Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:55:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: friend wants to buy $20,000 in bitcoin  (Read 783 times)
KingTylerVVS (OP)

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 06:16:24 PM

I need to buy 5 bitcoins or so for a friend

he lives in turkey I live in USA

as you can expect I am at a loss for what to do. I have bad credit so USA continually shuts down my bank accounts.
Cannot accept wire transfer....

How do I get some bitcoin to him? Anyone selling or know what I can do?
He is willing to spend $20,000 but he doesnt want to pay $4500 per bitcoin which is what hes been paying

right now it seems like there is nothing I can do for him
https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/lorddizer/
thats him on localbitcoins, 5 good trades so far

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
latosha

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 06:31:15 PM

And why someone has to lose more than 900 $ by selling your friend the 5btc for 20k?
KingTylerVVS (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 06:37:14 PM

And why someone has to lose more than 900 $ by selling your friend the 5btc for 20k?

dummy you dont lose $900 by selling, you sell for less than the other seller because you are a miner wanting to liquidate bitcoin for cash - which you then buy more bitcoin with for less than you sold, same day!

lots of people do this on local bitcoins - how and why the hell would anyone sell bitcoin ever in the first place?
worthless comment
seller.aws.ec2

Activity: 288

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 06:53:17 PM

dummy you dont lose $900 by selling, you sell for less than the other seller because you are a miner wanting to liquidate bitcoin for cash - which you then buy more bitcoin with for less than you sold, same day!

lots of people do this on local bitcoins - how and why the hell would anyone sell bitcoin ever in the first place?
worthless comment
this is your friend ?

KingTylerVVS (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 03:51:32 AM

worthless comment
this is your friend ?

correct and he invested $300 in my business years ago and has still not asked for a return, so I really want to help him in any way I can - great guy
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 08:50:26 AM

worthless comment

You dont have to sound insultive as its a legitimate question. You also dont expect someone to make that kind of volume of trade without questions in other to clear the curiosity. Since you are in no capacity to make the trade available to him, I will suggest two options

1. Its either you buy in the US with cash because I dont know how easy that will be, then transfer the bitcoin to him or

2. Since he is on localbitcoin, then I dont see any issue as there are always buyers and sellers on that platform which in can peruse all you can do is to recommend any one you have for him or guide him to be more careful.
doesnotcompute

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 02:38:38 PM

smh...
latosha

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 03:03:57 PM

worthless comment
The dummy here is you.Why do not you sell your friend your bitcoin ? I'll tell you why
Because you do not want to lose those 900 $
KingTylerVVS (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 08:10:54 PM

worthless comment
The dummy here is you.Why do not you sell your friend your bitcoin ? I'll tell you why
Because you do not want to lose those 900 $

no, I only HAVE $800 in bitcoin myself

and cant get a bank

the dummy is the person who assumed you lose $900 by selling $20,000 in bitcoin.... SMH
if you are a miner and you want to liquidate, and you have dozens of bitcoins lying around, sometimes you cut deals! OMG how hard is this to understand?
I seriously doubt the intelligence of people these days...

sorry I even wasted my time on this forum - good day to everyone. PEACE
doesnotcompute

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 08:17:07 PM

those deals are far and few in between at the current BTC price, not happening
KingTylerVVS (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 03:23:25 AM

those deals are far and few in between at the current BTC price, not happening

thanks. never say never. i know it was a long shot but I figure why not throw a message out there? Also if current bitcoin price on some exchanges is $4300 then I do not see $4000 per bitcoin as being too long of a long shot.

I know someone who sells bulk but their minimum order is $50,000 and for that amount you probably pay $3800 per bitcoin.
deejayq

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 03:46:20 PM

I know someone who sells bulk but their minimum order is $50,000 and for that amount you probably pay $3800 per bitcoin.
oh cool, can you give more details about this someone? Maybe a website or an email address?
doesnotcompute

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 12:13:58 AM

Yes please do
lordvizer

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 03:25:31 PM

worthless comment

You dont have to sound insultive as its a legitimate question. You also dont expect someone to make that kind of volume of trade without questions in other to clear the curiosity. Since you are in no capacity to make the trade available to him, I will suggest two options

1. Its either you buy in the US with cash because I dont know how easy that will be, then transfer the bitcoin to him or

2. Since he is on localbitcoin, then I dont see any issue as there are always buyers and sellers on that platform which in can peruse all you can do is to recommend any one you have for him or guide him to be more careful.
just a small update it was me + i have done OTC back there with over 100k USD in stages 30k 40k 32k . my money is cash and was induced with airport clearance paper , and still doing OTC BTC in turkey and Malaysia and hongkong as the business expand .
polypusx

Activity: 208
Merit: 7

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 05:03:48 PM

worthless comment

just a small update it was me + i have done OTC back there with over 100k USD in stages 30k 40k 32k . my money is cash and was induced with airport clearance paper , and still doing OTC BTC in turkey and Malaysia and hongkong as the business expand .

no one will do f2f by cash , its too big risk. to the seller. they have to meet buyer and the buyer is drugs dealer or terrorist target operation by interpol   and counterfiet money. bank 2 bank with escrow more reliable but i dont think people will sell with that prices.
mr.relax

Activity: 1651
Merit: 863

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 07:20:13 AM

no one will do f2f by cash
Thats not true. Bank transfers are way more dangerous.

Trade across blockchains DECENTRAL : https://cutt.ly/rOSoDl
DavidMott

Activity: 33
Merit: 3

>>>davidtaighmott.net<<< [[I sell cool merch!!]]

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2019, 10:44:19 AM

I'd be willing to sell. PM me if you're still looking

>>>davidtaighmott.net<<<
bradock

Activity: 268
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 11:13:01 AM

no one will do f2f by cash
Thats not true. Bank transfers are way more dangerous.

bank i think not dangerous for some countries, and need KYC first.
i got bad experience by f2f and wont do more. i got counterfiet money
Zemomtum

Activity: 1316
Merit: 104

CitizenFinance.io

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 07:27:00 PM

There are other alternative to exchange BTC to fiat and vice-versa. Why don't you look at Remitano, they also provides escrow and their interface and services is superb. I think you might find it interesting.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: