Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:46:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethermine, Claymore`s miner 9.8 and Poloniex  (Read 936 times)
visakovbg (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:35:01 AM

Hello! My name is Veselin. I am completely new to the mining business and please, accept my apologies in case you consider my questions as stupid Smiley .
I have two rigs with evarage hashrate 149 MH/s per piece.
I am completely confused about connecting wallet at Poloniex with the mining rig.
I did everything by the book. I mean i transfered the ETH deposit address generated by Poloniex to the command line at the Start.bat file of my Claymore`s miner 9.8 . 
So far i have 0.65 ETH accorting the Ethermine.org miner`s page (where is pasted my deposit address from Poloniex). Still no any info in the deposit/withdraw page and 0.000000 ballance.
At the same time on the deposit addres window is mentioned that the minimum amount for deposit to appear on the balances page is 0.5 ETH, but on the Poloniex deposit policies page there is a 1.00 ETH + fee % . So i am completely confused.

Could you please, help!

Thank you in advance for your time and attention! Kind regards, Vesko
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ESJai

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

I Mine Anything and Everything!

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:54:32 AM

First, ethermine has a default minimum payout of 1 ETH, so your eth would be released until you mine 1ETH on ethermine, which means your eth is still on ethermine, not poloniex.
After you hit the minimum, ethermine will send your eth to the wallet you use, and they will pay the transaction fee.
Expect 1ETH on your polo account for the next coming payout.

I wouldn't recommend using a wallet on exchange (not safe) especially those with minimum deposit.
Also, poloniex has been having issues with their withdrawal system.
I made a sia withdraw a month ago, it's still in processing.
Their support never replies so good luck using it I guess :/
mokrejbandita

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 10:02:44 AM

Hello there,
I have got question too. After Bitstamp added ethereum trading pairs, anyone knows if we can mine eth (on ethermine with those 1ETH payouts) straight into the bitstamp wallet? Anyone already tried it?

Thanks in advice.
And.
Sorry for stealing thread ^^
Branko

Activity: 2450
Merit: 318

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 10:50:24 AM

I have curious issue with Poloniex too...if I pay 0.5 or more in one transaction, it goes well and after few minutes ETH is on
my wallet...however, If I pay it in few small amounts, I get it about 5 days after those small amounts sum reaches 0.5 ETH needed
to be put into wallet

meanwhile, this guy

https://etherscan.io/address/0xD2aafc30CFA2A7ddb7F1A7a24Dc7606a9cd482C3

claims his transactions from ETHERMINE (like original poster) of any value get on his
wallet as if theres no minimum amount on either Poloniex (0.5ETH) or ethermine (whatever amount is there)

How?
h311m4n

Activity: 487
Merit: 266

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 11:17:17 AM

First, ethermine has a default minimum payout of 1 ETH, so your eth would be released until you mine 1ETH on ethermine, which means your eth is still on ethermine, not poloniex.
After you hit the minimum, ethermine will send your eth to the wallet you use, and they will pay the transaction fee.
Expect 1ETH on your polo account for the next coming payout.

I wouldn't recommend using a wallet on exchange (not safe) especially those with minimum deposit.
Also, poloniex has been having issues with their withdrawal system.
I made a sia withdraw a month ago, it's still in processing.
Their support never replies so good luck using it I guess :/

The default is 1, but you can change this to like 0.25 if you want, in the settings.

I agree that one should leave a minimal number of tokens on an exchange wallet. I was mining some XMR to poloniex some time ago, until one day I realized they changed my wallet address for some obscure reasons. I did not receive any e-mail from Poloniex warning me about this. I had like 3 XMRs out in the wild on an address I had no way of accessing. My support ticket is still open...I contacted a poloniex guy on reddit and I think he got my XMRs back as I saw some appearing on my "new" monero address on Polo.

Been mining to my personal XMR wallet since then. Got all my ETHs out of there some time ago already, still have a bunch of SIAs on there I haven't touched, but they had so much issues with SIA I thought it better to leave it where it is...you just can't trust an exchange. Use it to trade and get the majority of your funds out.

I have curious issue with Poloniex too...if I pay 0.5 or more in one transaction, it goes well and after few minutes ETH is on
my wallet...however, If I pay it in few small amounts, I get it about 5 days after those small amounts sum reaches 0.5 ETH needed
to be put into wallet

meanwhile, this guy

https://etherscan.io/address/0xD2aafc30CFA2A7ddb7F1A7a24Dc7606a9cd482C3

claims his transactions from ETHERMINE (like original poster) of any value get on his
wallet as if theres no minimum amount on either Poloniex (0.5ETH) or ethermine (whatever amount is there)

How?

Polo says : The minimum amount for deposit is 0.5 ETH. Smaller deposits will be credited once they total this amount.

I think you're confusing transactions with crediting. If you set Ethermine to send every 0.1 ETHs, a transaction will appear on the network with that amount from Ethermine to Poloniex. Poloniex will just hold those credits until they total at least 0.5, at which point you'll see them in your polo wallet.
Branko

Activity: 2450
Merit: 318

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 11:31:25 AM

Polo says : The minimum amount for deposit is 0.5 ETH. Smaller deposits will be credited once they total this amount.

I think you're confusing transactions with crediting. If you set Ethermine to send every 0.1 ETHs, a transaction will appear on the network with that amount from Ethermine to Poloniex. Poloniex will just hold those credits until they total at least 0.5, at which point you'll see them in your polo wallet.

Nope...that guy sees those 0.09eth amounts on his wallet 10 minutes after they happen...I'll see my 0.51 in few days
ESJai

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

I Mine Anything and Everything!

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 12:08:37 AM

The default is 1, but you can change this to like 0.25 if you want, in the settings.

I agree that one should leave a minimal number of tokens on an exchange wallet. I was mining some XMR to poloniex some time ago, until one day I realized they changed my wallet address for some obscure reasons. I did not receive any e-mail from Poloniex warning me about this. I had like 3 XMRs out in the wild on an address I had no way of accessing. My support ticket is still open...I contacted a poloniex guy on reddit and I think he got my XMRs back as I saw some appearing on my "new" monero address on Polo.

Been mining to my personal XMR wallet since then. Got all my ETHs out of there some time ago already, still have a bunch of SIAs on there I haven't touched, but they had so much issues with SIA I thought it better to leave it where it is...you just can't trust an exchange. Use it to trade and get the majority of your funds out.

Payout lower than 1ETH will charge a tx fee tho (nanopool is better on this tbh) , so I would rather just hold and save (so it can be a way to stop yourself selling Smiley ).

I guess I should try to find the guy on reddit.
Using reddit is really a pain for me, its design looks too confusing.
Anyway, thanks for the info.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: