Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:37:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Marketplace trust  (Read 82924 times)
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 10:22:00 PM

So to earn a trust rating you have to have done trades with other members of the community? Is that what I am gathering from all of this?

No.

The criteria for leaving trust are:

Positive - You trust this person or had a successful trade.
Neutral - Comments. Your rating will not affect this person's trust score.
Negative - You were scammed or you strongly believe that this person is a scammer.

For the visible green/red trust summary over there <------ , it must be left by someone who is on either the default trust list or you have added to your trust list for you to see it.
If I decided you were worth a trust rating and feedback for one of the above reasons, it wouldn't show in the summary to anyone who hadn't added me to their trusted list, but would be listed on your profile under "untrusted feedback".

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 10:55:38 PM

So to earn a trust rating you have to have done trades with other members of the community? Is that what I am gathering from all of this?

Consistent successful trading is the most popular way to garner trust from other members, but certainly not the only way. Think of how you'd trust someone on a daily basis offline...buying and selling goods can lead to a trustful relationship over time, but so can consistent "trustworthy" behavior (i.e. following through on your promises / keeping your word, adding value to the community, etc). Personally, I value a member's historical behavior more than I do their past trades.
You should not trust someone just because they make "good" posts. Many sociopaths are very smart people and will routinely scam.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 11:28:05 PM

Consistent successful trading is the most popular way to garner trust from other members, but certainly not the only way. Think of how you'd trust someone on a daily basis offline...buying and selling goods can lead to a trustful relationship over time, but so can consistent "trustworthy" behavior (i.e. following through on your promises / keeping your word, adding value to the community, etc). Personally, I value a member's historical behavior more than I do their past trades.
You should not trust someone just because they make "good" posts. Many sociopaths are very smart people and will routinely scam.
So someone can just click on my account and give me a positive feedback rating just because they like what I have to say? I always thought that you had to do successful trades or borrowing from people to earn a trust rating.  I would love to start building my trust rating on BCT talk account because I do take a lot of pride in my account and work really hard to deliver the best opinions that I can on any subjects or threads I post on.  But another question I have to ask is when a lender asks for collateral and says that a third party escrow can hold it, how do you find a third party escrow person and how would you know that they are trustworthy? I wouldn't mind possibly looking into taking a small loan to start building my trust rating but I have not the slightest clue on how to go about it.  Could someone please answer these questions for me? That would be greatly appreciated Smiley Cheers

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 11:34:43 PM

So someone can just click on my account and give me a positive feedback rating just because they like what I have to say? I always thought that you had to do successful trades or borrowing from people to earn a trust rating.  I would love to start building my trust rating on BCT talk account because I do take a lot of pride in my account and work really hard to deliver the best opinions that I can on any subjects or threads I post on.  But another question I have to ask is when a lender asks for collateral and says that a third party escrow can hold it, how do you find a third party escrow person and how would you know that they are trustworthy? I wouldn't mind possibly looking into taking a small loan to start building my trust rating but I have not the slightest clue on how to go about it.  Could someone please answer these questions for me? That would be greatly appreciated Smiley Cheers
Someone can give you a trust rating for any reason they want. The majority of trust ratings you get should be from actual trades, although there can be exceptions (for example someone sees that someone is trying to scam, or if someone is otherwise considered to be trustworthy)
Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 11:35:16 PM

Agreed, and I never mentioned judging someone solely by their posts. The quality of a member's posts doesn't (in and of itself) indicate they're trustworthy.

With that in mind, your statement is just as true for people who build trust through repeated trades. It may be that the person you're buying from has been building up to the "long con" all along...

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 12:18:30 AM

Someone can give you a trust rating for any reason they want. The majority of trust ratings you get should be from actual trades, although there can be exceptions (for example someone sees that someone is trying to scam, or if someone is otherwise considered to be trustworthy)
Well thanks for answering that for me Smiley I really appreciate that because I was wondering because some guy named CryptoLTD gave me a negative trust rating and his reasoning for it was "Blatantly obvious" and I've never had any problems or discussions with this member so I don't understand why he would give me a rating like that? Also no one seemed to acknowledge the trusted third party escrow and how to obtain one or how to know that they are a trustworthy third party for using when giving collateral for a loan?  I would really like to start building up my trust rating that's a given and I would also like to increase my coin ratings which from what I've gathered I have no idea why I don't have a higher coin rating and I'm only a member? but I believe there is another thread for that if I'm correct? Thanks again for being so kind in answering all my stupid Noob questions everyone Smiley Cheers

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

DougB62

Activity: 672

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 01:24:04 AM

Well thanks for answering that for me Smiley I really appreciate that because I was wondering because some guy named CryptoLTD gave me a negative trust rating and his reasoning for it was "Blatantly obvious" and I've never had any problems or discussions with this member so I don't understand why he would give me a rating like that? Also no one seemed to acknowledge the trusted third party escrow and how to obtain one or how to know that they are a trustworthy third party for using when giving collateral for a loan?  I would really like to start building up my trust rating that's a given and I would also like to increase my coin ratings which from what I've gathered I have no idea why I don't have a higher coin rating and I'm only a member? but I believe there is another thread for that if I'm correct? Thanks again for being so kind in answering all my stupid Noob questions everyone Smiley Cheers

I'd recommend Monbux for escrow. I have had good experiences with his escrow services. His thread is here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=631008.0

Check his trust here: Monbux trust

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 01:32:22 AM

I'd recommend Monbux for escrow. I have had good experiences with his escrow services. His thread is here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=631008.0

Check his trust here: Monbux trust

Well thank you very much for that answer my friend Smiley Cheers

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

fox19891989

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 01:21:46 AM

What about some people use new accounts to defame me?

I was defamed by a stupid guy before, I felt strange, I never talked to this retard man. And he gave me negative feedback

Is that possible to remove that fake feedback? Luckily my current trust is good, not negative.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 01:32:52 AM

I was defamed by a stupid guy before, I felt strange, I never talked to this retard man. And he gave me negative feedback

Is that possible to remove that fake feedback? Luckily my current trust is good, not negative.

Assuming you are talking about this?

Feedback is not removed, but this is why there is a trust hierarchy namely default trust at the moment. That combined with the lack of reference link, no proof given by the person leaving you negative feedback, and the fact that they are a 6 post newbie with 0 posts interacting with you, their feedback would be disregarded by anyone in their right mind.
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1074

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 03:27:30 AM

Feedback is not removed, but this is why there is a trust hierarchy namely default trust at the moment. That combined with the lack of reference link, no proof given by the person leaving you negative feedback, and the fact that they are a 6 post newbie with 0 posts interacting with you, their feedback would be disregarded by anyone in their right mind.

What's more, if the person who defamed you turns out to be a notorious asshole, you might even end up proud of the negative feedback.  I got neg-repped (speciously, I hasten to add) by tradefortress back in the day.  Now I think it's a kind of mark of honor.
fox19891989

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 03:56:34 AM

Thank you mod, yes I am talking about this newbie account, fortunately his defamation is disregarded.   Cheesy
girlbtc.com

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

girlbtc.com

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2015, 07:35:56 AM

Great addition to the forum.

cool

crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 06:25:57 AM

Does the trust rating ever expires?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 07:01:56 AM

No AFAIK.

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 11:08:24 AM

No AFAIK.

No. In fact it will grow from 'strength' 1 to a maximum of 10 for every month that has passed since the rating was left.

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 12:38:07 PM

How come my trust rating nearly exploded compared to yesterday? Yesterday it was around ~ Trust:    5: -0 / +8 and now it shows as ~ Trust:    31: -0 / +5
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 12:54:48 PM

How come my trust rating nearly exploded compared to yesterday? Yesterday it was around ~ Trust:    5: -0 / +8 and now it shows as ~ Trust:    31: -0 / +5

See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1066857.0.

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 02:08:30 PM

Everyone is trusted now....enjoy!
koelen3
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007

Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 04:14:44 PM

Everyone is trusted now....enjoy!

Nope!
I see 1Referee as Neutral with all numbers 0 :/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: