Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:55:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The price of bitcoin and where it's headed  (Read 848 times)
teilwalL05

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 04:46:13 PM

bitcoin is really heading towards a new safe floor for us and I can see that it will continually brake the barrier going up you can surely see the price value of bitcoin, yes it is fluctuating but even if it is dropping, it doesn't stay down for long and always coming back up and right now the price is at the best value so far,

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cashodler

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 05:03:43 PM

I think it can close this month at $4500 and close the next at $6000. I dont think it will reach 10k at the end of the year. There will be FUD in November so the price will be probably around $7000 at the end of year.

In the last couple of days bitcoin made a triple top, and it didn't manage to reach it's all time high. So it i going to pull back and take a breather and investors are going to play a wait and see game for the next few weeks while the watch what happens to the mempool and the back-and-forth game with BCH as regards the hashrate.

If bitcoin can clear the mempool, I reckon investors will pile in again. If it can't they might conclude it's broken.

The only way I can see the mempool clearing is if people hold off sending transactions for the time being (use litecoin or doge or ether or something to send from exchange to exchange).

Mempool won't be cleared, people won't move their btc to segwit address first and many wallets and merchants will not support it for a long time. Dont ever expect users to do something that's harder than counting from 1 to 3, that's why soft forks are bad and probably hard fork is the way to go when it comes to protocol changes, bigger blocks would have solved it already.... it supports the idea that bitcoin will never be a payment system, just a digital gold. We already have other blockchain technology building to be much better for payment system and can handle FIAT+all crypto, it's called OMG (OmiseGo) by payment processer in SEA area called Omise and Ethereum founders like Vitalik Buterin and Gavin Wood and many other people... (Roger Ver, Founders of Golem, Plasma, Lightning network, etc.).
BitFinnese
Copper Member

Activity: 1050

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 05:34:29 PM

I think it can close this month at $4500 and close the next at $6000. I dont think it will reach 10k at the end of the year. There will be FUD in November so the price will be probably around $7000 at the end of year.

In the last couple of days bitcoin made a triple top, and it didn't manage to reach it's all time high. So it i going to pull back and take a breather and investors are going to play a wait and see game for the next few weeks while the watch what happens to the mempool and the back-and-forth game with BCH as regards the hashrate.

If bitcoin can clear the mempool, I reckon investors will pile in again. If it can't they might conclude it's broken.

The only way I can see the mempool clearing is if people hold off sending transactions for the time being (use litecoin or doge or ether or something to send from exchange to exchange).

Mempool won't be cleared, people won't move their btc to segwit address first and many wallets and merchants will not support it for a long time. Dont ever expect users to do something that's harder than counting from 1 to 3, that's why soft forks are bad and probably hard fork is the way to go when it comes to protocol changes, bigger blocks would have solved it already.... it supports the idea that bitcoin will never be a payment system, just a digital gold. We already have other blockchain technology building to be much better for payment system and can handle FIAT+all crypto, it's called OMG (OmiseGo) by payment processer in SEA area called Omise and Ethereum founders like Vitalik Buterin and Gavin Wood and many other people... (Roger Ver, Founders of Golem, Plasma, Lightning network, etc.).

Is there some way of advertising some project you can discuss this on altcoin board?  Though I would agree the people are hard headed.  It will take time before they comply and move their BTC to segwit addresses.  But it will be done I have no doubt on that. 

With the current trend, Bitcoin will probably reach $6000 at the end of the year.  There are lots of development brewing for Bitcoin.  With the speculative minds of trader and investors, once this development realized, we can see Bitcoin like a bull in steroid.
stevrev (OP)

Activity: 615
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 06:35:00 PM

when I first started paying attention to bitcoin, it was valued around $600. that wasn't that long ago, as I'm sure most of you are well aware. it has quadrupled in value since the first of the year. how much higher can it go? it seems to me, when something skyrockets in value very quickly, it can deflate just as quickly. does anyone actually predict bitcoins going above $10k? or will there be some sort of split?

just curious what you guys think..

Yes maybe it can going above 10$k or more
I think for see any stabilisation in the price, we need to wait when all 21,000,000 BTC are mined

is there an estimate for when that will be? so are you saying the price will be volatile until every single coin is mined? I guess that seems possible..
mastadonballs

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 06:37:08 PM

bitcoin is really heading towards a new safe floor for us and I can see that it will continually brake the barrier going up you can surely see the price value of bitcoin, yes it is fluctuating but even if it is dropping, it doesn't stay down for long and always coming back up and right now the price is at the best value so far,
Are you sure this opinion? You have to remember in the past, Bitcoin has breakdown from $1300 to around $1xx in long time, then it has comeback in 2015 and increase until today. Please check again history price before sure your opinion Wink
bestluck

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 10:31:02 PM

I think to reach 5k the possibility is very large at the end of this year, given the current price of bitcoin has reached $ 4300-4400 and very reasonable if it can reach 5k for the next few months.
If we see few days back, the price of bitcoin was around 2000$ - 3000$. Now it has come upto around 4000 $. It is not confirmed that how it will vary in the future but looking at the worth variation through the previous days, it seems that it will reach to 5000$ somehow in the end of the year. Some people were saying in august that bitcoin’s worth will not increase rapidly but this is actually surprising to see the rapid change.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: