENT    ███
███  TELEGRAM     WEBSITE           FACEBOOK      ███
potzpotz

Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:27:26 PM

What's your strategy?
For me the perfect time to sell is when you have a good stock and rate you should be patient for buyers if you want to sell and also grab the opportunity if you have once but you must be wise in selling.
RavenHood

Activity: 294
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:03:46 PM

In my opinion, It will depend on the person when he or she decides to sell the bitcoin. Everyone has own plan to sell their bitcoin, so if you need the money and there are no ways to have money, so that is the best time to sell your bitcoin or altcoin, no matter what is the price convert it to the fiat. As long you have the money don't convert to fiat because the movement of the price on the markets change we don’t know when it will raise again.  At the end you  are the one will decide to sell or to hold.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: