Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:12:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you decide when it's time to sell?  (Read 14639 times)
shezu007

Activity: 336
Merit: 121

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:10:36 PM

That is excellent questions.
If you are doing trading you need to see situation of BTC graph. Mark a value on graph at which you have bought BTC and then define your limit that how much you want to earn. So after that you need to judge price graph as you understand that now price can give you your define profit then you can sell.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gobeller

Activity: 156
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:19:13 PM

That is excellent questions.
If you are doing trading you need to see situation of BTC graph. Mark a value on graph at which you have bought BTC and then define your limit that how much you want to earn. So after that you need to judge price graph as you understand that now price can give you your define profit then you can sell.

It's impossible to find an exact sell point to realize your exit plan, if you have any. I generally check price charts and see if it's a good exit price. Then I can decide to sell or not.
eydrea

Activity: 235
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:39:10 PM

I decide when my investment or my capital has already profits, a big profits because this is our goal for to have a good profits in the future. Sometimes just look the graph of your coins then mark already what is your desired value of your coins and set it already there in this way you can earn a good profits too. There are many ways to know when you will sell, just read and research about it.
Amajaa

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 03:41:14 PM

For me as long as i gain profitt already i will sell it right away then buy again when dump i dont want to stress myself too much on trading..  But the ones i know have big potential coins ill keep it for a while then trade when hit high price in market..
Scallywag

Activity: 249
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:46:01 PM

Whatever i thought about before i bought them , if i bought a coin because i think it can be worth $100 and it is $50 i won't sell because i think it will go higher. Even if i have already gone x10 .
Coinhype

Activity: 204

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:46:37 PM

When i buy a coin, i set an price when i want to sell it. And the price of the coins is set depens on how high i buyed, the market cap and the total supply. When theres a low supply and low market cap at the time i buyed the coin, its possible to make a bigger growth then when the coin has a high supply and high market cap. Sometimes i sell my coin when i see its pumped or hyped, because i know there no reason why it should at the moment.
starsnshamrocks

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:21:54 PM

Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.
If you set up an open order with too high a price, you might not sell at all.

What's your strategy?

A very good question and therefore a thread, which I will continue to follow! Just looking at how coins like Next, Ripple, Stellar have performed lately, my hodl has not been the best strategy, so it is interesting to read about how others are making the decision if they should continue holding or sell and lock in the profits.
Katashi

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 05:19:04 PM

When it come's to trading, my only basis for my time of selling is my greed. Which is case to case coz we are different people. I believe when the price hits and satisfy my greed i believe it's good enough. I'll be not thinking even though there will be a breakout after that. Try it it really helps and stress free as a trading practice. It's a matter of satisfaction they say, profit is profit.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit InvestBox| 
BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY
🏆
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 08:10:44 AM

I set a profit margin of almost 8% or 18% and as soon my invested coin reaches that price target,then i just sell my coins and complete the trade.Some don't set such profit limits and they simply follow the price rise thinking that it would continue to rise and suddenly when it gets dumped,then they suffer a huge loss by selling their coins at much lower price than their bought price.

It all depends on what price I bought. If I'm happy with the profit, I'm starting to sell. If I start to incur a loss, I sell at the minimum loss value.
The best thing which can help you in selling your coins at the best suitable time and that too without having no worries is to make something in your mind like the profit which you want to make at the time of selling your bitcoins.

You need to have something in your mind that you will not sell your bitcoin until and unless you will not get this much of money by selling your bitcoins. This will help you in making better decision.
Yanisumin

Activity: 648
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:02:43 AM

I would say it's situational and logical decision to sell Bitcoins at any given point.

Nobody wants to have a loss on their investment, so wait until you achieve a handful of profit to your investment and analyse the trend closely before selling, sometimes your profit might be higher than expected.
Yeaa it actually will always conditional , you cannot just set certain limit for no matter what reason.
It will only ruin your trading decision , sometimes you can only did it spontaneusly , not with a planned one.
I mean you need to have a good analysis skill to be able predicting the future market , otherwise it will always based on speculation. Buy and sell it follow the trends? That is the most simple way.

I doubt that even a good skill can predict the prices. And yes the only thing that one can do is the analysis of the present market. Trading is based on millions of decisions and sometimes the way of how people ride (individual, whales, small or big traders) make the waves or surf the waves.
Follow the trends? Well said.
I've been on a bunch of traders but there is no one that can really tell the outcome. All are speculations.
So it is better to speculate?
I think it's better to be always updated on the latest news and the latest updates of the platform you are following.
Only trust legit channels and news.
And of course put up some work hours. If you wanna be a trader monitoring every single corner of the trading platforms are very important IMO.

Jraf95

Activity: 170
Merit: 46

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:18:03 AM

Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.

What's your strategy?
Well my strategy for selling my token is just a matter of when the money is highly needed for me andif not even the price is higher I can still hold it up until future comes because I know time's roll and roll then the price more higher in the right time.
MostafaGamal

Activity: 1153
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:51:20 AM

you can follow the chart and the news about coin to deiced when you will sell your coin , and the best time to sell when you need a money Wink
syamster

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:15:47 PM

you can follow the chart and the news about coin to deiced when you will sell your coin , and the best time to sell when you need a money Wink
In this regards you will see a lot of sites and forum but the best forum is bitcoin talk.org forum. There are a lot of people who will guide you very well as they are having experience about it. Price of bitcoin use to increase and decrease according to my experience and knowledge price of bitcoin is almost about 12k it is not very high so it is important to wait more till it go more high then you will be allow to sell for having big profit from bitcoin investment so it is time to buy not to sell.

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
HalfDeck

Activity: 223

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:24:31 PM

What's your strategy?
Well my strategy for selling my token is just a matter of when the money is highly needed for me andif not even the price is higher I can still hold it up until future comes because I know time's roll and roll then the price more higher in the right time.

No, if you are a trader, you must to take profit when you have huge profit or high profit per day. Example you can earn 20% within few hours because the price of that crypto pumped by FOMO. That is the time for you take profit, hold just make you miss chance to buy that crypto at low price again.
Herressy

Activity: 361
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:08:09 PM

What's your strategy?

No, if you are a trader, you must to take profit when you have huge profit or high profit per day. Example you can earn 20% within few hours because the price of that crypto pumped by FOMO. That is the time for you take profit, hold just make you miss chance to buy that crypto at low price again.

holding and wait when would be the best time on it is some of the strategy that they may have for when they are able to earn some profit yes we all know that this is may hard to know for but making this for you to be able to have some profit is best for it.
uncleduckerr

Activity: 202

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:27:58 PM

Mainly focus on volume but you do have to also take into consideration the market sentiment and how the fundamentals are holding up. Given these 3 aspects you can make an accurate decision on when to sell or not. Lastly, know you are going to make tons of mistakes and that nobody is perfect, that will make selling a lot easier because it will reduce the pressure to not screw up.

spadormie

Activity: 840
Merit: 268

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:32:09 PM

I decide when it's time to sell when I started gaining profits. For example, a short trade, I gained 10% out of a free signal. There goes, I'll sell my asset. It is clearly on your part whether you wanted to sell or not but I might hodl it for a bit if the signal told me that I will gain a little more.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
Abrham90210

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:03:40 PM

Well you won't clearly know when to sell them because everyone wants more when the price goes up you might have doubts if to wait for more or sell them immediately
Xetonica

Activity: 706

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:45:06 AM

It is depend on the situition in the market by reading some news and other channels that could get you some information about your holding coins, but for me i rather to sell when i see that i had 30 to 50 percent of gain from my capital i will sell it right away.
Man21

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:53:03 AM

In my opinion, It will depend on the person when he or she decides to sell the bitcoin. Everyone has own plan to sell their bitcoin, so if you need the money and there are no ways to have money, so that is the best time to sell your bitcoin or altcoin, no matter what is the price convert it to the fiat. As long you have the money don't convert to fiat because the movement of the price on the markets change we don’t know when it will raise again.  At the end you  are the one will decide to sell or to hold.

it is all depend on the person that is true like me when i sell i look unto the price before i decide to sell or not like today my decision is that i will not sell because of too low the value of bitcoin , as long as i can be frugal in handling my fiat i will , because it is full of regret if i sell and then the price started to go up again .

How many time a day you look into bitcoin price mate? Is it not wasting time?
In my opinion, set our goal and set pending order in exchange will help us not to be greedy.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: